The 50th Anniversary of the Fabulous Dancing Dolls: Homecoming Edition

Views: 26998

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I don’t see those softer Dolls that you named as 90s Doll. I can see Jada because she’s a true product of Dannie. 

SUarchitect said:

I somewhat agree with both of you.  Stamper was iconic in that she gave a definite sass in the stands. Made the Dolls a bit more battle ready.  Which wasn't a thing ever. 

Idk if I would compare the 90s Dolls to a Seaera, Stamper, Jordan, and Taneria though.  Those 90s Dolls up to 2005 had sass, infused high energy into the counts, but still had a strong form and controlled movement.  Those Dolls remind me more of Danielle Linkford, Aysha, Micah, KP, Jada (for the most part), Casey, Jessica G. Etc. 

What's happening? said:

People who don't actually know doll history pre-2008 say that mess about her having them look like the stings. That energy, sharpness and that attitude is all 90's dolls and people don't wanna believe it. That's why girls that people consider "stingdolls" would fit perfectly in the 90's era which is Seaera, Stamper, Taneria, Jordan and a little more. 

BandJunkee said:

What drives me insane is when people say that Dannie made the Dolls look like Stingettes, when she was pretty much the modern-day Traci Prince. I see a lot of Traci in Dannie from the high energy, creativity, drama, and attention to detail. Traci had a dynamic team and that’s what Dannie did. 

Every girl I just named would KILL a 90s field show and match their energy.  The stands in the 90s weren't hard I terms of energy.  They were very staccato in movement. Every downbeat was accented. Almost as if you took a photo of them in motion, every Doll would look exactly the same.  Especially the Davique era.  Look up 911 Bayou Classic and you'll see what i mean.  Kristi was the most fluid in the stands IMO 

https://youtu.be/UrkE4pS4Wv8   

Sidenote: that count at 1:58  is the ONE count I Haaaaaaaate to see Jada throw. That upward slap thing is so ugly to me lol 

And i I love me a left kickout into the T stance in the old close (93-2013)

BandJunkee said:

I don’t see those softer Dolls that you named as 90s Doll. I can see Jada because she’s a true product of Dannie. 

SUarchitect said:

I somewhat agree with both of you.  Stamper was iconic in that she gave a definite sass in the stands. Made the Dolls a bit more battle ready.  Which wasn't a thing ever. 

Idk if I would compare the 90s Dolls to a Seaera, Stamper, Jordan, and Taneria though.  Those 90s Dolls up to 2005 had sass, infused high energy into the counts, but still had a strong form and controlled movement.  Those Dolls remind me more of Danielle Linkford, Aysha, Micah, KP, Jada (for the most part), Casey, Jessica G. Etc. 

What's happening? said:

People who don't actually know doll history pre-2008 say that mess about her having them look like the stings. That energy, sharpness and that attitude is all 90's dolls and people don't wanna believe it. That's why girls that people consider "stingdolls" would fit perfectly in the 90's era which is Seaera, Stamper, Taneria, Jordan and a little more. 

BandJunkee said:

What drives me insane is when people say that Dannie made the Dolls look like Stingettes, when she was pretty much the modern-day Traci Prince. I see a lot of Traci in Dannie from the high energy, creativity, drama, and attention to detail. Traci had a dynamic team and that’s what Dannie did. 

Thats what Ive been trying to keep mum about. 

I'm a newer Doll fan, but I noticed a difference between the 90's and early 00's dolls and the more present dolls.

First there's the milk thing that people credit April/Kayla for, then there's the edge that Dannie brought to the dolls.

Imo, watching the 90's and early 00's dolls, the current styles(2010 and up) dont hold a candle. 

In attempts of continuing what Dannie started, the current Dolls are creating counts that are just all over the place. In attempts to stay competitive it seems they are losing something in the process and blending with other squads in the stands, imho.

Its like watching the 00s dolls throw counts I saw the umph, edge and competitiveness without the extra stuff.

All my opinion btw.

