Im from the boot so yall know im Southern and Grambling all day everyday, but I think Albany State is a superior band that gets no recognition and  the only band holding down Georgia. What yall think bout there program?

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Albany is crunk!
I wouldnt say they the only ones holding down georgia at all but i will say they are and have been coming up and starting to make a name for themselves. They are doing it the right way making sure the band is improving as a whole musicians and aux not just either or.

But like i said there are actually other decent bands in GA but lack of resources mainly money is making it tuff.
What other showbands are there in Ga?

Natural_Beauti08 said:
I wouldnt say they the only ones holding down georgia at all but i will say they are and have been coming up and starting to make a name for themselves. They are doing it the right way making sure the band is improving as a whole musicians and aux not just either or.

But like i said there are actually other decent bands in GA but lack of resources mainly money is making it tuff.
Clark,Morehouse,MBC, FVSU,SSU, and i cant recall if they have a band or not but Paine.

When MBC was running at full sail they were on it and also i think it kept Clark on their game as well. Morehouse has always been, well Morehouse with excellent dancers however. Ft. Valley is slowly but surely improving much like Albany is, Savannah St. issue is truly lack of resources but every time ive visited my alma during homecoming ive been very happy with what i heard.

My comment or opinion comes from actually having gone to school and grown up around these bands. Ive seen them at their worst, and their best. Most of these bands have actually been consistently good over the past five years but when you have schools that dont have the resources like the swac and meac powerhouses do and even a decent schedule where they can prove themselves it makes it hard to prove a point.

However with talk of them possibly merging schools things could interest in the band dept, neva know.

Darian said:
What other showbands are there in Ga?

Natural_Beauti08 said:

yea i dir mr dequir is from new orleans and he is alumni of SU dats why he teaches drill the way he do cause dats what he knows we not trying to copy SU like alot of people think but just expect bigger and better things this year coming

if you in high school and u in terested in being apart of MRSB hit me up

Mr. Scales said:
I like albany state. They cool. If im not mistaken Mr. Dequir is the Dir. Of Bands and he is from New Orleans and he went to southern.
Do Albany State University's Band have a website?
i'm a future member of the house of funk, but i think ASu does well and is a good band but there are other bands that are slept on...and as far as ga go...there are schools imporving, ASU, FVSU and Morehouse, maybe i'm being biased, but it is what it is, however, ASU is a really nice band...they have been getting better for the last couple of years...but i am eager to see wht Mroehouse's new band director gonna do...
we dont if i knew how to make a website i would but we gonna have a facebook and twitter account soon

MelloJosh said:
i may make one this summer for ya...but depends on how busy i am

DoomsDayMello#2 said:
we dont if i knew how to make a website i would but we gonna have a facebook and twitter account soon

MelloJosh said:
not to cut in on here but Fort Valley's Band has their own website.
fvsubmmbning.com

check it out

MelloJosh said:
Morehouse got a new director???

DeMarcus K. Crews said:
i'm a future member of the house of funk, but i think ASu does well and is a good band but there are other bands that are slept on...and as far as ga go...there are schools imporving, ASU, FVSU and Morehouse, maybe i'm being biased, but it is what it is, however, ASU is a really nice band...they have been getting better for the last couple of years...but i am eager to see wht Mroehouse's new band director gonna do...
Yeah; Mr. Jones is on tour with Tyler Perry now. We still got love for Jones though, lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service