Stingettes are holding their auditions in June of this year. Who do you want to see leading next season? What do you want to see from the Stingettes next season? Let’s discuss RESPECTFULLY down below. PS, how do you feel about Janae being left out of the promo video? 

Views: 30756

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

This is what I miss. Just them hitting the moves. They now dance way to soft and where is the confidence? I almost miss Bridget. 

If not Jada then the other Kay girl need to return.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjaiaGZhRVO/?igshid=bzbwt894l9s1

None of the girls need to go from crab to captain next season. It just this simple you can't be a stingette captain when you don't dance or have the essence of a stingette. I'm not here for 18 but they look and dance more like stings than anybody from 19 especially Milagros. She gave you sting from her first year and Briana her first-year basketball season. Nyah can't buck, you cannot be a stingette and not be able to buck. Brianni still has some dollism within her movement. Daija just decided to show out when she lead and that is inconsistent. Zaria, Charlesse and Courtney are blenders. If you actually watch them you can see that they all do the counts different from one another. Nyah and Lovejoy do certain counts awkwardly. Majority of the girls are trying to be dramatic with the counts. There have been a few girls in the SWAC where that works for Asia, Stamper, Janae and Jordan. It came natural to those girls it wasn't forced. Daija hands down lead the best that night. It's not up for debate. The girls may be studying videos but they need to ask past stingettes for help on how to do these counts properly. I understand the drama going behind the scenes have affected the way that they are as stingettes but they need some help.

So what is 18 upset about?

Molly said:

Ok so after seeing them in person and then going back and watching the videos I can see why everyone feel how they feel. Ps the girls do read the YouTube comments and do take some of yalls constructive criticism and work on what y’all may suggested (i know this for a fact) and they do study past videos. The only negative thing I can say is I hope the comments don’t hype the girls too much and what I mean by that is I hope they dont lose their humbleness or start thinking their too good or way better then their cs. I seen this happen a couple of times in this organization. Especially around this time when we get to see everyone lead. This is around the time so called fans get to pinning the girls against each other and I hope they don’t fall for that bait. They already got the 18’ girls piss at the 19

Hey boo!!!!! All of the girls have a lot of potential. 19 is the best crab class since 14, so I really don’t get all of “they don’t possess the Stingette style”..... We really know that it’s code word for not liking Janae and grouping her crabs into that. 19 alone, will clear 18. LETS BE CLEAR. As for Nyah, she gives me Asia Martin. She was awkward leading, but with time that will fade. There’s a lot of changes happening with that program chile, so there may be a few changes.  *inserts side eye*. And for someone to say Kay should return, CHILE GO AWAY. Just stop. Lmao 

justDANCE said:

Hey boos!! I do see yall point, I think a 2nd year for both will allow them more time to become polished in their respective areas because honestly they have ALOT and I mean ALOT of potential. I loved Brianni's count selection and attitude, she will become more refined next year I can see it. Nyah possess great quality on the sensual side of the Stingettes, I am curious to see how she fares off on up tempos more, she also performed pretty good at the ASU Connection day based on the vids I've seen. 

Now is it true that there is a new band director at ASU? 

Mehgan James said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say it. But at times, she’s does look very awkward. And Brianni was a bit wild, but I still think they did great!! 

P.H. said:

Nyah has been awkward to me, even as a Starlette. A talented young woman, but she presents as a little sister in big sister's clothing if that makes any sense. Fortunately, she's only a freshman, and if she chooses to continue with the Stingettes, she can take her time and naturally become more of herself as a dancer and performer.

Sugamama said:

You thought Nyah was awkward?  I thought she was great.  I agree with the rest of your sentiments.  

P.H. said:

Based on the videos of the girls leading in Janae's stead, the highlights were Amari, Daija, Alexus, and Charleese for me. Brianni has it; however, when she led, she was trying to deliver slay instead of just giving doing it, which is the primary disqualifier for Milagros for me. Brianni has the confidence and power, but when she doesn't take her time and let it organically flow, it's rushed. I wasn't convinced with her leading, which is disappointing because she's been killing it behind Janae, especially during the basketball season. 

Nyah is awkward. I can't tell if she's incredibly versatile, or if, as a dancer, she just doesn't have any identity. It always looks forced with her to me. I think Brianni and Nyah need more time conditioning and evolving within the style.

Once again I was there Saturday for connection day and the game and I still think they did good, Zara and Charleese did they thing for connection day they did not come to play I feel like they was the highlight for me for that event and bri 18 and milly did what they had to do at the game, bri 18 letting it be known she coming for blood...basically 19 had fun last night you can see their personalities coming out a little and it was a joy to see. 

Them girls danced like a group of lucky 7 picks. Like they want to be Stingettes but haven't made the team yet.

