1. Northwest

2. Donaldsonville

3. West St. Mary

Big Band Division

1. Baker

2. St.Martinville

3.Scotlandville

4. Istrouma

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• most bands got what they deserved

From the "Book" review. lol . I enjoyed this battle,  first i just want to so thank Lutcher's director for putting this event together. It was GREAT!

• Baker  is always impressive.I expect great things from them. Congrats to K. Taylor and the students. you deserved your win.
    • St. Martinville was good as expected. but a few botch spots caused you to to fall short of the win.. I noticed that you all took that to heart. but As a top band in Louisiana. you all have to know that Your band is Bigger than a piece of plastic. The honorable thing to do would have been to to accept that trophy (ill  leave it at that ) 
    • Scotlandville, - This was the first time I've seen that band in a number of years. Shouts out to Conner for making that band what it's grown to be. good Field presence, nice sound... (i thought them bari's were about to start Hitting..lol)    and after the battle Yall were BLOWING in that Pocket..
    • Istrouma ....  Good band, nice sound. I honestly feel that they were better than Scotlandville. but that's just my opinion...i guess that's why Scotlandville felt the need to Blow at yall in the parking lot too..LOL!...

• Northwest - Keep up the good work, congrats on your win, you deserved it ... .
    • Donaldsonville - Major Improvements as compared to years past.  I see the band has grown in size and sound. that band is on the right path. Know to bring your A-Game at all times. Keep it up... 
    • West St. Mary    .. Nice Drum section  .. to me, they were overpowering the band.and were sometimes out of sync with the band.Hopefully you'll build that band to be a monster some day.

You don't have to take my word for it...

LUTCHER... You're Growing, You're getting better. I see the bands potential is rising  I've seen that band go from Corps to show, and the road is long, the community isn't that big. but I believe that after this kind of event. it will somehow motivate students to join the band and make it even better.. Keep up the good work.  

• Thanks Book!!! We are working hard to build our program and yes the road is long!!! But we are gettin there!!!

• I'm with u on this book I feel that istrouma had better show than scotlandville
  • Sorry i didnt see this Forum......but here are my thoughts----->Scotlandville came in third place for the BOTB. Istrouma came in 4th. Istrouma had a better show but Scotlandville executed their show more and their quality was better. was it that they were mad? i say Scotlandville took this one home. They were obviously louder and cleaner except for rumpets! Istrouma was nice also though. From what i saw Scotlandville wanted a peice of Baker not Istrouma. Istrouma took it upon themselves to get off the bus and get spanked. Baker was very impressive ofcourse. wouldve liked to see them stand up to scotlandville. St Martinville was huge but shouldve been way louder and cleaner for their size. GREAT  to all Bands! and Great job Scotlandville after the BOTB. the only criticism to yall is to clean up the trumpets. Trombones are very on point! Istrouma yall trumpets can clean it up also. Those were my thoughts!

• scotlanville wanted istrouma and istrouma wanted us
    Band Spectator said:

Sorry i didnt see this Forum......but here are my thoughts----->Scotlandville came in third place for the BOTB. Istrouma came in 4th. Istrouma had a better show but Scotlandville executed their show more and their quality was better. was it that they were mad? i say Scotlandville took this one home. They were obviously louder and cleaner except for rumpets! Istrouma was nice also though. From what i saw Scotlandville wanted a peice of Baker not Istrouma. Istrouma took it upon themselves to get off the bus and get spanked. Baker was very impressive ofcourse. wouldve liked to see them stand up to scotlandville. St Martinville was huge but shouldve been way louder and cleaner for their size. GREAT  to all Bands! and Great job Scotlandville after the BOTB. the only criticism to yall is to clean up the trumpets. Trombones are very on point! Istrouma yall trumpets can clean it up also. Those were my thoughts!

