Views: 25750

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

• I’m sorry you lost me when you said battle mode it’s not even about that to me FIRST OF ALL they are DANCERS  a very prestigious dance team at that ,They just don’t look like “The dolls this year let alone it being their 50th I don’t think you and I will ever see eye to eye on this topic and I’m fine with that. 2016 Still looked like the Dolls 2017 didn’t and it became borderline Stingettes 2018 was to me a very needed blend of new and old era and I was expecting 2019 to be THAT SQUAD and if you are on here reading people complain and criticize for 10 hours of the day what does that say about you ? baby take a seat and gag on that BULL SHIT of an Book you just wrote 

Jason said:

and ya'll still fail to realize that if the Dolls choose to tone it down, and give more toned down stands, rocking traditional counts and no new material yet and no battle mode, then that is what the CHOOSE to do, and it is very much intentional.

I think some of you just don't understand the personality of the Dolls organization because most of you are NEW fans, and you think they should be coming out breaking their backs and necks every single performance. As I said in my previous posts, the Dolls have LEVELS. Its not a matter of being inconsistent, its a matter of what they CHOOSE to give for that particular game, which often times depends on who they face. The Dolls are very calculated.

So, some of yall saying "something if off", "Micah isn't doing it for me", etc, it's extremely premature, because they are being very calculated. In contrast, Dani's 2017 reign for very different because she was TOLD to come out of the gate busting heads with new material, AND the first game was against an HBCU. that's different. 2016 for instance was the COMPLETE OPPOSITE, because Dani and the team were VERY toned down against ULM and Tulane, versus how they were for Crankfest and Alabama St, for instance. Its ALL calculated a game by game. The Dolls have ALWAYS been that way. Early 2000s Dolls didn't even perform against PWI's. lol. 

So again, relax! Lawd hammercy. But the GAG is... Some of yall spend all day criticizing people you don't know, you need to take Wendy Williams spot, or develop your own website, Podcast, or YouTube channel so you can monetize it. Cause some of yall spend 10 hours a day on here talking mess, atleast get paid for it, love

Vamped09 said:

Me too and I can respect that agree to disagree 

WHS fan said:

I would just like to see energetic fields and stands and I am optimistic it will get better. I have to disagree about them looking like Dolls though. But again we would be here all day discussing that but it’s pointless so I will have to agree to disagree

Vamped09 said:

I somewhat agree with you  18 lack in new material/ unexpected moments and the Glam was off at times, BUT they were clean AS HELL. The  field work was so refreshing,DIFFERENT and cohesive,not to mention the captain knew her music from the very beginning.Theres a whole lot that can be discussed about 18 that if we go into all the details it’s very draining but THEY ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE DOLLS  for them to come out how they did 18 is in my top three years of all time. This year is their 50th (THE GOLDEN YEAR) and it’s been Grey ITS SUPPOSED to showcase growth but I’m only seeing them moving backwards 

WHS fan said:

So it was bland last year too and it got better towards the end maybe this year it will be the same.

Vamped09 said:

Because they feel personally attacked when your opinion is not the same as theirs so they like to say we are being negative and toxic when in reality complacency is TOXIC what has been produced this year is very blan , hoping for improvement. As so many of you hypocrites in here have stated hopefully they bring it at a HBCU game . <—— Made me chuckle like wtf WHO SAYS STUFF LIKE THAT !

Mika Smith said:

If this happens a bit every year why cant some of you ignore those of us who are unsatisfied and continue to enjoy what the Dolls are bringing? 

Im just saying, if its a continuous thing then some of you should be use to it. Maybe there should be a Doll critique or complaint thread too, seperate, so vibes wont be killed. Idk

Even tho you are bias at times You are definitely GIF QUEEN 

buckingANONYMOUS said:

JORDAN HAS OFFICIALLY ENDORSED ME AS GIF QUEEN.. PERIOD!

https://twitter.com/jordankyler_/status/1170536247569395712?s=20

Officially Endorsed by Janae and Jordan ... 

I LIVE!!!

buckingANONYMOUS said:

You are the main culprit. I had a sister that was in the organization. How long have you been a "Doll fan" sweetie? How many months?

The truth is, NONE of yall really know what you want. Ya'll critize every single thing, and you wont be happy. Im not understand how don't look like Dolls throwing TRADITIONAL Dolls counts, and retaining 80% of the same girls from the last 3 years, but whatever. Go awf.

I respect your opinion, but if someone asked you to EXPLICITLY EXPLAIN how they don't look like Dolls, you CANT! That means you just criticizing with absolutely nothing to back it up. You just unhappy for no apparent reason, and you are going to stay mad all season, cause that's what you CHOSE to do, beloved!

Now, take yourself to church this morning. That's probably why you feeling so lost and bewildered!

