AT THE END OF THE DAY WHO WILL SLAY? STANDS, FIELD, UNIS, APPEARANCE???

Views: 15407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Akai had the body of an AMAZON. Her and Reavan!

Christopher said:

Aretha Franklin shade, however I loved Akai.  She wasn't the most graceful Doll, but she was always full of energy and well put togther.

nsuking2005 said:

Great gowns, beautiful gowns.

GAPeach said:

How was Akai while she was on the squad? I know somebody mentioned her being wronged by the organization. 

Is Akai the one that kept messing up throughout this entire routine??!!

https://youtu.be/RmpWTnwAWGk

Some of these OG’s need to praise God YouTube wasn’t popping when they were dolls! They would have been eaten alive in the comments lol

You would have been fought talking about Akai in the comments lol 

Alicia Wax said:

Some of these OG’s need to praise God YouTube wasn’t popping when they were dolls! They would have been eaten alive in the comments lol

Yes, she was the weaker doll of the squad.  Youtube wasn't around but sites called swacfans, 5thquarter, and marchingsport were all around and trust me they used to roast every squad weekly when clips were post via windows embedded media player.  Dancers themselves would come on to defend or snap back at less than respectful conversations regarding them.  But those sites were much more diverse as well and there weren't any fan favorites or super fan clubs, everyone got it equally.  

Alicia Wax said:

It sounds more brutal back in the day then now lol

Christopher said:

Yes, she was the weaker doll of the squad.  Youtube wasn't around but sites called swacfans, 5thquarter, and marchingsport were all around and trust me they used to roast every squad weekly when clips were post via windows embedded media player.  Dancers themselves would come on to defend or snap back at less than respectful conversations regarding them.  But those sites were much more diverse as well and there weren't any fan favorites or super fan clubs, everyone got it equally.  

Alicia Wax said:

I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt only because it honestly makes me nervous seeing how close some of them get to the girls, trying to brush past. Sometimes you have to be firm. But I would hope her attitude isn’t always like that.

Mika Smith said:

Here's the video of Akais attitude. I dont like it and see they mention something in the comments about it. I hope Dtara doesnt leave.

https://youtu.be/bdOBuO6NOiw

Lisa McDaniel said:

Well allegedly DT will no longer be sponsor at some point and they will transition things to Akai. So I’m wondering what she will be like as a sponsor.

Say what you want, but she was always one of my favorite Dolls 

Attachments:
She was known as the clumsy one. She fumbled on the field weekly every year she was on the team. She was part of the line that was iconic because of how pretty they all were, but she was the only one with weave. That wasn’t doll like back then. Anyway, she was a favorite due to her Atlanta connection. Atlanta was majority of the members of the site in the 2000s. She was pretty tho. I was glad when she wasn’t a doll anymore she messed up too much..

Nah 2006 was very blah in terms of choreo.  I t would have been interesting to see what Akai brought to the table as Captain. The only reason Beal got it is because, of the 2005 squad, the twins weren't allowed to lead, and Akai didn't make the squad.  Althoigh the form was still 100% intact in 2006, Beal made even the stuff Dolls did have in the stands rather boring.  05 was too strong of a squad to then go into 06 like that. Lol 

Marcus said:

She was known as the clumsy one. She fumbled on the field weekly every year she was on the team. She was part of the line that was iconic because of how pretty they all were, but she was the only one with weave. That wasn’t doll like back then. Anyway, she was a favorite due to her Atlanta connection. Atlanta was majority of the members of the site in the 2000s. She was pretty tho. I was glad when she wasn’t a doll anymore she messed up too much..

Of the squad that was left after the departure of Courtney and Tianna, all but Airee were from Atlanta.  If I remember correctly Tianna B was from Atlanta as well.

Akai wore weave, but it looked very natural in comparison to what we see in current times.  She had those old school glue in Yaki tracks instead of the virgin remy or deep wave 18 inch Brazilian sew ins.  

Marcus said:

All of 2006's field shows were choreographed by Jonas instead of the Dolls, so that may have been the difference.

SUarchitect said:

Nah 2006 was very blah in terms of choreo.  I t would have been interesting to see what Akai brought to the table as Captain. The only reason Beal got it is because, of the 2005 squad, the twins weren't allowed to lead, and Akai didn't make the squad.  Althoigh the form was still 100% intact in 2006, Beal made even the stuff Dolls did have in the stands rather boring.  05 was too strong of a squad to then go into 06 like that. Lol 

Marcus said:

I recall it being said that Kiki Ely choreographed "Ain't No Other Man."

And I think the main failure of the 2006 squad was they just picked an awful group of crabs. There was only so much you could do for choreography with that many mediocre (if not flat-out bad) dancers in one group. lol When Jackson took over as director, he seemingly had no vision for the Dolls aside from making the group bigger.

Also, Beal was definitely boring as hell in the stands. But that was the standard back then, so IDK how fair it would be to hold that against her. The turning point didn't really come until Airee took the reigns the following season.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service