Stingettes are holding their auditions in June of this year. Who do you want to see leading next season? What do you want to see from the Stingettes next season? Let’s discuss RESPECTFULLY down below. PS, how do you feel about Janae being left out of the promo video? 

Views: 30750

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

This is all accurate!  

P.H. said:

Arguably, many people say the Stingette style, especially in its infancy, is merely a blend of the Dolls' and J-settes' styles; however, the evolution of the Stingettes' style, with its sensual and saucy staples, is being incorporated in the Dolls' and J-settes' styles within the past few years. This is a highly subjective discussion and perspective. People made this claim about Asia, and she's arguably their most noteworthy captain, to date. 

StingetteFan said:

I was at the game and they all looked awkward minus Amari. During basketball season, I look for growth and some girls haven’t grown. They haven’t mastered the Stingette style. No shade, but Janae hasn’t mastered the Stingette style. Look at past Stingette videos and compare to present day. The Stingette tradition is fading. It’s okay to EVOLVE, but stick to the tradition. I’m glad that auditions will be held in June. This upcoming season is going to shake a lot of people up. As for captain, I don’t see it for anyone. Dr. O and the coordinator.... I wouldn’t even be surprised if they pulled a crab-to-captain situation....again. 

Hmmm. I don’t get the whole Doll reject thing. These are high school girls that wanted to continue dancing on a collegiate level. Both of the young ladies had already applied to both Alabama State and Southern, so it was always an option. It’s no different than applying to multiple colleges.
I’m glad they tried out for the Stingettes because, it’s a perfect fit.

Well said!!!!

Truth_Serum said:

Hmmm. I don’t get the whole Doll reject thing. These are high school girls that wanted to continue dancing on a collegiate level. Both of the young ladies had already applied to both Alabama State and Southern, so it was always an option. It’s no different than applying to multiple colleges.

Nyah's awkwardness is in the presentation to me, which doesn't diminish her abilities nor talent, though. I don't get her yet. I agree with Mehgan, she does remind me a bit of Asia as a rookie in 2012. Asia in 2013 was characteristically a different performer; Nyah will have her journey as well.   

Kane Yasuo Meyers said:

I agree that Nyah definitely looks slightly awkward at times. It's mostly during the bucking counts. 

Mehgan James said:

Hey boo!!!!! All of the girls have a lot of potential. 19 is the best crab class since 14, so I really don’t get all of “they don’t possess the Stingette style”..... We really know that it’s code word for not liking Janae and grouping her crabs into that. 19 alone, will clear 18. LETS BE CLEAR. As for Nyah, she gives me Asia Martin. She was awkward leading, but with time that will fade. There’s a lot of changes happening with that program chile, so there may be a few changes.  *inserts side eye*. And for someone to say Kay should return, CHILE GO AWAY. Just stop. Lmao 

justDANCE said:

Hey boos!! I do see yall point, I think a 2nd year for both will allow them more time to become polished in their respective areas because honestly they have ALOT and I mean ALOT of potential. I loved Brianni's count selection and attitude, she will become more refined next year I can see it. Nyah possess great quality on the sensual side of the Stingettes, I am curious to see how she fares off on up tempos more, she also performed pretty good at the ASU Connection day based on the vids I've seen. 

Now is it true that there is a new band director at ASU? 

Mehgan James said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say it. But at times, she’s does look very awkward. And Brianni was a bit wild, but I still think they did great!! 

P.H. said:

Nyah has been awkward to me, even as a Starlette. A talented young woman, but she presents as a little sister in big sister's clothing if that makes any sense. Fortunately, she's only a freshman, and if she chooses to continue with the Stingettes, she can take her time and naturally become more of herself as a dancer and performer.

Sugamama said:

You thought Nyah was awkward?  I thought she was great.  I agree with the rest of your sentiments.  

P.H. said:

Based on the videos of the girls leading in Janae's stead, the highlights were Amari, Daija, Alexus, and Charleese for me. Brianni has it; however, when she led, she was trying to deliver slay instead of just giving doing it, which is the primary disqualifier for Milagros for me. Brianni has the confidence and power, but when she doesn't take her time and let it organically flow, it's rushed. I wasn't convinced with her leading, which is disappointing because she's been killing it behind Janae, especially during the basketball season. 

Nyah is awkward. I can't tell if she's incredibly versatile, or if, as a dancer, she just doesn't have any identity. It always looks forced with her to me. I think Brianni and Nyah need more time conditioning and evolving within the style.

I agree. Thank you! I hope this will kill that narrative. We see this throughout life, socially and professionally. I'm sure it wasn't the first nor will it be the last time they've received a NO with one option, and they decided to pursue another option, which resulted in a YES. Everything happens for a reason. I believe they're where they belong. 

Mehgan James said:

Well said!!!!

Truth_Serum said:

Chile, I will have to agree to disagree on that front, but leadership just squashed all that anyway. If you don't make dolls you gotta wait for next year to try for the Stings. So, Gold NBluez auditions gone be more lit! I'm liking that team more than the Dolls lately.

Same! Gold NBluez has been more entertaining to me for some reason! Also I am a little nervous about 18 being captain! I feel like they gonna pick all the 18 girls to be on the team next season!! lol Since Janae won't having that shit this season! lol

Brittany said:

Chile, I will have to agree to disagree on that front, but leadership just squashed all that anyway. If you don't make dolls you gotta wait for next year to try for the Stings. So, Gold NBluez auditions gone be more lit! I'm liking that team more than the Dolls lately.

And that would be tragic. Maybe Jada D as the only one from 18 that returns, but everyone else, no no no. 

TheStandJudge said:

Same! Gold NBluez has been more entertaining to me for some reason! Also I am a little nervous about 18 being captain! I feel like they gonna pick all the 18 girls to be on the team next season!! lol Since Janae won't having that shit this season! lol

Brittany said:

I'm nervous about the whole season honestly, but they chose not to come back because she got captain. Now that she's gone, they will all be at auditions. Whatever problems they had with her, that's their business. If they want to try out again, go for it, but captain? I don't see it for none of em!

TheStandJudge said:

Brittany said:

Looking at all the videos Im most impressed with Amari! She was really good leading.

Now that's tea!!!! I had no idea about that!!!! Damn Janae really had these girls pressed huh??? Well it worked out for the best cause we got all of 19 and how great they are. Also yes Amari has my attention so much during basketball season . I'm nervous as well I just hope next captain carries on the momentum of Janae season! It's gonna be hard for the next captain!!

Brittany said:

I'm nervous about the whole season honestly, but they chose not to come back because she got captain. Now that she's gone, they will all be at auditions. Whatever problems they had with her, that's their business. If they want to try out again, go for it, but captain? I don't see it for none of em!

TheStandJudge said:

Brittany said:

She was but sadly she's graduating. I wonder what kept her from making the team in the past.

Mika Smith said:

Looking at all the videos Im most impressed with Amari! She was really good leading.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service