Vamped09 said:

• I’m sorry you lost me when you said battle mode it’s not even about that to me FIRST OF ALL they are DANCERS  a very prestigious dance team at that ,They just don’t look like “The dolls this year let alone it being their 50th I don’t think you and I will ever see eye to eye on this topic and I’m fine with that. 2016 Still looked like the Dolls 2017 didn’t and it became borderline Stingettes 2018 was to me a very needed blend of new and old era and I was expecting 2019 to be THAT SQUAD and if you are on here reading people complain and criticize for 10 hours of the day what does that say about you ? baby take a seat and gag on that BULL SHIT of an Book you just wrote 

Jason said:

and ya'll still fail to realize that if the Dolls choose to tone it down, and give more toned down stands, rocking traditional counts and no new material yet and no battle mode, then that is what the CHOOSE to do, and it is very much intentional.

I think some of you just don't understand the personality of the Dolls organization because most of you are NEW fans, and you think they should be coming out breaking their backs and necks every single performance. As I said in my previous posts, the Dolls have LEVELS. Its not a matter of being inconsistent, its a matter of what they CHOOSE to give for that particular game, which often times depends on who they face. The Dolls are very calculated.

So, some of yall saying "something if off", "Micah isn't doing it for me", etc, it's extremely premature, because they are being very calculated. In contrast, Dani's 2017 reign for very different because she was TOLD to come out of the gate busting heads with new material, AND the first game was against an HBCU. that's different. 2016 for instance was the COMPLETE OPPOSITE, because Dani and the team were VERY toned down against ULM and Tulane, versus how they were for Crankfest and Alabama St, for instance. Its ALL calculated a game by game. The Dolls have ALWAYS been that way. Early 2000s Dolls didn't even perform against PWI's. lol. 

So again, relax! Lawd hammercy. But the GAG is... Some of yall spend all day criticizing people you don't know, you need to take Wendy Williams spot, or develop your own website, Podcast, or YouTube channel so you can monetize it. Cause some of yall spend 10 hours a day on here talking mess, atleast get paid for it, love

Vamped09 said:

Me too and I can respect that agree to disagree 

WHS fan said:

I would just like to see energetic fields and stands and I am optimistic it will get better. I have to disagree about them looking like Dolls though. But again we would be here all day discussing that but it’s pointless so I will have to agree to disagree

Vamped09 said:

I somewhat agree with you  18 lack in new material/ unexpected moments and the Glam was off at times, BUT they were clean AS HELL. The  field work was so refreshing,DIFFERENT and cohesive,not to mention the captain knew her music from the very beginning.Theres a whole lot that can be discussed about 18 that if we go into all the details it’s very draining but THEY ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE DOLLS  for them to come out how they did 18 is in my top three years of all time. This year is their 50th (THE GOLDEN YEAR) and it’s been Grey ITS SUPPOSED to showcase growth but I’m only seeing them moving backwards 

WHS fan said:

So it was bland last year too and it got better towards the end maybe this year it will be the same.

Vamped09 said:

Because they feel personally attacked when your opinion is not the same as theirs so they like to say we are being negative and toxic when in reality complacency is TOXIC what has been produced this year is very blan , hoping for improvement. As so many of you hypocrites in here have stated hopefully they bring it at a HBCU game . <—— Made me chuckle like wtf WHO SAYS STUFF LIKE THAT !

Mika Smith said:

If this happens a bit every year why cant some of you ignore those of us who are unsatisfied and continue to enjoy what the Dolls are bringing? 

Im just saying, if its a continuous thing then some of you should be use to it. Maybe there should be a Doll critique or complaint thread too, seperate, so vibes wont be killed. Idk

This!!

Sugamama said:

Doll fans are never satisfied.  Those girls look JUST FINE.   Like another font said:  y’all say the same stuff every year!  They don’t look off, etc.  some of y’all just mad  that your sources were wrong as captain and you are nitpicking to support your conclusion as to why someone else should be.  People use facts to hide how they really feel and that is what it looks like is happening in these comments.  It may be a fact that the Dolls “didn’t come our swinging”  (which is subject AF) but the truth is that Akai pulled a fast one in you, majority of your tea sources were wrong and you mad Micah is captain so you take what you deem as negative and blow it out of proportion. Hence, something will always be “off, disappointing, disheartening” and any other negative adjective chosen to describe the Dolls’ performance.  As such, Micah can give you everything the rest of the season and your opinion won’t change because some of the fonts are committed to canceling the Dolls this year which is quite immature and petty. I am personally ready for the back handed complements Micah will recieve later in the season. 

Second, y’all writing them off after a game in which it was high noon, ( their games are usually in the afternoon and although it’s hot it does make a difference since the sun isn’t directly in the sky) sun blaring in their faces and the band was limited in what they do but you say the Dolls were fumbling and off? Oh my: what an entertaining perspective.  

