The 50th Anniversary of the Fabulous Dancing Dolls: Homecoming Edition

Views: 26650

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well i mean thats the style thay she seems to gravitate towards.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  It's not my preference for Dolls.  But she's a beast at it outside of the organization.  

Mika Smith said:

They are definitely far removed from the Dolls in this performance, but seeing them execute the choreography so differently is funny. Of course, everyone has their own individual style of dance, but I thought it was interesting how sexual Danni was here in comparison to Connor. It just instantly made me think of your comments.

SUarchitect said:

Well in this case they are more than far removed from Dolls in terms of performance, so i actually really like Dannies skill in this style.  What's crazy is Danny looks almost as thick as Connor here! Lol 

Mika Smith said:

Not performing Doll counts, but SUarchitects point possibly?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4l01h3Ay9wIq3CUj67KfxfUOg6TCj0bjMxArM0/

Just watched Dannie video and Mama is thick like thick. I never thought I’d ever see the day where Dannie was a thick as Connor. She did that.

JUSTAJAGUARTIDBIT THE last DRIVE IN THE GAME my best friend and HER mom called me to say THAT we had the ball with a minute or something LEFT in THE GAME. THIS IS HOMECOMING, THE DOLLS 50TH ANNIVERSARY AND I COULDN'T FIND ESPN3 LIVE, SO MY FRIEND SHEILA DUKES SAID HURRY UP AND TURN TO ESPN BREAKING NEWS , SO I TURNED IT ON , it was OUR GAME ! So we said OH IT'S TIME TO PRAY !!! WE WON THAT GAME AMEN, AND DR GREGG'S USED TO ALWAYS PLAY CALL HIM UP & WE DID JUST THAT!
SHOUT OUT TO MY DEKALB COUNTY DOLLS, YA'LL STILL GOT IT GOING ON! DOLLS, Keke and HER MAMA MS EILY STILL looking good, Brittany Beal's and baby doll Prentice!
My bad and Ms Tatiana BARNETT, OUR NUMBER 1 poster DOLL !!!

Alright! Before this goes left speaking of former Dolls and their ventures outside of Doll life...

Is it fair to go on and assess this Taneria situation we kept hushing people on all season. I can't remember who but I know someone was upset about her making it again but not being able to perform. Now that she has returned and it appears she's limited to stands only, how do you guys feel? I'm glad to still have her presence and energy on the squad & I love seeing the ladies complete that 4th rip that seems so hard to accomplish lately with the drama! I just wonder if this was her prognosis all along or if she was expected to make a full return and her injury just  hasn't allowed her to. Even if her Doll days and duties are limited, I hate to see a dancer down. Doll isn't the end of the dance road. I hope whatever is ailing her eventually becomes a full recovery and she may dance at 100% again. 

I think the question posed by the other member was is it actually fair tho? I'm sure she made it fair & square but I can't recall another year or team where an injured member has suited up for stands only. Just trying to spark a healthy discussion on this because I'm sure this isn't the first or last(although I'd hope it is) instance we'll see of this in the HBCU dance world.

I can’t imagine them letting her on the team without her performing full out and hiding her injury. They most likely thought she’d heal and then realized she wouldn’t be 100% at any point this season. Here’s my view on it:

Im glad they let her complete her 4th rip, but I would not be a fan of seeing this situation again. Give another girl a chance. 

HeartOfADancer said:

Alright! Before this goes left speaking of former Dolls and their ventures outside of Doll life...

Is it fair to go on and assess this Taneria situation we kept hushing people on all season. I can't remember who but I know someone was upset about her making it again but not being able to perform. Now that she has returned and it appears she's limited to stands only, how do you guys feel? I'm glad to still have her presence and energy on the squad & I love seeing the ladies complete that 4th rip that seems so hard to accomplish lately with the drama! I just wonder if this was her prognosis all along or if she was expected to make a full return and her injury just  hasn't allowed her to. Even if her Doll days and duties are limited, I hate to see a dancer down. Doll isn't the end of the dance road. I hope whatever is ailing her eventually becomes a full recovery and she may dance at 100% again. 

I think the question posed by the other member was is it actually fair tho? I'm sure she made it fair & square but I can't recall another year or team where an injured member has suited up for stands only. Just trying to spark a healthy discussion on this because I'm sure this isn't the first or last(although I'd hope it is) instance we'll see of this in the HBCU dance world.

I'm giving this some grace, purely on the assumption that no one (Taneria, included) knew how badly she'd be injured going into this season. But nothing she's done in the stands has warranted her being there and she completely soured me on her as a performer by the end of last season, anyway.

...and the fact that it's so bad that she couldn't even pull through to perform at the 50th anniversary homecoming game? BIG yikes.

She absolutely should not have been on the team this year.

HeartOfADancer said:

Omg I didn't even notice Taneria hasn't been on the field! 

nsuking2005 said:

I'm giving this some grace, purely on the assumption that no one (Taneria, included) knew how badly she'd be injured going into this season. But nothing she's done in the stands has warranted her being there and she completely soured me on her as a performer by the end of last season, anyway.

...and the fact that it's so bad that she couldn't even pull through to perform at the 50th anniversary homecoming game? BIG yikes.

She absolutely should not have been on the team this year.

HeartOfADancer said:

Im watching old videos on youtube and it's amazing to see that some of these Doll counts are 30yrs old. I had no idea the counts and the music from the band goes back that far.

Great dialogue guys! Please start a new thread. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service