Views: 24415

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Sugamama said:

I tried....Lord knows I did. But I got nothing with that entrance. Anyone could have led and delivered that 

Mika Smith said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Maya upfront but she had by far the best Bayou Classics entrance imo.

TICtoc said:

I don’t think Connor is. I think the most overrated Dolls in recent years for me would be Maya. I lived for 2015 Maya but 14 and 16 was a so-so

Alicia Wax said:

Now Connor is OVERRATED... if you ask me. 

On another note...I just love the mystique of These CRABS!!! Akai KNOWS what she is DOING!! Any doll crabbing this year for the 50th has to be a future CAPT, they can't be bypassed....WATCH!!

I think her beauty and confidence with being upfront definitely shined, but thats it. You can also tell that she was excited, look at her feet and Gabby's during the first few seconds on that rest movement. 

Sugamama said:

I tried....Lord knows I did. But I got nothing with that entrance. Anyone could have led and delivered that 

Mika Smith said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Maya upfront but she had by far the best Bayou Classics entrance imo.

TICtoc said:

I don’t think Connor is. I think the most overrated Dolls in recent years for me would be Maya. I lived for 2015 Maya but 14 and 16 was a so-so

Alicia Wax said:

I agree with What’s Happening.  I thought Dani gave face (but I’m not a professional dancer).  I liked her dancing but just because I liked it I know others may not. I just have a different preference but I also appreciate your viewpoint. You’re right there is always room for improvement.  

I try to become a better version of myself daily - personally and professionally - its still a journey.    

Vamped09 said:

There’s a difference between given face and facials I will point out she gave face which to me looked awkward,Melody Gives you facials with that being said melody KNOWS  her face she not the best dancer but she has the ability to pull you in Dani just doesn’t have that YET that doesn’t take away from her talent just means she need work

What's happening? said:

I have to disagree with you on that. She gave face when she needed to give face, not all songs need face. I loved that she smiled when it was happy songs like Whiskey, Let your mind be free and This house. Then her face was different for songs like Tourist, Sloppy Toppy, Gyalchester, and Drug Lord Couture. When she dances when it comes to her face she mostly dances with her eyes. I literally just noticed that this year. These are some good videos to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mskVW2pU7Vk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRD3Jomef-A

Vamped09 said:

Dani a lot of times looked very awkward in the stands to me yes she had body and was versatile(to a certain point ) but her facials lacked a lot ! Even still to this day 

What's happening? said:

Chilleeeee that thigh slap at the end was every damn thing. I said Jesus just like Marvin. I think Dannie had way too many moments, which is why it's not top of the clicks for 2017 or dolls. She honestly just had too many moments and when you look back and watch it you be catching things you never saw before.

Sugamama said:

IMO, I don’t understand why Dani’s Drug Lord Couture in 2017 against UAPB didn’t get more clicks.  TO ME, that is a legendary stand sequence.  They ate that song clean up. 

If they could have why didn't they? Its better than KP, Dani, and Gabbys entrance imo atleast.

Sugamama said:

Mika Smith said:

TICtoc said:

Alicia Wax said:

We will just have to agree to disagree.  She is too bland for my taste.  Nothing unique.  

Mika Smith said:

If they could have why didn't they? Its better than KP, Dani, and Gabbys entrance imo atleast.

Sugamama said:

Mika Smith said:

TICtoc said:

Alicia Wax said:

That's fair. Do you have a favorite entrance?

As far as Dani with the facials, or whatever, I think she was great as a Doll in that are. Its however noticable now that she's not a Doll anymore and does her own choreography that I notice she can look awkward at times, which is weird to me. 

Sugamama said:

We will just have to agree to disagree.  She is too bland for my taste.  Nothing unique.  

Mika Smith said:

Sugamama said:

Mika Smith said:

TICtoc said:

Alicia Wax said:

Gabbys 2018 entrance for the Pink Game was sickening to me! Fonts don’t like it but it was CUNT AF and I lived!  Dani’s 2017 UAPB entrance-although they were just walking they looked FLAWLESS. 

Dani’s facials: I honestly never paid that much attention to her expression because of her overall execution.  

Mika Smith said:

That's fair. Do you have a favorite entrance?

As far as Dani with the facials, or whatever, I think she was great as a Doll in that are. Its however noticable now that she's not a Doll anymore and does her own choreography that I notice she can look awkward at times, which is weird to me. 

Sugamama said:

Mika Smith said:

Sugamama said:

Mika Smith said:

TICtoc said:

Alicia Wax said:

This is nice but what really makes this entrance stands out is the way it was filmed. Visually it’s perfection. That’s why I personally prefer Garrett’s filming style of the Dolls over Marvins. But I prefer his filming style in 16 & 17. He had good videographers those two years. 

Mika Smith said:

TICtoc said:

Alicia Wax said:

Showtime stayed on Garrett’s neck and always talked about his antics! He’s a mess lol. He literally said he ain’t Marvin! 

Vamped09 said:

https://youtu.be/-TuA6o40QhY   Also I liked showtime web videography more than Marvin’s this previous season  
Mika Smith said:

Its definitely a different look and feel between the two leading the parades. 

Vamped09 said:

Definitely agree to disagree Gabby WORKS THE GIRLS OUT DURING PARADES !

dollfan101 said:

Anything she led for outside events doesn't count for the team. Jordan also had plenty of moments that out shined Gabby's second game leading.. lol come on now, that's a definite reach. The parade she led where they wore the blue and gold uni (one of my favs btw) was much better than the parade Gabby led, IMO. But we can agree to disagree, you clearly don't see it for Jordan and that's fine. 

Mika Smith said:

Gabby was good imo by her 2nd game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY5LYIFAf_Q

Jordan lead a lot. She lead at the Dance affair with Kayla and Conner, she lead a time or two under Dannie, she lead the whole game for BOTB, she did the parade, she did the Jammin with the Jukebox thing. She had multiple times upfront, and still nothing was better than Gabby during her 2nd game leading imo.

Jordan did good here on Both Sides, but it did seem like a continuation of Dani's reign, plus a look into the "Jordan Show," and it also seemed like a competition between her and Taneria, hence Marvins back and forth...then I always felt Jordan cut Taneria a competitive look at the end but maybe that's just me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFWfKP2X4Jo

dollfan101 said:

But Gabby did have a whole season to progress and win everyone over which is her advantage over Jordan. Gabby would've been just as stiff and extremely boring if she had led when Jordan did, IMO. 

Mika Smith said:

I did like Jordans Botb march in, but I dont see what you all do. In so many of the comments on youtube when Jordan lead people complained the she was stiff etc. What makes you all think they wont complain with her upfront again? People started off complaining about Gabby but she eventually won nearly everyone over. Idk

I don't get it, isn't there enough room for ALL of THEM to be GREAT ? THEY ALL BRING something NEW and different when it comes to videoconferencing! IT is so AWESOME TO GET A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE THAT THE OTHER MISSED ,SO THEREFORE I SUPPORT THEM ALL OR IS IT A EGO THING???

Idk i watched the whole showtime and Garrett situation happen amd i'm with showtime. He was recording before Garrett and for him to call the police on Showtime and then take his equipment was just too much for me.. now i see if you want priority over certain spots but theres a respectful way to do everything .. way too ghetto 

honrae rokermore said:

I don't get it, isn't there enough room for ALL of THEM to be GREAT ? THEY ALL BRING something NEW and different when it comes to videoconferencing! IT is so AWESOME TO GET A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE THAT THE OTHER MISSED ,SO THEREFORE I SUPPORT THEM ALL OR IS IT A EGO THING???

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service