Views: 14574

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I can see it from your view. One make you feel proud to be black and gets you emotional the other one doesn't do that for you but you like her reign. I just think you saying black excellence for one made me look at you with the side eye. KP represents black excellence to you, I see your point and I respectfully disagree. I believe both of them represent what black excellence is.

Mika Smith said:

This is all your view and definition, not mine, and I promise you its okay. You are look this through a completely different lense and Im not sure if I can make you see things from my pov. All I can say is my pov is still my pov. 

What's happening? said:

Yes not every dancer will make you feel emotional. But to type in and say KP gives you black excellence because she's a perfectionists is a mess. I don't like the topic of race but NEWS FLASH both of them are black. They both represent what black excellence is. Black excellence isn't about being a perfectionist because there is flaws in everyone including KP which people have pointed out. Black excellence is striving to put out your best. It means to evolve as a person to make something better. Both of them have done that and some people would say the other has done so more than the other. Black excellence was not a good term to use when comparing the both. They are both black excellence, both of them have black girls and women looking up to them because they are black excellence, not one but both.

Mika Smith said:

Because there's not another term that comes to mind, and if I get black excellence from Kayla what is wrong with that? You are wanting me to explain as if Im wrong for what I feel or as if I should have the same feelings with Dani. 

I think I get black excellence from Kayla because she comes across as a perfectionist. There's not many flaws I can point out when she's on, and she dances with her entire being. Its similar to the feeling I have when watching Tey from the Stingettes. Not everybody will give me that or make me proud in an emotional way and its okay.

What's happening? said:

So KP makes you feel proud to be black but Stamper doesn't give you that same feeling. Why use black excellence though instead of another term? I'm reading this like KP represents black excellence but Stamper doesn't. One makes you feel proud and the other doesn't. 

Mika Smith said:

Im not saying Dani isnt but Kayla just makes me feel proud. Its a different feeling watching Kayla when she was on imo.

What's happening? said:

Why is KP black excellence and Stamper not black excellence? Please also state your definition of black excellence with that

Mika Smith said:

Dani was an enjoyable watch as a captain. I can always go to her captain years and be entertained, even still. She put on a show and had performances, like the whole game would be entertaining with her in the stands. 

Kayla was black excellence to me though. I can get bored watching some of her stuff in the stands but when she was on she was ON and she makes me emotional during those times for some reason. Like her Bayou Classics march outs, and even when the beat dropped on the march in just makes me teary eyed. Its like watching Kayla makes me regret not being apart of what she was apart of, if that makes sense. 

They were both great.

After she explained it I understand what she was saying but using that black excellence for one and not the other just irks me. She could've simply said I like KP'S style more. Just like everyone else on here has said. Some prefer KP style over Dannie and vice versa. This is also the same person that just said Dannie was trying to take KP's shine and that Dannie was jealous of KP. This is definitely more than just her preference of style.

Alicia Wax said:

Please don’t get your blood pressure up over this. I can feel your frustration through my screen lol. Maybe she just liked KP’s regalness and poise opposed to Danni’s round the way, in your face type of attitude. I just think sis is having a hard time articulating what she really means. They most definitely both represent black excellence, I just think she prefers KP style more bc of of the way she acts. I’m just guessing. 

What's happening? said:

Yes not every dancer will make you feel emotional. But to type in and say KP gives you black excellence because she's a perfectionists is a mess. I don't like the topic of race but NEWS FLASH both of them are black. They both represent what black excellence is. Black excellence isn't about being a perfectionist because there is flaws in everyone including KP which people have pointed out. Black excellence is striving to put out your best. It means to evolve as a person to make something better. Both of them have done that and some people would say the other has done so more than the other. Black excellence was not a good term to use when comparing the both. They are both black excellence, both of them have black girls and women looking up to them because they are black excellence, not one but both.

Mika Smith said:

Because there's not another term that comes to mind, and if I get black excellence from Kayla what is wrong with that? You are wanting me to explain as if Im wrong for what I feel or as if I should have the same feelings with Dani. 

I think I get black excellence from Kayla because she comes across as a perfectionist. There's not many flaws I can point out when she's on, and she dances with her entire being. Its similar to the feeling I have when watching Tey from the Stingettes. Not everybody will give me that or make me proud in an emotional way and its okay.

What's happening? said:

So KP makes you feel proud to be black but Stamper doesn't give you that same feeling. Why use black excellence though instead of another term? I'm reading this like KP represents black excellence but Stamper doesn't. One makes you feel proud and the other doesn't. 

Mika Smith said:

Im not saying Dani isnt but Kayla just makes me feel proud. Its a different feeling watching Kayla when she was on imo.

What's happening? said:

Why is KP black excellence and Stamper not black excellence? Please also state your definition of black excellence with that

Mika Smith said:

Dani was an enjoyable watch as a captain. I can always go to her captain years and be entertained, even still. She put on a show and had performances, like the whole game would be entertaining with her in the stands. 

Kayla was black excellence to me though. I can get bored watching some of her stuff in the stands but when she was on she was ON and she makes me emotional during those times for some reason. Like her Bayou Classics march outs, and even when the beat dropped on the march in just makes me teary eyed. Its like watching Kayla makes me regret not being apart of what she was apart of, if that makes sense. 

They were both great.

Lord, I have not posted on here in years but this particular post made me log in and comment. lol.

