Views: 21003

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Davique was a Rockets power dancer she was also a captain on that squad in 05 or 06

SUAlum11 said:

Several Dolls have been Saintsations, Chauncey Pelican Dancer, Davique was Atlanta Hawks Dancer, Somebody was a Houston Rockets dancer cant remember who but it will come to mind.

Mika Smith said:

New or old. Like I love the Stingettes too, and I've noticed they seem to do more with dance after college. For example, Lashanae just made it as a dancer for the Cavs. Things like that as-well as what you've mentioned about Kiki Ely. Just wondered how many Dolls have continued to seriously dance.

GAPeach said:

Newer dolls? I don’t think so, most just hold dance classes here and there. I know some older dolls have, like Kiki Ely. She has the AtlLa Takeova Enterprises and Studios and choreographs for some people. Btw, I went on her IG to confirm and Kiki is simply gorgeous. 

Mika Smith said:

Has any doll besides Jeanne went on to open a dance studio or dance professionally?

Ok well I knew she was NBA dancer, thought it was Hawks but somebody was a Hawks dancer too. I just have them confused

Marcus said:

Davique was a Rockets power dancer she was also a captain on that squad in 05 or 06

SUAlum11 said:

Several Dolls have been Saintsations, Chauncey Pelican Dancer, Davique was Atlanta Hawks Dancer, Somebody was a Houston Rockets dancer cant remember who but it will come to mind.

Mika Smith said:

New or old. Like I love the Stingettes too, and I've noticed they seem to do more with dance after college. For example, Lashanae just made it as a dancer for the Cavs. Things like that as-well as what you've mentioned about Kiki Ely. Just wondered how many Dolls have continued to seriously dance.

GAPeach said:

Newer dolls? I don’t think so, most just hold dance classes here and there. I know some older dolls have, like Kiki Ely. She has the AtlLa Takeova Enterprises and Studios and choreographs for some people. Btw, I went on her IG to confirm and Kiki is simply gorgeous. 

Mika Smith said:

Has any doll besides Jeanne went on to open a dance studio or dance professionally?

Hello Everyone, I finally decided to join BandHead and not just “watch/lurk” anymore. I’ve been an on and off SU Dancing Dolls fan since ‘98....apologize for the inconsistency...lol. But, anyway I think Brittny Smith from ‘02 was a Houston Rockets dancer and work on Color Purple. But Traci Price has done a lot of work and Kiki Ely (She choreograph “Drumline”); which put many HBCU’s bands and dancers back in mainstream talk. 

Oh...I’ve been enjoying the conversation for the past few threads....glad the negatively was removed. 

Yeah Brittny and I are cool and have mutual friends in the dance world. She’s done a lot, including Step Afrika! In DC. She’s about to tour with Dreamgirls in Asia after closing a regional show of the Color Purple. (She definitely has vocal chops) 

A larger number or HBCU dancers aren’t technically trained at the level to aggressively go after a dance career. ASU has an established dance program. PV and NCAT have technical teams that draw technical dancers who also want to do HBCU style. And then a large number don’t want to dance professionally. Trust me, it’s a hard career that often doesn’t pan out. Many have a great 4 years and go on to build successful careers elsewhere. 

Precious said:

Hello Everyone, I finally decided to join BandHead and not just “watch/lurk” anymore. I’ve been an on and off SU Dancing Dolls fan since ‘98....apologize for the inconsistency...lol. But, anyway I think Brittny Smith from ‘02 was a Houston Rockets dancer and work on Color Purple. But Traci Price has done a lot of work and Kiki Ely (She choreograph “Drumline”); which put many HBCU’s bands and dancers back in mainstream talk. 

Oh...I’ve been enjoying the conversation for the past few threads....glad the negatively was removed. 

That’s cool...glad she knows/understands her gift and moving in it. I definitely understand that industry. But, that’s why Dancing Dolls are the top HBCU dance team because most of their dancers are technically trained and many have continued their dance career after college. 

Drammy04 said:

Yeah Brittny and I are cool and have mutual friends in the dance world. She’s done a lot, including Step Afrika! In DC. She’s about to tour with Dreamgirls in Asia after closing a regional show of the Color Purple. (She definitely has vocal chops) 

A larger number or HBCU dancers aren’t technically trained at the level to aggressively go after a dance career. ASU has an established dance program. PV and NCAT have technical teams that draw technical dancers who also want to do HBCU style. And then a large number don’t want to dance professionally. Trust me, it’s a hard career that often doesn’t pan out. Many have a great 4 years and go on to build successful careers elsewhere. 

Precious said:

I don’t know any that’s been a DCC but I do remember one of SU cheerleaders trying out but I don’t think she made it. I can’t remember her name....(I’m slightly telling my age...she was the cheerleader from the College Hill reality TV show....she also appeared on DCC reality show). 

GAPeach said:

Have any of the Dolls ever been a DCC?

Wasn’t that in like 02? I know that was a fun time to be at Southern lol Could you imagine if a doll did that show? I know it would never happen but still. 

Precious said:

I don’t know any that’s been a DCC but I do remember one of SU cheerleaders trying out but I don’t think she made it. I can’t remember her name....(I’m slightly telling my age...she was the cheerleader from the College Hill reality TV show....she also appeared on DCC reality show). 

GAPeach said:

Have any of the Dolls ever been a DCC?

Hey guys! Have the dolls ever done duo counts in stands before?? like arms touching another dolls arm or hand or back to back?? I was just up thinking of new things I would like to see from the dolls. Let me know if they have or not. I posted a clip from bring it on and its a small example of what I am talking about. Skip to :30 when gabrielle union and shamari are like back to back punching the air kind of 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKxjmc3tDRM

I don’t believe so. The closest they’ve gotten to that would be their stand routine to the Weekend. It’s an interesting concept though. A concept I’d love to see is the girls completing each other’s 16 counts in individuals this year. One girl does the first 8 counts and the other girl comes in on the 7th/8th count and finishes it out. 

TheStandJudge said:

Hey guys! Have the dolls ever done duo counts in stands before?? like arms touching another dolls arm or hand or back to back?? I was just up thinking of new things I would like to see from the dolls. Let me know if they have or not. I posted a clip from bring it on and its a small example of what I am talking about. Skip to :30 when gabrielle union and shamari are like back to back punching the air kind of 

Agreed. I thought that was cool. 

Jackson said:

I don’t believe so. The closest they’ve gotten to that would be their stand routine to the Weekend. It’s an interesting concept though. A concept I’d love to see is the girls completing each other’s 16 counts in individuals this year. One girl does the first 8 counts and the other girl comes in on the 7th/8th count and finishes it out. 

TheStandJudge said:

Yeah I would love to see that in the stands!! I know the dolls could pull I’ll it off just right!!! Just thinking of some new things I would like to see. 

Oh like MCK Pantherettes. I've seen them do that before. It's a cool concept.

Jackson said:

TheStandJudge said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service