Big Band Division

1. Baker

2. St.Martinville

3.Scotlandville

4. Istrouma

Views: 1916

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

SMH. Just because concert season dont get as much as publicity as marching band does, doesn't mean its non-existing.

This stereotype been going on for the longest. When you're from a city thats parading and celebrating for any type of event, they request for MARCHING bands. Either if its a convention, celebration, or whatever. I definitely beleive that if someone requested for a concert / festival band, thats what they will get.

Thats also your opinion. Im not saying st aug overblows. For the record nobody never mentioned st aug. Someone started talking about baker and SMU, and you came and put your 2 cents in the discussion. For the record this is my 4th yr at baker i never talked to you about nothing. If you had to see how we even make our bands what they are you would not even comment period. Everybody know about the tradition and how great st aug was. But this is a new day. Things have changed. When it come to sound marching and flash Baker SMU will give any band in the state problems. Now you can keep posting your same thoughts about what the aug was. Everybody in the world know the aug has been one of the superior groups around for years. I reapeat this is 2011. Stop talking about 20 yrs ago and even last year because baker is not the same band. Every school performs to their opponent. Just like football teams. Not once have i ever said anything about anybody period. I just do not like when people say things that you can not prove. We all have learned alot from St Aug when it comes to drilling. Things have changed and people are different now.We are not close to baby juke box nor trying to be a baby juke box. That is my school i marched 4 years. You can count on your one hand how many arrangements we play from Southern. I write all of our music to fit my band. So please do not stereotype Baker. I never said Baker was the only school making music. Nor did i say St. Aug was not making music. I said we make music and it has been proven. Stop going on the past and come see. That is all i have to say. All of you be blessed, and respect the fact that this is 2011 and not the past.
You may want to go back and re-read, St Aug was mentioned and he responded to that. I was at that 2010 battle of bands and St. Aug  to me was better than Baker, and if you go back and read what others posted after that battle most gave this same opinion. (Baker had good show, but St. Aug's was better and sounded better) Now we will see what happens in 2011. St. Aug keep doing what you are doing and keep your traditions. Why did anyone bring up  N.O. Bands when no band from N.O. was in this battle?
thanks D, i guess he MISSED the point where St.Aug was brought up thus my 1 st reply..this is my last post..

$$$# 1 if u were the BD n fall 2005 after Katrina when Baker HS accepted Katrina victims that lived in The Groom Road Trailer Park  then it was u or 1 OF ur staff  members i spoke with briefly on ur band practice field ..
after watching a practice with a former S.T.REED band student i asked about the possibility of 1 of my cousins(that was a Marching 100 member) transferring to Baker from Houston .I questioned if he'd be able to march for Baker(since the school year had already started and the band had been selected) !!

WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT SOMETHING SO MINOR TO MAKE  A POINT ???

# 2---my POST said that in 2011 St Aug would win..
again ALL u people on 1 hand keep talking about its a new era,a new day ;YET U POINT TO ST AUG "LIVING OFF PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS" !!

NOBODY FROM ST AUG OR OTHER NOLA BANDS BRING UP OTHER BANDS UNLESS ITS ABOUT A EVENT IN WHICH THEY ARE/WERE INVOLVED !

EVERY YEAR PEOPLE SHOUT THE SAME THING YET EACH YEAR ST AUG AND NOLA BANDS ARE RELEVANT !!!

NOLA BANDS DONT CARE ABOUT B.R. NOR OTHER BANDS AND YET IN A POST ABOUT THE LUTCHER BOTB IT WAS SAID THAT "''''NOT EVEN ST AUG CAN TOUCH BAKER NOR ST.MARTINVILLE IN 2011 !!

good day..good luck..continued success...B COOL
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My first yr at baker was 2008. You came on a thread that had nothing to do with st aug. If the new Orleans botb was judged then you can determine who is the best. We come to that botb for fun and money. I promise you if it was judged it would be different results. If you went to a school of course you are gonna say they the best and nobody can touch them. When the last time st aug been in any botb in la. Ok. All you guys go on is what you think. Let's get people who really know music that have degrees in music and were trained in music. Stop looking at clips and listening to people who can not tell you the first thing about balance, blend, and intonation. Let's be real about the situation.  I can argue all day that we have a superior group and anybody else can also. Nothing can be determined until there is a real competition with judges that know music and drilling. I'm not taking nothing from anybody nor their program. But right is right and wrong is wrong. I have nothing to do with any other band before me. All I can speak on is my years as a director. 2006-2008 Jackson high school. 2008- present. Baker high school. 

