A little over a week left until auditions and the other thread is all but dead. So what are your hopes and expectations for this year’s squad? From uniforms, field show and captain. 

Views: 25966

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

lol @ nasty gliding. That would be hot to see them give a little something new this season. Guess we gotta wait and see what lil mamma bring to the table. I'm excited to see her up front. 

justDANCE said:

I believe its a combination of all the practice/game day in front of a bunch of eyes, being in front of cameras constantly in this area, mixed in with their personalities, etc. They've done it so much now its literally nothing now for them being in front the camera, especially in this day and age.

SIDE NOTE:

yall we can debate on this if need be, but one area I think could use some revamping or adding to for the Stings, is the PARADES routines. I would love to see new updates routines mixed in with the old material they already have. 

Now the Stingettes excite me just walking down the street, but some old NASTY gliding and some new parade routines won't hurt at all lol

Mika Smith said:

I watched the clinic thing they did with the Dolls, and I wonder who teaches the girls performance confidence? They all eye the camera in such a confident and seductive way, which is probably part of their signature, but I'm just curious to who introduced that and who keeps it going? It really makes them stand out as team.

Honestly, as a dancer and a teacher, you just have IT. It’s not really teachable, TRUST ME I have tried. And some have it more than others and a smaller number have the entire package. It is what it is. Same as some people are super intelligent, magnificent chefs or can sang the house down. It’s a gift. 

What I'm saying about them is that other squads don't seem to have that particular type of sex appeal and confidence that all the stingettes seem to have. They really eye the camera and make it as if they are putting on an intimate type performance, and they all seem to have that performance quality. 

Kayla Pittman would kind of give that vibe, and eye the camera, but it's just a particular way that I've noticed the Stingettes perform, as if that type of confidence is instilled heavily in them.

True it cannot be taught. My lil cousin is a straight A student and we’ll mannered young lady but when she dances she’s a savage she attends Mcmain, Jeanne & Derrion are their coaches and they have these girls rolling.

It’s still presence and sex appeal. They can give you tips to amplify and polish it, but those girls show up to auditions with it or I can bet they were cut. The confidence gets a boost definitely once selected as well. Oh and a lot of individual practice in the mirror. I do feel it’s natural but also a skill/art form that needs practice.

Mika Smith said:

What I'm saying about them is that other squads don't seem to have that particular type of sex appeal and confidence that all the stingettes seem to have. They really eye the camera and make it as if they are putting on an intimate type performance, and they all seem to have that performance quality. 

Kayla Pittman would kind of give that vibe, and eye the camera, but it's just a particular way that I've noticed the Stingettes perform, as if that type of confidence is instilled heavily in them.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service