Status of 2013-2014 AAMU Band and SWAC Bands

Two of my favorite things to do are to watch Football games and Listen to band music with that said, what do you think AAMU band will sound like and look like (with the new director) and just the SWAC in general.........TURN UP!

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know im late, but who is the new director?

• Carlton Wright, he is an alumni, and last directed for some high school bands in the Birmingham area, I'm really interested in seeing the size of aamu since, word is the alumni are pleased ....... I'm hoping 200 cuz if aamu gets more numbers all hell will break loose!!
  • I agree! Only a little over a month before the first game! 

• Cool, AAMU has always had a great sound and descent song selection. I expect great things from them

• I cannot wait to see what this season bring for my alma mater. "LONG LIVE THY FAME"

GO BULLDOGS!!!

• MMW ..... one time!, but laying all jokes aside if they do March with 200 to 230, SWAC watch out and we know the classic this year gone be turnt all the way up, I gotta feeling new and great things are gone happen
  • Hopefully I can see yall in SC

This would be my first time seeing a SWAC band in person.

• That would be a good look. The AAMU President is from SCSU so I'm sure he would want us to show up and show out. I will be shocked if AAMU don't travel we usually travel to most away games.

TJSC said:

Hopefully I can see yall in SC

Two of my favorite things to do are to watch Football games and Listen to band music with that said, what do you think AAMU band will sound like and…
  • I also heard one of our assistants from the SCSU Marching 101 will be on staff with AAMU's band.  He used to be one of the Marching 101's DMs before graduating a few years back I believe in 09 or 10 before becoming an assistant. So it seems  SCSU and AAMU will have more in common than just our former president Dr. Hugine.

J_AAMU said:

That would be a good look. The AAMU President is from SCSU so I'm sure he would want us to show up and show out. I will be shocked if AAMU don't travel we usually travel to most away games.

TJSC said:

Hopefully I can see yall in SC

Two of my favorite things to do are to watch Football games and Listen to band music with that said, what do you think AAMU band will sound like and…
  • If you ask me one of the more underrated games this year is AAMU and SCSU it may be explosive (AAMU please crank up "We in this B"), besides that im looking forward to the most underrated battle in the SWAC when it happens and if they come which is, AAMU vs JSU, lot of people don't see it but they are definitely two of the top 4 bands in the SWAC along with Southern and Alabama State, order doesn't matter because all 4 of them have different styles however each have their own distinguished section, but AAMU vs JSU should happen two bands on the serious come up because of tradition and growth.......... 

This reply was deleted.