Stingettes are holding their auditions in June of this year. Who do you want to see leading next season? What do you want to see from the Stingettes next season? Let’s discuss RESPECTFULLY down below. PS, how do you feel about Janae being left out of the promo video? 

Views: 30793

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I was at the game and they all looked awkward minus Amari. During basketball season, I look for growth and some girls haven’t grown. They haven’t mastered the Stingette style. No shade, but Janae hasn’t mastered the Stingette style. Look at past Stingette videos and compare to present day. The Stingette tradition is fading. It’s okay to EVOLVE, but stick to the tradition. I’m glad that auditions will be held in June. This upcoming season is going to shake a lot of people up. As for captain, I don’t see it for anyone. Dr. O and the coordinator.... I wouldn’t even be surprised if they pulled a crab-to-captain situation....again. 

All of the girls looked PHENOMENAL. I know there are some who wanted certain UP to be captain, but it won’t happen. I wouldn’t mind seeing one of the crabs get the top spot, if Milagros doesn’t get it. Let’s be clear, JANAE TRAINED SOME BEAST. She has girls who will take the team to the next level. Idk how I feel about someone who watched from the sidelines; being over them. I’ll keep it cute for now. I will say, Daija shocked the hell out of me lol

I think the girls looked great!! Some stronger than others but hey always room to grow. Daija really shocked me!! I think I watched her video 4 times I was really impressed. Brianni belongs up front but I do agree she needs to get use to the style a little more. Nya did great as well and Amari is just a joy to watch and I really wish she could be on the team again but I know she is graduating. As for captain?? I just don't see it for anyone right now . The crabs need another year in my opinion. Bri and milagros just not ready and to me personally don't have that IT factor. Also is it confirmed Courtney is officially done???
  • The last one you mentioned, is DONE. As IT SHOULD BE. 

TheStandJudge said:
I think the girls looked great!! Some stronger than others but hey always room to grow. Daija really shocked me!! I think I watched her video 4 times I was really impressed. Brianni belongs up front but I do agree she needs to get use to the style a little more. Nya did great as well and Amari is just a joy to watch and I really wish she could be on the team again but I know she is graduating. As for captain?? I just don't see it for anyone right now . The crabs need another year in my opinion. Bri and milagros just not ready and to me personally don't have that IT factor. Also is it confirmed Courtney is officially done???

Sooo I seen them too, and I wouldn’t say they was awkward but as I said before they can use some work. There is also some bs (as we all know dr.o love to let the girls know who runs it) going on behind the scenes and at this point the girls are just trying to stay in good graces to make sure they are even asked to come back and tryout for next season. As far as stingette traditions be in for a rude awakening because the girls are only gone be allowed to do so much until o is gone. And honestly a lot of the dance lines (at least the big 3 in swac) traditions are starting to fade and that’s because hbcu bands are starting to get that mainstream look and that’s where a lot of them are finding their money. For example dr o takes pride in the honey beez because that was his idea that’s part of his legacy and for them to be part of a Nike campaign is a good look for the band as a whole and Nike made a donation to the whole band just because of the honey beez. Also when they played Florida state not only did the schools football program got paid but because they brought the band the band got an extra couple thousand outta of it. That’s why he didn’t really want the girls throwing certain stands at that game. Same thing goes for a lot of the hbcu bands they are now looking for that mainstream money. So yes certain traditions for bands are/will fade. Not saying it’s right but at this point it’s a business. 

StingetteFan said:

I was at the game and they all looked awkward minus Amari. During basketball season, I look for growth and some girls haven’t grown. They haven’t mastered the Stingette style. No shade, but Janae hasn’t mastered the Stingette style. Look at past Stingette videos and compare to present day. The Stingette tradition is fading. It’s okay to EVOLVE, but stick to the tradition. I’m glad that auditions will be held in June. This upcoming season is going to shake a lot of people up. As for captain, I don’t see it for anyone. Dr. O and the coordinator.... I wouldn’t even be surprised if they pulled a crab-to-captain situation....again. 

