No thread yet? 

Looks like they’re wearing Bayou Classic ‘06 today!

Views: 28406

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly they cant even hide their facials anymore. They laugh it off, or look like girl wtf why you didnt come in... Now this finna make us all off beat smh. I know they all love each other but chile somebody need to bring that to her attention. Again I said she needs to sit in with the band and learn the music.

Mika Smith said:

Kaylon and Jordans facial expressions too. Look at the video I posted when she started late. Cam is so over it.

Those girls just want to dance and look good doing it. I notice how unpleased they are. Gabby cant hide it either, especially not when Micah starts late.

louisianaboi08 said:

I agree, Micah is not screaming captain to me at all. I'm just going with the flow.. But in my head i'm screaming Please Jada and Kaylon me asap! 17 and 18 are gonna kill it next year. I just said Micah looks like a Vet up front that's just throwing counts, her musicality is so off its not even funny anymore, on some songs she knows when to come in... Some.... I wasnt a fan of Gabby but Gabby, Dannie, and Jordan knew their damn music. when Micah throws counts late its making the girls look so off beat. You can look at Cam, Gabby, and Jada facial expressions when she does this, because its getting them off beat! Again I still think her Mom and pops played a major role in her getting this captain position being her last year, some people were not meant to be captain and thats just that on that. But I have no complaints about Saturday at all as far as field show.

Dee Dee said:

I agree totally. Something about Micah being upfront just looks so awkward. Her strut seems to be somewhat of a struggle not smooth and she looks like a crab on the side of Jordan, Cam, Kaylon and Queen Jada. I don’t know something in the buttermilk ain’t clean.
Vamped09 said:

No. This has not been no gooden year nor does it look like the 50th year is going to call this year THE FUMBLE the stingettes I thought I WOULD NEVER SAY THIS is running circles around them this season 

I love the Dolls from afar, but agree they're too good of a squad for this.  It's important that the captain be fully versed in the music to know when to throw the last count so that it doesn't look sloppy in the end with one girl still dancing 8 counts after the band is finished playing.    Does the squad actually practice throwing various counts with the band or at least a recording or does the captain just throw what she's feeling on game day?

louisianaboi08 said:

I just said Micah looks like a Vet up front that's just throwing counts, her musicality is so off its not even funny anymore, ..... when Micah throws counts late its making the girls look so off beat. 

Man, there’s a lot of truth to what you’re saying. People said last year was being forced down people throat, but I honestly feel like this year is forced. Not saying it won’t get better, but some are kind of pushing it. Some will get mad, but it’s off. They can’t hide their expressions. Gabby and Cam just grit their teeth and look in the crowd.  That’s being highly unbiased. 

louisianaboi08 said:

I agree, Micah is not screaming captain to me at all. I'm just going with the flow.. But in my head i'm screaming Please Jada and Kaylon me asap! 17 and 18 are gonna kill it next year. I just said Micah looks like a Vet up front that's just throwing counts, her musicality is so off its not even funny anymore, on some songs she knows when to come in... Some.... I wasnt a fan of Gabby but Gabby, Dannie, and Jordan knew their damn music. when Micah throws counts late its making the girls look so off beat. You can look at Cam, Gabby, and Jada facial expressions when she does this, because its getting them off beat! Again I still think her Mom and pops played a major role in her getting this captain position being her last year, some people were not meant to be captain and thats just that on that. But I have no complaints about Saturday at all as far as field show.

Dee Dee said:

I agree totally. Something about Micah being upfront just looks so awkward. Her strut seems to be somewhat of a struggle not smooth and she looks like a crab on the side of Jordan, Cam, Kaylon and Queen Jada. I don’t know something in the buttermilk ain’t clean.
Vamped09 said:

No. This has not been no gooden year nor does it look like the 50th year is going to call this year THE FUMBLE the stingettes I thought I WOULD NEVER SAY THIS is running circles around them this season 

This is my only area that I'm concerned about.  The musicality is a bit of a struggle for me, because I'm used to captains knowing their music.  I don't want to say that she doesn't know her music, because I don't know what she knows. However, it does look obvious when she starts late. Other than that, I think she's doing what she needs to do as far as stands. The fieldshow was great and those crabs are doing great. I'm still going to support regardless.

louisianaboi08 said:

Dee Dee said:

Vamped09 said:

I assume that the captain probably sits in with the band to hear the music and they eventually practice with the band. However, I'm not 100% sure of that. Whatever the case may be, past captains knew that music. There was even one song from this week (I can't remember) that was about to end and Lindsey knew not to get up and she's a crab.

