The 50th Anniversary of the Fabulous Dancing Dolls: Homecoming Edition

Views: 27028

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I somewhat agree.  I don't think we have the department because we don't want use our state funding (the little we have) to fund it.  If there was a private endowment to set it up, I'm sure the University would be more than happy to assist it's development.  

Peachyp said:

If Southern was interested in a dance department they would’ve had one years ago when Jonas was there. I think the focus are on dance teams and to be honest very unfortunate. Not everyone wants to be a doll or gold n blues, some people just want to dance.

I've long felt like this is one of the shortcomings for the Dolls, and a big part of why we often don't see dramatic growth from their crab years to final rips. There's less opportunity to get the attention they need for focusing on the finer details and fixing things. Sure, Jonas was a great resource but one person doesn't substitute a full, collegiate program.

Peachyp said:

If Southern was interested in a dance department they would’ve had one years ago when Jonas was there. I think the focus are on dance teams and to be honest very unfortunate. Not everyone wants to be a doll or gold n blues, some people just want to dance.

I've got a question, who do you guys think will lead the Rose Parade with Micah and Gabby graduating? 

Jada.  Is Jordan not graduating either? 

Bwest said:

I've got a question, who do you guys think will lead the Rose Parade with Micah and Gabby graduating? 

Wait, all of a sudden Im really curious about how they pulled these fieldshows off with multiple Dolls living different places? I wonder when they ever had the time to practice as a whole? Kind of interesting to me.

I’m sure the Houston Dolls practice was deep. You have Traci Prince, Davique, Monique, Seaera, Nancy, Gelly, DT, Shawn Zackary, etc. all in Houston.  

Mika Smith said:

Wait, all of a sudden Im really curious about how they pulled these fieldshows off with multiple Dolls living different places? I wonder when they ever had the time to practice as a whole? Kind of interesting to me.

This was a great showing full of nostalgia. Seeing the 2010s Forever Dolls made me miss the “larger” crab classes (4ish dolls). Correct me if I’m wrong, but all of the alum from ‘10, ‘12, ‘13, ‘14, and ‘15 were present except Beatriz, right? 

Correct. 

Bee Read said:

This was a great showing full of nostalgia. Seeing the 2010s Forever Dolls made me miss the “larger” crab classes (4ish dolls). Correct me if I’m wrong, but all of the alum from ‘10, ‘12, ‘13, ‘14, and ‘15 were present except Beatriz, right? 

And Taylor, but technically she isn't alum yet
Bee Read said:

I feel the 90s Dolls made me miss everything I miss and loved about the 90s. They were IT to me and the early 2000s Dolls were spicy. Like they had the new school buck in them all while keeping it traditional.

I noticed as they were all lined up getting ready to march in, the Dolls got shorter in height by eras. I thought that was interesting, although the 90s Dolls had on heels. 

I saw a lot of what I miss, although I didn't know I missed it because I'm a more recent fan lol.

The view from the top is much appreciated!

Great job by all Dolls, past & present. I'm so pleased with the current Dolls this weekend. Their portion of the field show was short, jam packed with technique & choreo, & sweet. But the buns really made the difference for the Bayou Classic Uni and their presence overall. They need to keep that uniform in the closet if they can't present it this way whenever they pull it out again. & Micah Micah Micah!! The girl is gorgeous & radiant. A truly less is more beauty. I'm also glad for the buns bc there was a gradual difference going from the 90s, to the 2000s, and then the 2010s era in the hair department. That 90s and their natural glam and undetectable weave is truly missed. They can teach a course on it!!!

The Dolls owe me nothing.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service