Ok so after seeing them in person and then going back and watching the videos I can see why everyone feel how they feel. Ps the girls do read the YouTube comments and do take some of yalls constructive criticism and work on what y’all may suggested (i know this for a fact) and they do study past videos. The only negative thing I can say is I hope the comments don’t hype the girls too much and what I mean by that is I hope they dont lose their humbleness or start thinking their too good or way better then their cs. I seen this happen a couple of times in this organization. Especially around this time when we get to see everyone lead. This is around the time so called fans get to pinning the girls against each other and I hope they don’t fall for that bait. They already got the 18’ girls piss at the 19

Nyah has been awkward to me, even as a Starlette. A talented young woman, but she presents as a little sister in big sister's clothing if that makes any sense. Fortunately, she's only a freshman, and if she chooses to continue with the Stingettes, she can take her time and naturally become more of herself as a dancer and performer.

Sugamama said:

You thought Nyah was awkward?  I thought she was great.  I agree with the rest of your sentiments.  

P.H. said:

Based on the videos of the girls leading in Janae's stead, the highlights were Amari, Daija, Alexus, and Charleese for me. Brianni has it; however, when she led, she was trying to deliver slay instead of just giving doing it, which is the primary disqualifier for Milagros for me. Brianni has the confidence and power, but when she doesn't take her time and let it organically flow, it's rushed. I wasn't convinced with her leading, which is disappointing because she's been killing it behind Janae, especially during the basketball season. 

Nyah is awkward. I can't tell if she's incredibly versatile, or if, as a dancer, she just doesn't have any identity. It always looks forced with her to me. I think Brianni and Nyah need more time conditioning and evolving within the style.

Arguably, many people say the Stingette style, especially in its infancy, is merely a blend of the Dolls' and J-settes' styles; however, the evolution of the Stingettes' style, with its sensual and saucy staples, is being incorporated in the Dolls' and J-settes' styles within the past few years. This is a highly subjective discussion and perspective. People made this claim about Asia, and she's arguably their most noteworthy captain, to date. 

StingetteFan said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say it. But at times, she’s does look very awkward. And Brianni was a bit wild, but I still think they did great!! 

P.H. said:

Nyah has been awkward to me, even as a Starlette. A talented young woman, but she presents as a little sister in big sister's clothing if that makes any sense. Fortunately, she's only a freshman, and if she chooses to continue with the Stingettes, she can take her time and naturally become more of herself as a dancer and performer.

Sugamama said:

You thought Nyah was awkward?  I thought she was great.  I agree with the rest of your sentiments.  

P.H. said:

Based on the videos of the girls leading in Janae's stead, the highlights were Amari, Daija, Alexus, and Charleese for me. Brianni has it; however, when she led, she was trying to deliver slay instead of just giving doing it, which is the primary disqualifier for Milagros for me. Brianni has the confidence and power, but when she doesn't take her time and let it organically flow, it's rushed. I wasn't convinced with her leading, which is disappointing because she's been killing it behind Janae, especially during the basketball season. 

Nyah is awkward. I can't tell if she's incredibly versatile, or if, as a dancer, she just doesn't have any identity. It always looks forced with her to me. I think Brianni and Nyah need more time conditioning and evolving within the style.

Hey boos!! I do see yall point, I think a 2nd year for both will allow them more time to become polished in their respective areas because honestly they have ALOT and I mean ALOT of potential. I loved Brianni's count selection and attitude, she will become more refined next year I can see it. Nyah possess great quality on the sensual side of the Stingettes, I am curious to see how she fares off on up tempos more, she also performed pretty good at the ASU Connection day based on the vids I've seen. 

Now is it true that there is a new band director at ASU? 

Mehgan James said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say it. But at times, she’s does look very awkward. And Brianni was a bit wild, but I still think they did great!! 

P.H. said:

Sugamama said:

P.H. said:

THIS is what Ive been saying ALL season. None of these girls, including Janae, have that signature Stingette stamp. The tradition is definitely fading, which is sad.

I really wish Jada could get that spot. Its darn near sad to think about her not returning because she is like the last to really have the style down. She danced alongside of Asia and Tey for a reason and I think she could position the other girls better so they will be able to lead in the future.  

StingetteFan said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service