I just watched Daija and her count selection was great but there was no discipline precision in her movements. Same with Brianni. Its not just a diss to Janae but Courtney too. Like where is the pride in being a Stingette?

This is the Kay girl. Now she needed work as a lead, but she was working with something. I just dont see it for these girls.

https://youtu.be/T01MobM40o8

Look at how she hit that first single count. Who is coming close?

https://youtu.be/ex7_IE7SuFE

Mika Smith said:

Them girls danced like a group of lucky 7 picks. Like they want to be Stingettes but haven't made the team yet.

I just watched Daija and her count selection was great but there was no discipline precision in her movements. Same with Brianni. Its not just a diss to Janae but Courtney too. Like where is the pride in being a Stingette?

This is the Kay girl. Now she needed work as a lead, but she was working with something. I just dont see it for these girls.

https://youtu.be/T01MobM40o8

Look at Jada kill this count.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9P8Y9EgZ8t/?igshid=avon77m8tux2

I cant believe people are so easily impressed by what they are seeing now and willing to throw the uniqueness of the Stingettes down the drain because of who they like personally. Thats weird to me.

I agree that Nyah definitely looks slightly awkward at times. It's mostly during the bucking counts. 

Mehgan James said:

Hey boo!!!!! All of the girls have a lot of potential. 19 is the best crab class since 14, so I really don’t get all of “they don’t possess the Stingette style”..... We really know that it’s code word for not liking Janae and grouping her crabs into that. 19 alone, will clear 18. LETS BE CLEAR. As for Nyah, she gives me Asia Martin. She was awkward leading, but with time that will fade. There’s a lot of changes happening with that program chile, so there may be a few changes.  *inserts side eye*. And for someone to say Kay should return, CHILE GO AWAY. Just stop. Lmao 

justDANCE said:

Hey boos!! I do see yall point, I think a 2nd year for both will allow them more time to become polished in their respective areas because honestly they have ALOT and I mean ALOT of potential. I loved Brianni's count selection and attitude, she will become more refined next year I can see it. Nyah possess great quality on the sensual side of the Stingettes, I am curious to see how she fares off on up tempos more, she also performed pretty good at the ASU Connection day based on the vids I've seen. 

Now is it true that there is a new band director at ASU? 

Mehgan James said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say it. But at times, she’s does look very awkward. And Brianni was a bit wild, but I still think they did great!! 

P.H. said:

Nyah has been awkward to me, even as a Starlette. A talented young woman, but she presents as a little sister in big sister's clothing if that makes any sense. Fortunately, she's only a freshman, and if she chooses to continue with the Stingettes, she can take her time and naturally become more of herself as a dancer and performer.

Sugamama said:

You thought Nyah was awkward?  I thought she was great.  I agree with the rest of your sentiments.  

P.H. said:

Based on the videos of the girls leading in Janae's stead, the highlights were Amari, Daija, Alexus, and Charleese for me. Brianni has it; however, when she led, she was trying to deliver slay instead of just giving doing it, which is the primary disqualifier for Milagros for me. Brianni has the confidence and power, but when she doesn't take her time and let it organically flow, it's rushed. I wasn't convinced with her leading, which is disappointing because she's been killing it behind Janae, especially during the basketball season. 

Nyah is awkward. I can't tell if she's incredibly versatile, or if, as a dancer, she just doesn't have any identity. It always looks forced with her to me. I think Brianni and Nyah need more time conditioning and evolving within the style.

Charleese shocked me!!! I had to make sure it was her leading, lol!!!!!!

Molly said:

Once again I was there Saturday for connection day and the game and I still think they did good, Zara and Charleese did they thing for connection day they did not come to play I feel like they was the highlight for me for that event and bri 18 and milly did what they had to do at the game, bri 18 letting it be known she coming for blood...basically 19 had fun last night you can see their personalities coming out a little and it was a joy to see. 

I love that they are having tryouts early because I am sick of dancers coming to the Stings after not making Dolls. The Stings are not a backup plan, so nip that right on on the bud. I want a drama-free and consistent season in the stands and on the field. JANAE had a great season, Stingettes as a whole just weren't there. I need the whole squad to be on one accord next season. Not here for Briana or Milagros as captains, they just don't give me what I need up front. Brianni was wild in that video where she led so I'm going to have to go with Nyah. Other than her back flexibility, she was perfect. They are also the only two who have experience leading a squad.  

Oh, AND I WANT A DAMN GLIDE!!!!! I can't believe Janae didn't give me a sickening glide during any entrance or exit. I'm talking full glide with the thigh SMACK, turn, and sidestep!! Stingettes out here letting these other squads out smack them. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service