I agree with everything you said. I went to a HBCU and always knew "of" the dolls but never paid them much attention. KP changed that, so beautiful and eloquent, she is radiant and has star quality.

I never met KP in my life and probably never will, but she changed me in many ways.  I use to be somewhat ratchet, but after watching KP and the dolls I started wearing my hair and makeup like the dolls. I became more poised, gracious and lady like. 

Most people here are die hard doll fans, they know who sat where and threw what count in 1989. Thats very impressive, so who you guys think is a legend or icon is interesting. But if you ask someone who is not  that familiar with the dolls to name a doll KP will be first one that comes out of their mouth.

Alicia Wax said:

I will just forever give it up to KP bc she is the reason I first started watching dolls and fell in looove. I still remember the first vid I saw of them on ig in 2014. Amiyah Scott the trans actress had posted them on her page and she was at the game and it kind of went viral before viral was a thing and they had on that ‘dark horse uni’. I was so mesmerized and could not stop watching from then on. I will never have anything negative to say about KP’s unproblematic self. She is Legendary in my book. 

I would love to hear stories about when and how people first discovered dolls but it’s late as hell, maybe another time lol

But if I said I liked KPs style more I cant say that would have been the truth since I enjoyed Danielle more as captain as Ive stated multiple times on here. 

I wasnt giving to one and taking from the other, I wasnt even trying to compare them in that way, I was simply saying what comes to mind when I watch each and how they each make me feel. 

Its not that I dont get excellence when watching Dani, its just that she doesnt pull that emotion out of me that makes me feel proud, however, Im entertained by her as captain even moreso than KP, but KP was mesmerizing in a way that I hadnt seen, confident in a way that I hadnt seen, and flawless with her execution. Its just the combination of things.

Yall are making this more difficult than what it has to be smh lol. 

Appreciate your post. I think everyone wanted that “KP” hair back in 2014-15 lol. Best hair on swac and it looked like hers too.

Punnani said:

Lord, I have not posted on here in years but this particular post made me log in and comment. lol.

I agree with everything you said. I went to a HBCU and always knew "of" the dolls but never paid them much attention. KP changed that, so beautiful and eloquent, she is radiant and has star quality.

I never met KP in my life and probably never will, but she changed me in many ways.  I use to be somewhat ratchet, but after watching KP and the dolls I started wearing my hair and makeup like the dolls. I became more poised, gracious and lady like. 

Most people here are die hard doll fans, they know who sat where and threw what count in 1989. Thats very impressive, so who you guys think is a legend or icon is interesting. But if you ask someone who is not  that familiar with the dolls to name a doll KP will be first one that comes out of their mouth.

Alicia Wax said:

I will just forever give it up to KP bc she is the reason I first started watching dolls and fell in looove. I still remember the first vid I saw of them on ig in 2014. Amiyah Scott the trans actress had posted them on her page and she was at the game and it kind of went viral before viral was a thing and they had on that ‘dark horse uni’. I was so mesmerized and could not stop watching from then on. I will never have anything negative to say about KP’s unproblematic self. She is Legendary in my book. 

I would love to hear stories about when and how people first discovered dolls but it’s late as hell, maybe another time lol

I understood exactly what you was saying. 

Mika Smith said:

But if I said I liked KPs style more I cant say that would have been the truth since I enjoyed Danielle more as captain as Ive stated multiple times on here. 

I wasnt giving to one and taking from the other, I wasnt even trying to compare them in that way, I was simply saying what comes to mind when I watch each and how they each make me feel. 

Its not that I dont get excellence when watching Dani, its just that she doesnt pull that emotion out of me that makes me feel proud, however, Im entertained by her as captain even moreso than KP, but KP was mesmerizing in a way that I hadnt seen, confident in a way that I hadnt seen, and flawless with her execution. Its just the combination of things.

I actually get what you are saying. It wasn’t that deep to me. You got to watch you say or don’t say about Stamper around these parts. The Stamperettes don’t play!!!!

Mika Smith said:

Girl no!! You made it more complicated. You could've just said that without mentioning black excellence but you did. When you say one represents black excellence but you  don't mention that for the other a conversation is about to happen. Not only did you say KP has it and you didn't mention black excellence for Stamper, but you were also saying that Dannie was trying to take KP'S shine and was jealous of her. That does not put you in a good position.

Mika Smith said:

Why we gotta add the rettes and the nettes to the Stan names? First, Gabbynettes, then Stamperettes. Names sound like gospel quartet groups. Lmao! That cracks me up.

Alicia Wax said:

I actually get what you are saying. It wasn’t that deep to me. You got to watch you say or don’t say about Stamper around these parts. The Stamperettes don’t play!!!!

Mika Smith said:

I got it. And I agree. I don’t think you were trying to down Dani either.

Mika Smith said:

It's better than Dixers though

Love Dance said:

Why we gotta add the rettes and the nettes to the Stan names? First, Gabbynettes, then Stamperettes. Names sound like gospel quartet groups. Lmao! That cracks me up.

Alicia Wax said:

Mika Smith said:

Lmaooo, y’all started that shit, I'm just going with the flow. Idk what tribe I belong in yet. The Micahnators sounds like a sandwich at Wendy’s so I may have to pass and stan for myself lol

Love Dance said:

Alicia Wax said:

Mika Smith said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service