js619 said:
thanks D, i guess he MISSED the point where St.Aug was brought up thus my 1 st reply..this is my last post..

$$$# 1 if u were the BD n fall 2005 after Katrina when Baker HS accepted Katrina victims that lived in The Groom Road Trailer Park  then it was u or 1 OF ur staff  members i spoke with briefly on ur band practice field ..
after watching a practice with a former S.T.REED band student i asked about the possibility of 1 of my cousins(that was a Marching 100 member) transferring to Baker from Houston .I questioned if he'd be able to march for Baker(since the school year had already started and the band had been selected) !!

WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT SOMETHING SO MINOR TO MAKE  A POINT ???

# 2---my POST said that in 2011 St Aug would win..
again ALL u people on 1 hand keep talking about its a new era,a new day ;YET U POINT TO ST AUG "LIVING OFF PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS" !!

NOBODY FROM ST AUG OR OTHER NOLA BANDS BRING UP OTHER BANDS UNLESS ITS ABOUT A EVENT IN WHICH THEY ARE/WERE INVOLVED !

EVERY YEAR PEOPLE SHOUT THE SAME THING YET EACH YEAR ST AUG AND NOLA BANDS ARE RELEVANT !!!

NOLA BANDS DONT CARE ABOUT B.R. NOR OTHER BANDS AND YET IN A POST ABOUT THE LUTCHER BOTB IT WAS SAID THAT "''''NOT EVEN ST AUG CAN TOUCH BAKER NOR ST.MARTINVILLE IN 2011 !!

good day..good luck..continued success...B COOL

Wow... everybody so touchy on the "PRODUCTIVE" band program subject....

But what makes a program prductive?

Is it 1st place trophies, or superior, rating?????  i believe it is the results that is produced out of the child that creates the success. if you take a young man who was once living life the "young and dumb" way and that band programs modes him to a responsible and productive adult when he walks across that stage. That beats every plastic trophy. The trophy is for the students to experience accomplishments they can touch. not necessarily to measure height of a band program.

JUST A THOUGHT...

TO BE HONEST ABOUT THE EVENT IN LUTCHER IT WAS A NICE BATTLE OF THE BANDS. ITS WAS THE BEST ONE OF THE 2011 SEASON THAT I HAVE BEEN TO SO FAR. I THINK THAT KIDS ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR PERSONAL REASONS BETWEEN THE JUDGES AND THEIR BAND DIRECTORS. EVERY SINCE  2010 IT HAS BEEN SOME FUCKED UP JUDGING AND I STARTING BACK ALL OVER AGAIN IN 2011. PEOPLE GETS ON HERE TRYING TO COMPARE NEW ORLEANS BAND TO BATON ROUGE BANDS, LAST YEAR IN NEW ORLEANS AT THE BOTB BAKER TOOK 64 KIDS AND IMPRESSED THE WHOLE CITY. ITS A DIFFERENT STORY THIS YEAR IN BATON ROUGE MOST BAND ARE ARE MARCHING AT LEAST 84 ON THE FIELD. YALL RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING ST. AUG HAD TO SAVE THE CITY AT THE BOTB LAST YEAR BECAUSE NO ONE CAME CLOSE TO BAKER ON THE FIELD. I KNOW SOME HAS THE FOOTAGE AFTER THE BOTB WHEN BAKER STOOD FACE TO FACE WITH WALKER. I WAS STANDING RIGHT BY THE BUSES WHEN THE BATTLE STARTED. I GIVE WALKER AND MCMAIN CREDIT THEY DID AT LEAST SHOW UP TO SU BOTB LAST YEAR. THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL BAND ON THE FIELD IS ST. MARTINVILLE HIGH AND THE MOST BALANCED AND CLEANEST BAND I HAVE SEEN THIS YEAR IS BAKER. FOR THE RECORD ST. MARTINVILLE HAS ONLY LOST 2 BOTB IN THE LAST 5 YEARS. HE LOST ONE TO NATHAN HAYMER  WHEN NATE  WAS AT WASHINGTON MARION AND LOST TO BAKER THIS WEEKEND (DUE TO POOR JUDGING). I HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR BOTH BAKER AND ST. MARTNIVILLE DIRECTORS. THEY WILL GET A CHANCE TO BATTLE AGAIN AT ISTROUMA HIGH SCHOOL RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE ON NOVEMBER 12.  ONE MORE THING WHERE THE HELL YOU HAVE HEARD JUDGES GIVE BANDS 2.3 SCORES AT A FUCKING BOTB. ITS A 1,2,3, OR 4. MOST PEOPLE JUST WANNA OVERLOOK THE FUCKERY THAT GOES ON IN BAND WORLD BUT IT IS WHAT THE FUCK IT IS.

