SWAC Rules 2010

Just wanted to know how the rules against our bands were being enforced across the conference this year.

So far, I haven't heard of any reprimands this season.  But the complaints about the rules are still being heard.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alcorn almost got in trouble on yesterday lol. As i was listening to the JSU/SU game, SU band got a couple of warnings.
  • It is now against the rules to play during kickoffs....that was announced yesterday before the game started

That only leaves timeouts and end of quarters to play....no band is suppose to play while the game is going on as well

=( they are killn the bands....the game yesterday could've been SOOO much better like in '95
  • M4 and MMW might both be gettin calls in the morning.....smh......
  • The way those SWAC rules are going now, by next year bands may as well not be at the games. It's just a shame how they're killing us band heads like this.
  • If jsu and su would not have played when they did the the overall football game wouldve been #FAIL cause that was like watching America's funniest home movies[in a bad way] till the end
    FrostyNacho said:
    It is now against the rules to play during kickoffs....that was announced yesterday before the game started

That only leaves timeouts and end of quarters to play....no band is suppose to play while the game is going on as well

=( they are killn the bands....the game yesterday could've been SOOO much better like in '95
    SWAC Rules 2010
    Just wanted to know how the rules against our bands were being enforced across the conference this year. So far, I haven't heard of any reprimands th…
  • i pray they dont smh
    TClef2 said:
    M4 and MMW might both be gettin calls in the morning.....smh......
    SWAC Rules 2010
    Just wanted to know how the rules against our bands were being enforced across the conference this year. So far, I haven't heard of any reprimands th…
  • The ref said somethin on 2 occasions.....once when each band was playin.....and it looked like a coach from aamu was sayin to a ref that our band shouldn't have been playin.....even tho it was like an official timeout or somethin.....i just know noone was at the line when he was sayin it.....
  • It gets sadder and sadder. Next thing you know, they will cut halftime performances down again.

I can see it now...

~Bands can't play at all during the game...not even during TDs, turnovers, or timeouts~
    ~Halftime performances will be cut down to 5 minutes 16 seconds per band~
    ~Bands will have to leave the stadium immediately after the game ends (NO MORE 5ths)~
    ~Bands won't be permitted in the stadium until the games start (NO MORE Zero Quarters)~

When the best element of SWAC football games is taken away, things will seem stale. It's no wonder why bands try to sponsor BOTBs the night before the game. I say screw it...and sponsor the BOTB DURING the football game...lol. Have the event in the school gym, and see the attendance for the football game is effected.
  • yea M4 got reprimanded...lol."WILL THE BAND PLEASE STOP PLAYING...1ST WARNING"

AND

MMW got reprimanded the next play...lol..."WILL THE BAND PLEASE STOP PLAYING...2ND WARNING"
  • all any band will get is a fight song fanfare every other touchdown. . . . . lol
This reply was deleted.