Southern University Dancing Dolls VS. Alcorn State University Golden Girls

This will be an GREAT Matchup for the AGES !!!   Who will win this years BATTLE----an continual from last year epic MATCHUP------Geaux Dolls and Go Golden Girls.   May the best team and band win----Good Luck !!!!

Views: 5420

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

No Bro you got your MATH all WRONG.....that was 2013 when the SQUAD was more DIVERSE !!!   Also, you're COLOR BLIND-----if you thought 2014 was blended !!!   GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT WHEN U COMING FOR THE DOLLs and talk about DIVERSITY !!!  AND still on the FARM....... 

Kimball Fitzgerald Thornton said:

Most men and spectators during a halftime performance like to see a diverse entertaining halftime performance not Ballet mix with Hip Hop. Your own followers have criticize the Dolls this year for the lack of variety in their performances, uniforms and internal troubles this year. The 2014 Dolls were much better than the 2015 Dolls. All I am saying is changing it up sometime, entertain and STOP Always trying to be cute with an attitude. Black men really do not appreciate that from Black Women on a day to day basis. Love You Ms. Roberts there are know hard feelings because at the end of the day White People and the Corporate World Really Do Not Care about African Americans as whole because we fight each other and keep our own race down without their help. Have a Great Day and Weekend.

If the Dolls are has been then why Sunny Delight, Settes, Golden Girls are not doing Superbowls and other high profile events. Why is KP and the Dolls Can You Stand The Rain still being retweeted on Twitter. The Dolls don't buck they actually dance. Those other squads lack formal training.Its obvious you prefer ghetto style of dancing like bucking.Bucking will not get in the NFL, NBA dance companies or major artists tours. Try bucking at Alvin Ailey dance company and see what would happen to you. Bucking is seen as ghetto and trashy.

To be on the real the Dolls will never ought buck the Golden Girls, JSettes and never will be as good as Golden Delight!!!! Golden Delight is the all around squad in all categories Especially Uniforms and Showmanship. The Dolls are has been these days. New Squads are replacing you. Do not get upset. The Dolls will always be the Dolls but there are new squads stealing your attention.

It is known through the years that the Dolls have been handpicked because of their looks and skin color. I know someone who attended the Southern High School on the Baton Rouge campus who Dr. Gregg was her band director before he became the director of the Human Jukebox. You had to pass the brown paper bag test. How can a school with that type of discrimination even comment on skin color and making it to major dance companies. The majority of the band members in HBCU band programs do not major in music and especially the dancers do not major in dance. Being with a one hit artist, NFL and NBA performance is very tired these days. Most of them are sleeping with the professional team or the artist. Dancing for money is not the aspiration of most black women on an HBCU dance line. Ms. Roberts you are so stuck on this a indicator of quality for your famous Dolls. Come up with another rubric as we say in the educational arena for your validity and criteria of a successful HBCU dancer or dance line. 

Now you be REAL -----all u other SQUADS need a REAL BAND like the JUKEBOX 1st before can REALLY COME for the DOLL's--------NOW U GO HAVE SEVERAL SEATS lil KIM   !!!!

To be on the real the Dolls will never ought buck the Golden Girls, JSettes and never will be as good as Golden Delight!!!! Golden Delight is the all around squad in all categories Especially Uniforms and Showmanship. The Dolls are has been these days. New Squads are replacing you. Do not get upset. The Dolls will always be the Dolls but there are new squads stealing your attention.

Sooo I've recently become a fan of the Golden Girls because of the attention they've been putting on cleaning up their routines and look but make absolutely NO mistake. They are NO match for the Dolls. Hell McKinley looks better across the field and they are IMO the Doll style high school thots

The only schools that really pattern the Dolls are the schools in Louisiana. To be exact tell your alumni stop taking your style to other schools when the become employed on the collegiate and high school levels if you want to claim your Dolls be the trend setters.

I don't understand the argument about the Dolls all the time. They're never going to change their style because their style is what makes them the Dolls. Doc knew exactly what he was doing. He picked what he liked because it was his band and he wanted a certain image for his band. Whether we agree with it or not, it worked because the Dolls are always the topic of discussion! I know plenty of darker skinned men who like light skinned women. Hell, even when I was on campus, there were people asking me about being a Doll and all I had to do was just talk to Doc! I remember speaking to Doc a couple of times about my family being band members back in the day, he wasn't listening to a word I was saying but he was just skinning and grinning! The dolls are known for their style which has become a legacy. And there are going to want to keep that legacy going, light skinned creole looking dolls included. Nah, it's not fair but that's how you keep up with tradition. The 2015 Dolls are absolutely stunning and I know they were picked based on their looks, such as how they did their hair and make-up, and poised themselves.

Man I'm a huge doll fan as much as the next but cheese n crackers, some of yall go overboard!!! If every squad danced like the dolls, it honestly would be hella boring! IMO, first and foremost, each girl on the squad is a lady and should carry herself as such and as a representative of the school, therefore I feel that excessive bucking, bending over, scrubbing the ground, and being overly sexy isn't ideal for a college but these girls do what is allowed.... soooooooo with that being said, can't we all just get along!

The dolls have nothing to do with the human jukebox, clearly go get y'all some girl that can entertain the crowd and not no hand gestures real entertainment then y'all will be help of a band, but until then it's just a band. Every other swac dance line entertains

What? The Dolls are an acclaimed and renowned feature of The Human Jukebox. This doesn't discredit or undermine their legacy. Thank you for your input and insight! 

SonicBoomProductions said:

The dolls have nothing to do with the human jukebox, clearly go get y'all some girl that can entertain the crowd and not no hand gestures real entertainment then y'all will be help of a band, but until then it's just a band. Every other swac dance line entertains

I agree. I don't get the Golden Girls appeal, which is different than saying they don't have any appeal. 

Kitty said:

Man I'm a huge doll fan as much as the next but cheese n crackers, some of yall go overboard!!! If every squad danced like the dolls, it honestly would be hella boring! IMO, first and foremost, each girl on the squad is a lady and should carry herself as such and as a representative of the school, therefore I feel that excessive bucking, bending over, scrubbing the ground, and being overly sexy isn't ideal for a college but these girls do what is allowed.... soooooooo with that being said, can't we all just get along!

Different strokes for different folks...

My statement and the reply to the skin color and discrimination shows how ignorance can be passed from one generation to next even from so called educated black professionals. Every one has there opinion and bias towards a band program and dance line. Just enjoy who you like and Enjoy life in general!!!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service