Southern Fabulous Dancing Dolls Vs Alcon Golden Girls 2018!!!

Which Squad y’all think going to win this battle? Which captain going to bring the most heat(New material)?

Views: 17685

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lawd. Power bottom tease.. lol... lmao... lol.

My 2 cents on the whole Garrett thing is basically that "mad day" has come. He didn't lie. His approach and tone may have been wrong and yes he easily could've kept it to himself but people have been making the same comment for a while now and coming from him, it struck a nerve. Along with the fact that people have been waiting for a reason to go at his neck. This is just all so petty and I'm sick of drama in this same little SU circle. The same people have been praising Garrett even as recent as a week ago and now his work is trash. If dance is what you're looking for, then yea he is trash and the other videographers focus more on the dancers. His job is to get media for the band as a whole. I feel like it's deeper than his comment. I do see his arrogance & petty moves, like uploading that Homecoming doll field show immediately when we usually get Marvin's footage first. But he is the official Jukebox videographer. So there's only so much flack you can give him for doing his job. Regardless of whatever we think some of his motives may be behind it.

Another thing I'm noticing in all this...McKinley definitely has produced some beasts with their dancers but I want them to tread lightly. Especially the Alum. Don't get bigheaded. There are still girls from McK on Dolls and some who aspire to get a shot. PLEASE don't make this messier than things already are in that organization. Not saying Garrett has an ounce of Doll pull or influence on the organization as a whole, but just how they have a rep now for being a feeder school for Dolls, they can get a messy one & have people looking to steer clear. And I was on the yard when Atlanta was feeding Dolls into the program & they took their place as SU dolls & didn't try to set themselves apart being that they were ATL girls. 

I'll leave it at that...for now! Sorry so long!

Can we not stoop to this level in the forum ? Please? Lol 


sto018 said:

Lol. I should probably unsubscribe from this thread. The whole thought of Garrett engaging in...you know the rest. Lol. Gross!

Brianni is the next pantherette everyone assumes will make the squad. I know if she doesn’t somebody is starting a riot cause they love that girl. But seeing her so far, do y’all think she has a decent chance of making it or does she need work?

YES BRI is THAT chick, she HAS that SQUAD looking BETTER than MOST collegiate squads @ they're clean AS the BOARD of health!

I love her as a dancer.  But I hate McKinleys choppy and aggressive style.  In the off season, she's very fluid and graceful.  She works VERY hard and is always in the studio.  And I love a girl that doesn't shy away from rocking her natural hair in uniform.  But the way the Pantherettes execute counts makes me CRINGE. add that to that bands sound ... Chaos. 

I'm always pretty confident in a Pantherette, but I'm also always concerned.  They can never shake that hard execution.  Taneria used to be the best Prette alum that could switch into full Doll form but thats a mess now, and I loooooove me some Jada, but she seems to be following suit in stand performance.  I want Brianni on Dolls, but it's time to look to some other squads also. 

GAPeach said:

Brianni is the next pantherette everyone assumes will make the squad. I know if she doesn’t somebody is starting a riot cause they love that girl. But seeing her so far, do y’all think she has a decent chance of making it or does she need work?

BEFORE the rankings COME OUT THIS week , IT'S McKinley IN ALL spots ,including there alumni pantherettes! THOSE other squads shouldn't SHOW for THE BATTLE
....QUEEN Dannie was there stamping edges ALONG with Tailyn !!!
..
  1. Nobody is mad at Garrett for saying they sounded bad. But as a social media director, him of all people should know better than to say things like that on Facebook in that tone. You can’t throw rocks and hide your hands.
  2. nothing about the alum seemed bigheaded. Danielle was the only person who said something. Everyone else from MCK who said something but SU attendees for the most part kept their mouths closed.
  3. Garrett’s concerns could have literally been relayed to the band director if concerned for their sound. The girls talents shouldn’t be overlooked just because the band isn’t doing well. There have plenty of times where bands have been recorded not playing at their best level and as someone else stated, that can motivate these students to do better or play better. If he loves and respects the band director he would say that.
  4. to whine about not being able to express his opinion, when he personally knows all parties involved speaks a lot about his character and his professionalism.

basically Garrett just wants the band to be the star, not the girls, and that’s his real issue. That’s why everyone hopped on him like that. He’s been saying slick things for a while now. 

We we need to stop making excuses for the lack of professionalism from the human jukebox team (sponsors, directors, etc...). It’s obviously not just a student ego thing. It’s an ego thing with him as well.

as for the Marvin thing, I can understand why they tried (and still do) block him, but I’m not excusing other things. He should’ve known better. Don’t get on Live and act surprised that you didn’t know you couldn’t say that. At some point, you have to grow up.

