Southern University Dancing Doll Try-Outs 2018!!!

Hey guys, I guess I'll get this started! lol. 

Dancing Doll tryouts are TOMORROW, Saturday, July 7th. What are some of yall's expectations, in terms of...

-Projected vets making the team

-Projected vets being cut

-Possible crab additions

-Squad size

-Captain Prediction

etc. 

Let's Talk!!

Views: 16954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All I can say is that it is going down tomorrow. I just hope we don’t have a repeat of last year!!
I want THE current 15 vets THAT are on the SQUAD, plus JACKIE YORK ONLY! I LIKE IT LIKE that.....cardi B AND HAVANA by CABELLO! #THEMOODISFESTIVE

I actually would love to see the squad return back to a certain height range that make the team look more uniform. This year was probably one of the worst in terms of height variations that I have seen since 2008.

I know SU Twitter is going to act a fool tomorrow. BTW didn’t someone start calling auditions The Doll Hunger Games? I like that name. 

1. Don’t know about any vets being cut or making the team. Last season really showed to expect the unexpected. Even though I’d love to see Kaylon, Taneria. Tailyn, and Taylor back. 

2. See number 1

3. Not sure about possible crabs besides Camryn and we’ve ran that into the ground. We’ll see tomorrow. Another possibility was Ashley from Warren Heights before she passed. Other than those two, I haven’t heard or seen of any possible ‘18 crabs. 

3. I like big squads, but only if done right in terms of everyone being together and not looking like a hot mess. Keep the same seating arrangement Dani made if possible. 

4. #Tailyn4Captin2018 but I feel like it’s gonna go to Jordan with her practically leading the squad during the off season, it’ll be a shock if she doesn’t get it. 

I like the new seating arrangement. I hope they keep it. The only new thing I flat-out dislike is the modification of the lasso sequence when they're marching; I hope they change that back. 

I need to see Jada, Melody, and Tailyn back on the team.

My preference for captain hasn't changed--a well-conditioned Tailyn, and if not her, then Melody. Jordan doesn't do it for me at all. I was hoping she'd grow on me up front but she hasn't. The calculated fierceness she constantly tries to deliver gives me Stingette. I need the Dolls to be the Dolls--yes, show us the style's versatility--but keep it Doll. However, I get the sense that Jordan's crab sisters know she wants it and they're all right with her having it. 

GAPeach said:

I know SU Twitter is going to act a fool tomorrow. BTW didn’t someone start calling auditions The Doll Hunger Games? I like that name. 

1. Don’t know about any vets being cut or making the team. Last season really showed to expect the unexpected. Even though I’d love to see Kaylon, Taneria. Tailyn, and Taylor back. 

2. See number 1

3. Not sure about possible crabs besides Camryn and we’ve ran that into the ground. We’ll see tomorrow. Another possibility was Ashley from Warren Heights before she passed. Other than those two, I haven’t heard or seen of any possible ‘18 crabs. 

3. I like big squads, but only if done right in terms of everyone being together and not looking like a hot mess. Keep the same seating arrangement Dani made if possible. 

4. #Tailyn4Captin2018 but I feel like it’s gonna go to Jordan with her practically leading the squad during the off season, it’ll be a shock if she doesn’t get it. 

I HOPE the DOLLS NEVER go BACK to that picking a CAPTAIN base upon your sorority affiliation!!!! THEY should ALWAYS be a TEAM NO MATTER WHOSE UP front representing OUR prestigious UNIVERSITY! AMEN. #especthoseapeshitneosgonewhild

I believe everyone will make it again, Jordan will be captain and the only crab I'm hopeful for is Amber from Gold N Bluez....I'm still a believer that Cam doesnt embody the doll style nor does she have the doll look...but we've seen transformations over the years so anything is possible....Good Luck to all the ladies at tryouts today!!!! 

I will forever be Team 9 Dolls, but 10 is the number I've come to accept. 

In terms of team, I don't really have much preference, but I do want them to be a taller or more similar in height.  Even though I want my Gabby to make it, she's wayyy too short. 

Jordan has put in WORK this summer, so I'm hoping she gets to lead as Captain.  

Overall, I just want a light season with a natural looking glam and lots of smiles this season. Last season, while great, was just all drama. From hair and makeup to counts. 2013 spirit, hair, and makeup with strong fieldwork and a warmer presence in the stands would be ideal for me this season. 

Oh and we need AMAZING new uniforms. We haven't gotten any since Bayou 16. 

If Jordan gets captain, you aren't going to get a warmer presence in the stands. It's going to be calculated drama and fierceness.

SUarchitect said:

Jordan has put in WORK this summer, so I'm hoping she gets to lead as Captain.  

Overall, I just want a light season with a natural looking glam and lots of smiles this season. Last season, while great, was just all drama. From hair and makeup to counts. 2013 spirit, hair, and makeup with strong fieldwork and a warmer presence in the stands. 

6:09. I'd have to find a video of how they're doing it now. I don't really have a go-to because I dislike how they've changed it. 

SUarchitect said:

Lasso sequence ?  Is there a clip? 

P.H. said:

I like the new seating arrangement. I hope they keep it. The only new thing I flat-out dislike is the modification of the lasso sequence when they're marching; I hope they change that back. 

My preference for captain hasn't changed--a well-conditioned Tailyn, and if not her, then Melody. Jordan doesn't do it for me at all. I was hoping she'd grow on me up front but she hasn't. The calculated fierceness she constantly tries to deliver gives me Stingette. I need the Dolls to be the Dolls--yes, show us the style's versatility--but keep it Doll. However, I get the sense that Jordan's crab sisters know she wants it and they're all right with her having it. 

GAPeach said:

2. See number 1

Here we go. It doesn't flow as smoothly to me; it looks disjointed.

P.H. said:

6:09. I'd have to find a video of how they're doing it now. I don't really have a go-to because I dislike how they've changed it. 

SUarchitect said:

P.H. said:

GAPeach said:

2. See number 1

Oh yes I HAAATE that she changed that. The original was flashier. 

P.H. said:

Here we go. It doesn't flow as smoothly to me; it looks disjointed.

P.H. said:

SUarchitect said:

P.H. said:

GAPeach said:

2. See number 1

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service