Even the the 90s doll with the longer hair, I think GG, was throwing counts that had edge but style and grace. Idk. 

Im just curious how things will progress for the Dolls in the stands.

I actually like where most of the new catchons are headed. Moreso less "competitive" and includes some type of form and control.  

Mika Smith said:

Thats what Ive been trying to keep mum about. 

I'm a newer Doll fan, but I noticed a difference between the 90's and early 00's dolls and the more present dolls.

First there's the milk thing that people credit April/Kayla for, then there's the edge that Dannie brought to the dolls.

Imo, watching the 90's and early 00's dolls, the current styles(2010 and up) dont hold a candle. 

In attempts of continuing what Dannie started, the current Dolls are creating counts that are just all over the place. In attempts to stay competitive it seems they are losing something in the process and blending with other squads in the stands, imho.

Its like watching the 00s dolls throw counts I saw the umph, edge and competitiveness without the extra stuff.

All my opinion btw.

Even the the 90s doll with the longer hair, I think GG, was throwing counts that had edge but style and grace. Idk. 

Im just curious how things will progress for the Dolls in the stands.

Where did those catch-ons that Gwana Green was throwing come from? Sis always shakes the table when it's time for some individuals. I still find it hard to believe that out of all the professional dancers, choreographers, nfl and nba cheerleaders, studio owners, and dance instructors from the 90s dolls that they used the same counts for 25 years with little variation. But, each time they threw those counts it was like the first time.

I don’t agree about Dannie being the new age Traci Prince. There was a lot of pure energy, grace and less ‘milk’ in the late 90’s-00’s. The squads for 16 and 17 gave me 1000% Sting/Doll.

Im sure everyone is excited about the dolls finally looking good after 3-4 months but some of y'all in here lyin.

Baybe Gwana was not playing with the girls LMFAOOOOOOO. Lauren was looking like sis where this count come from. LMFAOOO I love Gwana

Bwest said:

Where did those catch-ons that Gwana Green was throwing come from? Sis always shakes the table when it's time for some individuals. I still find it hard to believe that out of all the professional dancers, choreographers, nfl and nba cheerleaders, studio owners, and dance instructors from the 90s dolls that they used the same counts for 25 years with little variation. But, each time they threw those counts it was like the first time.

Interesting take coming from you.

I'd love to hear more... What do you think of the weekend and season so far overall?

Peachyp said:

I don’t agree about Dannie being the new age Traci Prince. There was a lot of pure energy, grace and less ‘milk’ in the late 90’s-00’s. The squads for 16 and 17 gave me 1000% Sting/Doll.

Im sure everyone is excited about the dolls finally looking good after 3-4 months but some of y'all in here lyin.

*Cackling* 

Peachyp said:

LISTENNNN...I knew I wasn't trippin. I was like, "those weren't possibly counts from the 90's."

That woman said they only get one 50th and came to PERFORM...and I loved second of it. LOL

(I just hope some of the current Dolls are noting those counts, along with Linkford's freestyle count...they were lowkey flames)

Leo said:

Baybe Gwana was not playing with the girls LMFAOOOOOOO. Lauren was looking like sis where this count come from. LMFAOOO I love Gwana

Bwest said:

I could've watched her throw counts all night!! She didn't come to play!!!!

Leo said:

Bwest said:

She's so full of personality. I love it. Lauren was like its too cold for this mess. Lol   I hate that she cut all of that pretty hair too man. 

Linkfords remix was cute.   And idk why but i always be cheesed out at April's Doll hiccups. You literally can't get more adorable than April Rollins. Lol    and her little sissy is her twin!  Their parents made some Heartbreakers lol 

nsuking2005 said:

LISTENNNN...I knew I wasn't trippin. I was like, "those weren't possibly counts from the 90's."

That woman said they only get one 50th and came to PERFORM...and I loved second of it. LOL

(I just hope some of the current Dolls are noting those counts, along with Linkford's freestyle count...they were lowkey flames)

Leo said:

Bwest said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service