I do think it will come together for Micah though.

Dequan Clarrette said:

I love the Dolls from afar, but agree they're too good of a squad for this.  It's important that the captain be fully versed in the music to know when to throw the last count so that it doesn't look sloppy in the end with one girl still dancing 8 counts after the band is finished playing.    Does the squad actually practice throwing various counts with the band or at least a recording or does the captain just throw what she's feeling on game day?

louisianaboi08 said:

I just said Micah looks like a Vet up front that's just throwing counts, her musicality is so off its not even funny anymore, ..... when Micah throws counts late its making the girls look so off beat. 

This !  They took the grown woman out of the traditional counts and now they look high schoolish.  The two worst ones are traditionally two of my favorites 

Kane Yasuo Meyers said:

One thing that I've noticed is that some of the girls lose form or get lazy when throwing certain counts, especially on uptempo songs. Also, I don't like that they changed the execution of certain classic counts just for the sake of changing them. They've lost a lot of the finesse with the changes.

Well the saying goes “You don’t know what you’ve had until you lost it.” As a new Doll fan (been watching the girls since 2015-2016) and not being a dancer myself, I was initially turned off from Gabby as captain last year because she didn’t dance big and her delivery wasn’t as great as the other girls on the squad. But looking at this year’s squad, I’m a bit upset I gave Gabby so much of the side eye even though she had a number of great moments in the stands. I’ve learned that delivery is just ONE of many factors a captain should have up front. Musicality and personality are also extremely important, both of which Gabby had last year. I’m just not seeing it with Micah at the helm

It's almost like classic original movies that get remade. Some just need to be left alone and in its original form.

SUarchitect said:

This !  They took the grown woman out of the traditional counts and now they look high schoolish.  The two worst ones are traditionally two of my favorites 

Kane Yasuo Meyers said:

One thing that I've noticed is that some of the girls lose form or get lazy when throwing certain counts, especially on uptempo songs. Also, I don't like that they changed the execution of certain classic counts just for the sake of changing them. They've lost a lot of the finesse with the changes.

I think when you have last minutes changes and late tryouts this is the out.. by all means I'm not saying they're doing a bad but not Great Micah need to listen to band music on her off time..to me it just not about the ability to dance(all of them dance great) but you have to have some presence at the captain spot and Micah doesn't quite have it like Gabby didn't.

They don’t. I agree with this 100 percent. This is the elite squad of HBCU dance and they are all technical. It shouldn’t take all the way to homecoming, SWAC game or the first three games to get it together. To be quite honest with you, any one of the girls are capable of being captain. While I am pleased with Saturday, (besides the march in when my fave Airielle went too early), that’s how it should have started at FANFEST. This whole captain mess is taking momentum from the games at the beginning of the season. Go back to selecting that person and putting them in place at the Bayou Classic.

Derrick said:

I think when you have last minutes changes and late tryouts this is the out.. by all means I'm not saying they're doing a bad but not Great Micah need to listen to band music on her off time..to me it just not about the ability to dance(all of them dance great) but you have to have some presence at the captain spot and Micah doesn't quite have it like Gabby didn't.

I think everyone had very high expectations being that it’s the 50th. I think the frustration is the fact that as a whole the wow factor is missing. Micah isn’t doing a bad job at all. It’s just that she’s at the helm so any form of criticism is going to be directed at her. I’m underwhelmed with the season as a whole. Not just with Micah. From the uniforms to the lack of new material to the overall lackluster presence. I hate that year after year the captain takes the bulk of the criticism. hopefully we’ll get to a point where we can spread the blame instead of putting it all on one person.
People starting to see what I’ve been saying... it is off! Cam looks like she just wants to go home when sitting, Jaylon looks bored, this is not the tight, in sync Dolls of last year. How can we be excited about their performances when they, themselves look so unhappy and confused?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service