How do y’all feel about the game vs La Tech?

Views: 11828

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I honestly don’t get the Stingettes comparison. In my opinion, they have never looked like them and I love the Stingettes! Last year they definitely amped up the dramatics and modernized the count book but, it was loooong over due! I think it was such a drastic change, a lot of old heads had a hard time adjusting to it. But I was and still is here for it.

Gabby is doing fine, I’m looking forward to her utilizing that extensive count book they have now and getting into a grove.

Jordan attended Leflore High School, which is located in Montgomery, and she was the captain of the team. When I saw them, they were doing Stingette counts. Danielle danced for and coached the Pantherettes; we know the Pantherettes do Stingette counts, too. The Stingette flair and influence were definitely there. 

They're using the new counts from last year and execution makes all of the difference. 

Truth_Serum said:

I honestly don’t get the Stingettes comparison. In my opinion, they have never looked like them and I love the Stingettes! Last year they definitely amped up the dramatics and modernized the count book but, it was loooong over due! I think it was such a drastic change, a lot of old heads had a hard time adjusting to it. But I was and still is here for it.

Gabby is doing fine, I’m looking forward to her utilizing that extensive count book they have now and getting into a grove.

*personal preference makes all the difference..  shrugs... She most certainly isn’t executing better than Dani.  I digress..  
P.H. said:

Jordan attended Leflore High School, which is located in Montgomery, and she was the captain of the team. When I saw them, they were doing Stingette counts. Danielle danced for and coached the Pantherettes; we know the Pantherettes do Stingette counts, too. The Stingette flair and influence were definitely there. 

They're using the new counts from last year and execution makes all of the difference. 

Truth_Serum said:

CORRECTION , Jordan danced WITH Lefore HIGH out OF MOBILE Alabama AND the CAPTAIN of THE team !
WAS

You responded, so I gave you context. You don't have to agree, but I'd say you're definitely in the minority if you didn't see the Stingette flair and influence in Danielle or Jordan. Additionally, I certainly didn't state anything about better or worse, I specifically stated the execution of the counts from Gaybrielle doesn't give a Stingette flair. 

You're right. If you don't think she's doing better than Danielle, that's certainly a personal preference. *Personal preference makes all the difference.

Truth_Serum said:

*personal preference makes all the difference..  shrugs... She most certainly isn’t executing better than Dani.  I digress..  
P.H. said:

Truth_Serum said:

Fair enough ...  FYI, I was referring to catch on/ stands execution only!

As was I.

Truth_Serum said:

Fair enough ...  FYI, I was referring to catch on/ stands execution only!

I like the old school-new school doll blend that Gabby is giving in the stands. I never came on here publicly and bashed her but I did have my doubts just like others. Lets just say Gabby shut me up real quick LMAO. I didn't like the sky view of the field show but once I watched it from another angle it looked way better. My eyes were on Kaylon the the whole time & even Taylor. Taylor definitely has been working on her energy!!

Here are my two cents: 

Gabby is doing well!! I’m loving her count selection. She threw about 3 new counts, and I loved them. They were very feminine and prissy with a dash of that ‘17 flair! She’s continuing what her mama started but in a more bougie way. I’m getting Connor, Danielle Linkford, and Danielle Stamper vibes from her! I do see some of the Kayla Smith comparisons, but she’s light years better than Smith. She still needs to work on the stands; it was one song where she stopped performing in the middle, and she does a lot of repeating. She needs to dig into the count book from ‘16 and ‘17 because there are plenty from those years. Hell, ‘15 has some good counts too. I’m enjoying her more than KP, though. 

The fieldshow was good. I think it’s a continuation of the ‘17 energy with a little more complexity. But Micah strutted the hell out of that sideline during halftime. 

As for Taneria, I’m seeing that she’s a little extra, but it’s not Jordan or Seaera. She’s not painful to watch like Jordan, and she has form for the Gawds that we didn’t see in Seaera when she was in the zone. Maybe, Gabby’s softer approach is naturally highlighting Taneria’s “overdoing.”

I’m going to puke with these Stingettes comparison. The Stingettes is a carbon copied mixture of the Settes and Dolls, which created a soft and jazzy bucking style for them. The Dolls’ revamp from the last two seasons had given them the pizzaz they so desperately needed!! I agree that the change was too much to take, but the Dolls was on top repeatedly by far. Every week, my wig was gone, and we all were on our seats due to the suspense.

And whoever said that Dannie came into herself at ‘16 Homecoming has a bad memory. Lol. She made me a believer during the Crankfest with JSU. She brought so much during that performance. Hell, she came out the gate fucking shit up at Queen City. I think Gabby may come out the gate swinging next weekend with A&M! 

Alicia, baby, I hope you and the others saw the pictures Dannie posted with and of Gabby! Did you mention that, girl?

Dannie is a Doll through and through! I’ve never gotten Stingettes from her. Energy during the execution of the new counts shouldn’t be synonymous to the Stingettes! Dannie channeled her inner DT, Seaera, and Traci Prince. Dannie was very traditional. She was definitely energetic, but she gave you a whole lot of femininity, puss, grace, and sex appeal. Shit, people were saying that she was too sexy at times. Again, the inconsistency of these threads is off. 

Jordan definitely channeled her inner Seaera! She was just too robotic. 

McKinley is way more Dolly. Hell, they even throw J Settes counts too, so with the comparison of McKinley and Dannie’s execution and eras, was she bringing some J Settes flair to the Dolls too? 

All of this right here!

BandJunkee said:

Dannie is a Doll through and through! I’ve never gotten Stingettes from her. Energy during the execution of the new counts shouldn’t be synonymous to the Stingettes! Dannie channeled her inner DT, Seaera, and Traci Prince. Dannie was very traditional. She was definitely energetic, but she gave you a whole lot of femininity, puss, grace, and sex appeal. Shit, people were saying that she was too sexy at times. Again, the inconsistency of these threads is off. 

Jordan definitely channeled her inner Seaera! She was just too robotic. 

McKinley is way more Dolly. Hell, they even throw J Settes counts too, so with the comparison of McKinley and Dannie’s execution and eras, was she bringing some J Settes flair to the Dolls too? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service