Replies

• Listen Micah wasn't bad. She just didn't have a moment or really stood out as Captain to me. I think they had a good season like always. Tbh things got better during the 50th. The girls always so beautiful. I just think when you do the same things little things help. I would of loved to have seen two new hairstyles and I'm glad they gave us the bun back. I would of loved more uniforms we haven't seen. Stuff like that helps. 

• Hi guys, not sure who Eric is, but I am not Eric. This however is my video. I don’t know what is going on here, but I post my own content. I only have one font on BH. I’m confused as to why someone would make a thread as this has already been posted. At least shout me out for my work if you’re going to do this. Eric, please advise on your intent here. 

• Maybe Eric is a FAN but let's site our Sources please or a Disclaimer!!

Be Objective said:

Hi guys, not sure who Eric is, but I am not Eric. This however is my video. I don’t know what is going on here, but I post my own content. I only have one font on BH. I’m confused as to why someone would make a thread as this has already been posted. At least shout me out for my work if you’re going to do this. Eric, please advise on your intent here. 

Southern University Fabulous Dancing Dolls Highlights
  • Im proud of the dolls. This was a solid season, could have  been better. But homecoming spiced things up! Cant wait to see what next year has in store!

• I really think Micah did a great job. I hate to say this, but the music was lackluster compared to 2017. I think this hindered Micah from knocking it out the park. She and her team had the new counts and the bomb fieldshows, in spite of. 

In some cases, I did see Akai give Micah orders, so this could have “watered down” Micah’s reign, as well. If this is true, then I would love to understand Akai’s reasoning. Since 2016, the Dolls have been IT, but after 2017, they’ve kinda hit a plateau. 

• This year was NOT it in my opinion. I was bored to death in almost every aspect except for homecoming. I’m interested in seeing Marvin’s top 10 doll moments because I don’t think there are that many unless half of them are Jada tailing. Goodbye ‘16. We appreciate your work and what you’ve given, but time’s up. ‘17 me please. Oh btw, did we get a heel stretch at any point this season? 

• There was no intent here. It was an oversight on my part, that's all, nothing more, not less.

Be Objective said:

Hi guys, not sure who Eric is, but I am not Eric. This however is my video. I don’t know what is going on here, but I post my own content. I only have one font on BH. I’m confused as to why someone would make a thread as this has already been posted. At least shout me out for my work if you’re going to do this. Eric, please advise on your intent here. 

• Respect! I don’t mind you starting a discussion at all, just wanted to know what was up. If you watched my video, thanks and I look forward to conversing more about the season. Please accept my apology for any confusion. 

Eric said:

There was no intent here. It was an oversight on my part, that's all, nothing more, not less.

Be Objective said:

• This was just a season. Not bad, not good. Just...there. While I didn't actively dislike most anything they did, none of the original fieldshows (aside from Homecoming) excited me and neither did any of the stands Micah led. The only excitement I really got was from Homecoming and from Jada & Kaylon leading at Bayou. Charisma is a natural quality that can't be taught or bought, and Micah really is an example that a consistently strong dancer doesn't always make for the most compelling presence upfront.

I also really want them to go back to the drawing board with these uniforms. We saw from Homecoming that the Dolls absolutely have access to still being at the top of the pack when it comes to uniforms, so it flat-out baffles me that they just actively choose mediocrity...especially when it's no secret that they have the budget to do better by these young women.

Hoping that the Dolls can work their way back up to the top of the pack next season because they've let themselves be surpassed (and in a couple of cases, eclipsed) by a few too many groups over the last few seasons. They have the talent and resources for it. And I have full confidence in the abilities of both Jada and Kaylon as leaders. All the pieces are there for a great 2020 season...they just have a lot changes to make.

That said, I also do agree that the music is at least a small factor. Taylor is a good overall BD, but he's not quite as good at developing a strong book as Greggs, Jackson or Haymer were. And I honestly didn't like any of the song choices for the Dolls' original routines this year (and even the 2019 version of "With Me" didn't slap like the version the band played under Doc).

Also just wanna add that I'm really looking forward to watched the development of Lindsey. She's got some heat bubbling underneath the surface with her and I think she could be an absolute monster of a Doll. Perfect blend of the classic Doll execution that I love with the newer swag.

• I think the Dolls need to bring "classy" back in 2020. I saw them in the "Lizzo" video, all I can say is "no comment." Bring back the glam squad and the "wow factor" that lived and thrived doing the Greggs era! That's my .002 cents.

This reply was deleted.