Lutcher 2011 BOTB Results
    Dancers: 1. St. Martinville 2. Northwest High School 3. Baker High School   Flags: 1. St.Martinville 2. West St. Mary 3. Northwest   Drum Major: 1. D…
  • I didn't like or agree with some of the results for this battle of the bands. I agree with the small division, drummajor, and flag line results, but other sections, I questioned.

for the dancers, I thought that Istrouma would have placed in the top three because of their cleanly done and difficult routine they performed, but they didnt. Thier performance was projected better that the three lines that won. From my view of point it should've been 1.) Northwest 2.) Istrouma 3.) toss up between Baker  and SMV

Big Band division was also a WTH?? moment. I cant question 1st and 2nd because they both deserved their placed. Baker did a Phenomenal job with their field presence and performance. They were the crowds favorites and the top performers during and after the Battle.

SMV did an awesome job too, but some spots were just daul and drilling was clashing a little. I think the bands sound is there, but needs improvement in some particular areas.

Now, I think 3rd and 4th place was somewhat a mix up. Not to discredit neither band on their performance, but I think both bands did a great job in drilling, but there is still some work that needs to be put in. Mostly with the trumpet sections. Both are not playing as a section or band on the field, seems like they were playing to be heard. teh sound wasnt too pretty at times. Now for the field presentation, I think Istrouma had a better show than Sville. The drilling from both was kinda clean, but simple. I just was more entertained by Istrouma than Sville.

Also great job to Lutcher for putting together this BOTB. You all performance was great as well, loved to Tribute w/ Lean on me.

Best wishes to all schools that participated in the battle. You all put on a great showcase for the crowd yesterday. Excellent work put in by the Band staff and students, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!.

sidenote... Where was E.E. McMain band and Sville dancers????

And I didnt like how Istrouma just left the trophy on the field. I think it was disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. Trophy for inspiration to do better.

• donaldsonville did lean on me

ObservationistheKey said:

I didn't like or agree with some of the results for this battle of the bands. I agree with the small division, drummajor, and flag line results, but other sections, I questioned.

for the dancers, I thought that Istrouma would have placed in the top three because of their cleanly done and difficult routine they performed, but they didnt. Thier performance was projected better that the three lines that won. From my view of point it should've been 1.) Northwest 2.) Istrouma 3.) toss up between Baker  and SMV

Big Band division was also a WTH?? moment. I cant question 1st and 2nd because they both deserved their placed. Baker did a Phenomenal job with their field presence and performance. They were the crowds favorites and the top performers during and after the Battle.

SMV did an awesome job too, but some spots were just daul and drilling was clashing a little. I think the bands sound is there, but needs improvement in some particular areas.

Now, I think 3rd and 4th place was somewhat a mix up. Not to discredit neither band on their performance, but I think both bands did a great job in drilling, but there is still some work that needs to be put in. Mostly with the trumpet sections. Both are not playing as a section or band on the field, seems like they were playing to be heard. teh sound wasnt too pretty at times. Now for the field presentation, I think Istrouma had a better show than Sville. The drilling from both was kinda clean, but simple. I just was more entertained by Istrouma than Sville.

Also great job to Lutcher for putting together this BOTB. You all performance was great as well, loved to Tribute w/ Lean on me.

Best wishes to all schools that participated in the battle. You all put on a great showcase for the crowd yesterday. Excellent work put in by the Band staff and students, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!.

sidenote... Where was E.E. McMain band and Sville dancers????

And I didnt like how Istrouma just left the trophy on the field. I think it was disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. Trophy for inspiration to do better.

Dancers: 1. St. Martinville 2. Northwest High School 3. Baker High School   Flags: 1. St.Martinville 2. West St. Mary 3. Northwest   Drum Major: 1. D…
  • McMaiins Princepal did not approve the trip
  • It woudnt have changed anything on the field, maybe in stands tho

Book said:
    McMaiins Princepal did not approve the trip
  • What was ST. Martinville winning streak, before losing last night. i heard 4-5yrs.
This reply was deleted.