I said the same thing about dat 2.656-1/2 point scoring. its really a interesting concept to me. AND when you recieve scores with erase markings on them.... Kinda makes you wonder with rasied eyebrows. "To each their own"

RICKEY WATKINS said:

TO BE HONEST ABOUT THE EVENT IN LUTCHER IT WAS A NICE BATTLE OF THE BANDS. ITS WAS THE BEST ONE OF THE 2011 SEASON THAT I HAVE BEEN TO SO FAR. I THINK THAT KIDS ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR PERSONAL REASONS BETWEEN THE JUDGES AND THEIR BAND DIRECTORS. EVERY SINCE  2010 IT HAS BEEN SOME FUCKED UP JUDGING AND I STARTING BACK ALL OVER AGAIN IN 2011. PEOPLE GETS ON HERE TRYING TO COMPARE NEW ORLEANS BAND TO BATON ROUGE BANDS, LAST YEAR IN NEW ORLEANS AT THE BOTB BAKER TOOK 64 KIDS AND IMPRESSED THE WHOLE CITY. ITS A DIFFERENT STORY THIS YEAR IN BATON ROUGE MOST BAND ARE ARE MARCHING AT LEAST 84 ON THE FIELD. YALL RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING ST. AUG HAD TO SAVE THE CITY AT THE BOTB LAST YEAR BECAUSE NO ONE CAME CLOSE TO BAKER ON THE FIELD. I KNOW SOME HAS THE FOOTAGE AFTER THE BOTB WHEN BAKER STOOD FACE TO FACE WITH WALKER. I WAS STANDING RIGHT BY THE BUSES WHEN THE BATTLE STARTED. I GIVE WALKER AND MCMAIN CREDIT THEY DID AT LEAST SHOW UP TO SU BOTB LAST YEAR. THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL BAND ON THE FIELD IS ST. MARTINVILLE HIGH AND THE MOST BALANCED AND CLEANEST BAND I HAVE SEEN THIS YEAR IS BAKER. FOR THE RECORD ST. MARTINVILLE HAS ONLY LOST 2 BOTB IN THE LAST 5 YEARS. HE LOST ONE TO NATHAN HAYMER  WHEN NATE  WAS AT WASHINGTON MARION AND LOST TO BAKER THIS WEEKEND (DUE TO POOR JUDGING). I HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR BOTH BAKER AND ST. MARTNIVILLE DIRECTORS. THEY WILL GET A CHANCE TO BATTLE AGAIN AT ISTROUMA HIGH SCHOOL RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE ON NOVEMBER 12.  ONE MORE THING WHERE THE HELL YOU HAVE HEARD JUDGES GIVE BANDS 2.3 SCORES AT A FUCKING BOTB. ITS A 1,2,3, OR 4. MOST PEOPLE JUST WANNA OVERLOOK THE FUCKERY THAT GOES ON IN BAND WORLD BUT IT IS WHAT THE FUCK IT IS.

And, he is still missing the point, once a thread is posted it's for all to view, js and myself wanted to see the BOTB Results and while viewing St. Aug, who  was not in the battle was mentioned and we responded - no big deal- everyone has a right to their opinon(s) and to respond. You mentioned that js came on thread that had nothing to do with St. Aug, but yet they are mentioned along with other N.O. Bands, WHY? And by the way I did not go to St. Aug.

I'm done have nice day.

i guess this is over now...

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service