The Funk Train rides to Austin for PASIC

Congratulations to percussion instructor Darryl Singleton and the Texas Southern University "Funk Train" Drumline for becoming the first showstyle drumline to actually compete in this year's PASIC Marching Percussion Festival in Austin on November 1st. BCU's "Sudden Impact" was the first to showcase their drumming style for EXHIBITION purposes in PASIC, not competition.

Performing in PASIC is not only a privledge, but also an HONOR. The Percussive Arts Society, as we all know, is an exclusive international club where it focuses on ALL areas in percussion as not just an instrument, but also an art form and a culture. As an alum of drumlines in both showstyle and drum corps, I can say that I had an amazing experience and a great time in PASIC in 2000 here in Dallas. Everyone that becomes members and goes to them will do the same.

Congrats again, Funk Train! Hope you guys do well. The PAS is in for a very funky joyride. All aboard...

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thanks for that update man.. WTTD FT!   ..

• I just found this out on the Ocean Facebook page last night, too! This is a HUGE step for the FT and the Ocean of Soul in general...

• cool

• Yep , its true.... I will be there!

This reply was deleted.