HeartOfADancer said:

My 2 cents on the whole Garrett thing is basically that "mad day" has come. He didn't lie. His approach and tone may have been wrong and yes he easily could've kept it to himself but people have been making the same comment for a while now and coming from him, it struck a nerve. Along with the fact that people have been waiting for a reason to go at his neck. This is just all so petty and I'm sick of drama in this same little SU circle. The same people have been praising Garrett even as recent as a week ago and now his work is trash. If dance is what you're looking for, then yea he is trash and the other videographers focus more on the dancers. His job is to get media for the band as a whole. I feel like it's deeper than his comment. I do see his arrogance & petty moves, like uploading that Homecoming doll field show immediately when we usually get Marvin's footage first. But he is the official Jukebox videographer. So there's only so much flack you can give him for doing his job. Regardless of whatever we think some of his motives may be behind it.

Another thing I'm noticing in all this...McKinley definitely has produced some beasts with their dancers but I want them to tread lightly. Especially the Alum. Don't get bigheaded. There are still girls from McK on Dolls and some who aspire to get a shot. PLEASE don't make this messier than things already are in that organization. Not saying Garrett has an ounce of Doll pull or influence on the organization as a whole, but just how they have a rep now for being a feeder school for Dolls, they can get a messy one & have people looking to steer clear. And I was on the yard when Atlanta was feeding Dolls into the program & they took their place as SU dolls & didn't try to set themselves apart being that they were ATL girls. 

I'll leave it at that...for now! Sorry so long!

Unless there's details I'm missing, this "drama" surrounding Garrett seems extra, tbh. All he said, in an off-hand comment, was that McK's band doesn't sound good (which, frankly, is true). There are definitely valid reasons for people's distaste for Garrett, but seems like folks are also using this moment to pile on any and every beef that's ever been had with him.

Even if you found his comment in poor taste, given his position and that McK is a high school, it's just kinda funny that people are using this particular moment to uplift other videographers or the dancers, as if he said anything about any of them. I get where this is coming from because of his history, but like I said...extra. LOL

As far as Brianni, it seems she might have Doll aspirations, but the Pantherette style is not a seamless transition to the Doll style. Most of the McK alum who became Dolls had some growing pains to work through (if they ever worked through them at all), and Bri would probably be no exception. But she's also a really talented dancer who's shown rapid growth, just in general. I feel like she could make that switch seamlessly.

I think that "bouncy" style of the P-Rettes is more of a stretch from her natural stuff, than not. Based on what I see on video, plus how she executed that new Doll count at the Bayou Classic, she seems like a pretty smooth and fluid dancer.

nsuking2005 said:

Unless there's details I'm missing, this "drama" surrounding Garrett seems extra, tbh. All he said, in an off-hand comment, was that McK's band doesn't sound good (which, frankly, is true). There are definitely valid reasons for people's distaste for Garrett, but seems like folks are also using this moment to pile on any and every beef that's ever been had with him.

Even if you found his comment in poor taste, given his position and that McK is a high school, it's just kinda funny that people are using this particular moment to uplift other videographers or the dancers, as if he said anything about any of them. I get where this is coming from because of his history, but like I said...extra. LOL

As far as Brianni, it seems she might have Doll aspirations, but the Pantherette style is not a seamless transition to the Doll style. Most of the McK alum who became Dolls had some growing pains to work through (if they ever worked through them at all), and Bri would probably be no exception. But she's also a really talented dancer who's shown rapid growth, just in general. I feel like she could make that switch seamlessly.

That is so true, she’s a completely different dancer in the summer.  I personally prefer her more graceful side.  Say what you want about MCK but they have produced some great dancers and several dolls.  If Bri focuses on her technique, she will make it.  She has the musicality and power down.  Her jumps and leaps get plenty of amplitude with 180 degree splits but sometimes the her feet or flexed and she cheats form.  I would love to see her as a Doll.  She reminds me of the that tall chocolate Doll from the 90’s.  I can’t recall her name right now.

JS2018 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with ALL of this.


SUarchitect said:

I love her as a dancer.  But I hate McKinleys choppy and aggressive style.  In the off season, she's very fluid and graceful.  She works VERY hard and is always in the studio.  And I love a girl that doesn't shy away from rocking her natural hair in uniform.  But the way the Pantherettes execute counts makes me CRINGE. add that to that bands sound ... Chaos. 

I'm always pretty confident in a Pantherette, but I'm also always concerned.  They can never shake that hard execution.  Taneria used to be the best Prette alum that could switch into full Doll form but thats a mess now, and I loooooove me some Jada, but she seems to be following suit in stand performance.  I want Brianni on Dolls, but it's time to look to some other squads also. 

GAPeach said:

Brianni is the next pantherette everyone assumes will make the squad. I know if she doesn’t somebody is starting a riot cause they love that girl. But seeing her so far, do y’all think she has a decent chance of making it or does she need work?

What Garrett said was highly inappropriate and unprofessional! Of course people can have there opinion but when u represent/employed by a university band in the same locale...is uncalled for.

I'm surprised he hasn't been reprimanded/suspended for this! The Human Jukebox is one of the biggest recruitment tools for the university to garner high school students

This is the problem with the organization and the leadership! If you are going to represent the organization you can't do this! It's never good for the brand. SO.... GARRETT YOU MUST EAT THE WORDS YOU CONSTANTLY SPEAK WHICH IS....NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE ORGANIZATION! THIS APPLIES TO YOU TOO!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service