You are the gif queen, but you already knew that!!!!!!! I live for your gifs!

buckingANONYMOUS said:

Chile, people can critique everyone else, and be “OBJECTIVE” with every other squad but The Dolls. Truth is, last weeks game and this one was DRY. I believe in Micah and think she’s waiting for the right moment, but let’s call a thing a thing. Hopefully at the first home game they loosen up a bit. I haven’t been moved by the Dolls since ‘17, so I’m hopeful that Micah shakes it up soon! 

Flaggirl2006 said:

This!!

Sugamama said:

Doll fans are never satisfied.  Those girls look JUST FINE.   Like another font said:  y’all say the same stuff every year!  They don’t look off, etc.  some of y’all just mad  that your sources were wrong as captain and you are nitpicking to support your conclusion as to why someone else should be.  People use facts to hide how they really feel and that is what it looks like is happening in these comments.  It may be a fact that the Dolls “didn’t come our swinging”  (which is subject AF) but the truth is that Akai pulled a fast one in you, majority of your tea sources were wrong and you mad Micah is captain so you take what you deem as negative and blow it out of proportion. Hence, something will always be “off, disappointing, disheartening” and any other negative adjective chosen to describe the Dolls’ performance.  As such, Micah can give you everything the rest of the season and your opinion won’t change because some of the fonts are committed to canceling the Dolls this year which is quite immature and petty. I am personally ready for the back handed complements Micah will recieve later in the season. 

Second, y’all writing them off after a game in which it was high noon, ( their games are usually in the afternoon and although it’s hot it does make a difference since the sun isn’t directly in the sky) sun blaring in their faces and the band was limited in what they do but you say the Dolls were fumbling and off? Oh my: what an entertaining perspective.  

Bucking is partial when it comes to the girls, but the gifs are legendary lol

Vamped09 said:

Even tho you are bias at times You are definitely GIF QUEEN 

buckingANONYMOUS said:

JORDAN HAS OFFICIALLY ENDORSED ME AS GIF QUEEN.. PERIOD!

https://twitter.com/jordankyler_/status/1170536247569395712?s=20

@Meghan James-the Dolls aren’t above reproach. As a matter of fact, they get criticized the most and the harshest. Last year, the Stingettes deserved all the smoke they got and more, but outside of “Yasmine had too many crabs” they weren’t given too much. People don’t like when it is said that the Dolls are the top HBCU Dance squad, but entities that are at the top get the harshest criticism. It seems that people want to see the Dolls fail, but when you are consistent to your brand and don’t give a damn about competing you can’t really fail. Even with all of the alleged politics, that is what admirable about the Doll organization. That do THEM and do not give a damn if people think they are dry, boring or otherwise because they A. Have a large following regardless and B. You don’t need to compete when historically no one else compares. That’s not to say the other teams aren’t good (Janae is sickening AF and I lived for that black uniform last night) but the Dolls are the Dolls for a good reason and the Dolls are often the first choice for HBCU dance, but we don’t have to go down that route. Lastly-unless you are a professional dancer, none of can critique. You have to have credentials for that. But as fans we can all criticize-and some criticisms are valid.

Not here. I gave the Stingettes hell last year, but we can agree to disagree. The material is speaking for itself this season..... And for the record; I’m guessing you’re new around these parts... I’ve danced on a college dance line for 3 years, so I’m guessing that would make me professional :-). I don’t have time to write an essay or think pieces, because this is Bandhead, not the real world. Let’s go Dolls; bring back that glory and competing where you don’t compare that everyone is speaking of. 

Sugamama said:

@Meghan James-the Dolls aren’t above reproach. As a matter of fact, they get criticized the most and the harshest. Last year, the Stingettes deserved all the smoke they got and more, but outside of “Yasmine had too many crabs” they weren’t given too much. People don’t like when it is said that the Dolls are the top HBCU Dance squad, but entities that are at the top get the harshest criticism. It seems that people want to see the Dolls fail, but when you are consistent to your brand and don’t give a damn about competing you can’t really fail. Even with all of the alleged politics, that is what admirable about the Doll organization. That do THEM and do not give a damn if people think they are dry, boring or otherwise because they A. Have a large following regardless and B. You don’t need to compete when historically no one else compares. That’s not to say the other teams aren’t good (Janae is sickening AF and I lived for that black uniform last night) but the Dolls are the Dolls for a good reason and the Dolls are often the first choice for HBCU dance, but we don’t have to go down that route. Lastly-unless you are a professional dancer, none of can critique. You have to have credentials for that. But as fans we can all criticize-and some criticisms are valid.
@Meghan James Touché. I can definitely do that.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service