RUMORED: A&M and Alabama State to the MEAC

So while looking through some other forums, I saw some threads that are saying it's a possibility that A&M and Alabama State could be moving to the MEAC. A lot of people on twitter are saying that multiple people have said A&M isn't going anywhere but nothing yet on State. What are your thoughts and would you be mad about the potential move?https://hbcugameday.com/?p=7445

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Both schools Will loose IN the end because everybody knows that THE swag is THE prominent conference IN black college football ! THE swac Will travel win or lose. Plus, our band battles have become more competitive !!!
  • Yea the more and more I read I don't see A&M leaving. Bama state idk, they are supposed to make an announcement on Monday about something. If the swac is to do anything it's two things; 1) move the SCG (when they bring it back) back to birmingham or Jackson, ms and 2) add famu or bcu to the swac to make one power hbcu conference. Tnst and Tuskegee would be good adds to the swac but I don't see them moving.
  • Somebody said something about a commissioner being on Alabama State's campus last week. I think it was the MEAC one. Idk if there is any truth to that though.

xaemill said:
    Yea the more and more I read I don't see A&M leaving. Bama state idk, they are supposed to make an announcement on Monday about something. If the swac is to do anything it's two things; 1) move the SCG (when they bring it back) back to birmingham or Jackson, ms and 2) add famu or bcu to the swac to make one power hbcu conference. Tnst and Tuskegee would be good adds to the swac but I don't see them moving.
    So while looking through some other forums, I saw some threads that are saying it's a possibility that A&M and Alabama State could be moving to the M…
  • I agree with the homie above tho, with travel both schools would loose out big time. I couldn't even imagine aamu or bama state traveling to Delaware for them to play DSU. But I still say the swac needs to be going after bcu and famu hard. I still want to see tnst in the swac. I think if the swac had the power hbcu's in the swac it could generate alot more money.

GAPeach said:
    Somebody said something about a commissioner being on Alabama State's campus last week. I think it was the MEAC one. Idk if there is any truth to that though.

xaemill said:
    Yea the more and more I read I don't see A&M leaving. Bama state idk, they are supposed to make an announcement on Monday about something. If the swac is to do anything it's two things; 1) move the SCG (when they bring it back) back to birmingham or Jackson, ms and 2) add famu or bcu to the swac to make one power hbcu conference. Tnst and Tuskegee would be good adds to the swac but I don't see them moving.
    So while looking through some other forums, I saw some threads that are saying it's a possibility that A&M and Alabama State could be moving to the M…
  • As in you could see tnst coming to the swac?

BAND/MUSIC said:

ok. add tenn state

• Eyy man I heard that, in hype for aamu vs txsu this year. I think it'll be a good match up. But I do want to see the swac stay the same but add miles and either Tuskegee or tnst.

But I guess we'll know the bama state news on monday....

Last_outlaw said:
    I can see Tenn St and Miles but I highly doubt Tenn St will make that jump! They can go, just give me my TxSU and AAMU match up first!
  • The SCG has been cancelled after this year. Starting next year, the school with the best football record will be the SWAC champion. The SWAC commissioner also said no one is leaving the SWAC anytime soon. Bama's announcement will be about something else so I guess we'll see Monday.

xaemill said:
  • Folks relax it's just rumors and a lil truth. lol The SWAC is broke 15 mil in debt and negotions are being looked at under table. I will also add that the BAMA SWAC schools aren't the only ones.

Nothing is concrete at the moment.

• I'm starting to think money wise for the two main hbcu conferences they just need to form power conferences for the fcs level. D II can decide for themselves.
  • Now that would be great! We will see.

xaemill said:

I'm starting to think money wise for the two main hbcu conferences they just need to form power conferences for the fcs level. D II can decide for themselves.
This reply was deleted.