The 50th Anniversary of the Fabulous Dancing Dolls: Homecoming Edition

Views: 26998

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

LMAO a classic Dynasty moment from Dominique. 

SUarchitect said:

Ok!  Giving me Dominique Devereaux "this champagne... It's burned" realness. Lol  All they needed was a mink and a nasty peep toe character.  They gave me classic Doll realness and I loved it.  

I loooove the blue fringe but I'd take the cut up for the current lines.  The fringe more than covers enough for them to pull off a higher cut.  It was very age appropriate for the 90s Dolls though.   That Fleur de lis 2.0 is perfection 

Glammy08 said:

the buns with bayou classic ‘18 looked AMAZING! They all looked beautiful!

LOL nip slip may not have been the best choice of words. But, the video that I seen on IG when a doll did a count that required a dip she had to adjust the top real quick cause a boob made an appearance. That may be a mesh inlay but that was boob (even if only a very realistic silhouette). Pay me no mind though cause those women are grown ass hell.

The uniform is beautiful though and I hope the girls get to keep it. I liked the waist length cape lol Hell, they need to leave the waist cape in the doll room too lol.

SUarchitect said:

Im confused as to why you think it's a nip skip waiting to happen.  Thats a full leotard, and the nude parts are mesh inlay.  The Fleur delis completely covers the chest. 

Now the top of the two piece Airee and the 00s wore could be an issue.  And i loved the concept of the waist length cape but it seems annoying to dance in lol 

Bwest said:

While looking at pictures on IG and watching the highlights, that new Fleur-de-lis, is a nip slip and controversy waiting to happen. The more endowed girls would definitely have a problem. A couple of late 2000s dolls were serving under-boob realness. Cute uni though. Absolutely gorgeous.

THE DOLLS ARE COMING, the DOLLS are coming, THE DOLLS CAME, CONQUERED AND SLAYED.......
THE DOLL NATION AIN'T TO BE PLAYED WITH, THE JUKES, THE JUKEBOX BAND PLAYED EVERY SINGLE LIT SONG THAT GOT US OVER TO GAIN A VICTORY.....WE WON OUR HOMECOMING GAME TOO ! THANKS TO THE LATE DR ISSAC GREGG'S WHO IS IN HEAVEN HITTING ALL THOSE NOTES ON THAT HOLY GHOST FILLED TRUMPET AND MOTHER GRACIE PERKINS AND ALL OF THE SPONSORS WHO HAVE GIVEN SO MUCH, BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS ......I SAY THANK YOU...AS JESUS LOVE CONTINUES TO BUBBLE OVER AND OVER IN OUR HEARTS, GOD BLESS OUR DEAR OLE SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY FOREVER AND EVER AMEN.....HAPPY HOMECOMING 19 JAGUAR NATION, SOUTHERLY YOURS

May I petition to get the current team to change the lasso sequence at 0:59 back to its former glory, please? PLEASE. Also, can we see this uniform again? It exemplifies this current era of doll. 

Mika Smith said:

Micah should be commended for listening to the fans feedback and bringing back the buns! Last night was truly exceptional and Micah looked stunningly beautiful! Sometimes less is more and you can definitely appreciate her beauty with her hair pulled back.  All of the forever dolls were stunning and proved why the Fabolous Dancing Dolls have always been the standard! Bravo ladies! 

If the squad can’t keep the uniforms, Akai should definitely collaborate with the designer.

We continually see why Haymer chose Kayla when it was her time. When she's amongst the ranks, we constantly see her directing, instructing, and leading. I think her abilities to consolidate and present are well-respected within the sisterhood. 

The buns on the current team were just next-level grace, poise, regality, and timelessness. I love Traditional (it's probably my favorite uniform), but dare I say it, I thought the signature dazzle and regality popped more in the Bayou Classic '18 uniform with the buns.

The best hair for me goes to Josie. I loved her hair with that disarming uniform.

YES SHE DID!!! She looked so beautiful and that big smile of hers and even gabby lit up the stands.Jordan was giving me everything as well and Kaylon. They ALL looked beautiful. So to the people who said we were bashing her looks. Go somewhere else. Not one person had anything bad to say last night. We got to look at new uniforms and a new hairstyle and some beautiful smiles. I HOPE THE CURRENT DOLLS WEAR THE 2010's DOLLS uniforms for bayou classic at least part of it. JOSIE WAS IT!!!! BODY AND EVERYTHING!

The 90's Dolls (partial to), that's class, charm and beauty! All eras looked great!

You can definitely tell KP is well respected among those girls. A true leader.

P.H. said:

We continually see why Haymer chose Kayla when it was her time. When she's amongst the ranks, we constantly see her directing, instructing, and leading. I think her abilities to consolidate and present are well-respected within the sisterhood. 

The buns on the current team were just next-level grace, poise, regality, and timelessness. I love Traditional (it's probably my favorite uniform), but dare I say it, I thought the signature dazzle and regality popped more in the Bayou Classic '18 uniform with the buns.

The best hair for me goes to Josie. I loved her hair with that disarming uniform.

Yes I enjoyed everything. The 90s routine still speaks to that eras ability to choreograph high energy and well thought out routines.  Love all the unis(90s, 00s, and late 00s all need to go in the closet I dont care if it has to be altered for the current team or whatever)

The current squad....the buns were everything and brought a sense of regallity, old flavor, yet rejuvenation and youth amongst the other decades. Like they gave "our offspring and the future" at the same time. The buns allowed for easily seen execution and precision in stands. Also loved the current squad routine and understand it was shorter because of time but I cant help but wonder what it would have looked like as a full length/expanded routine.

Side Note: I absolutely LOVED how each era ended their routine giving a hand gesture to the next era calling them to "come in!" That was an awesome detail!!! 

I loved the sisterhood!!! Made me wish I was a part of something so big and beautiful. I thought I was watching the cheetah girls lol I said yesss

SUAlum11 said:

Yes I enjoyed everything. The 90s routine still speaks to that eras ability to choreograph high energy and well thought out routines.  Love all the unis(90s, 00s, and late 00s all need to go in the closet I dont care if it has to be altered for the current team or whatever)

The current squad....the buns were everything and brought a sense of regallity, old flavor, yet rejuvenation and youth amongst the other decades. Like they gave "our offspring and the future" at the same time. The buns allowed for easily seen execution and precision in stands. Also loved the current squad routine and understand it was shorter because of time but I cant help but wonder what it would have looked like as a full length/expanded routine.

Side Note: I absolutely LOVED how each era ended their routine giving a hand gesture to the next era calling them to "come in!" That was an awesome detail!!! 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service