This tuba mouthpiece is just rediculous. Anyone know what it is?

Just look at it!

Views: 3135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, them Denis Wicks are pretty good. I've looked at the measurements and they're open as hell.

spencer drummer said:

It's an ortiz it ain't worth it bruh trust me Denis wicks are the shit 

I think that's a Monette 98. Wilshawn played on one if you remember when he would chill at Ely. The Monette is pretty loud, you can really project, but this dude was telling me how the MF3 has a fuller sound.

I Bleed Orange And Green said:

With Monettes you need to change your posture in how you play. If you dont, the mouthpiece will not work properly.

Rob said:

I think that's a Monette 98. Wilshawn played on one if you remember when he would chill at Ely. The Monette is pretty loud, you can really project, but this dude was telling me how the MF3 has a fuller sound.

Yea they are huge I just got the 1L in Friday and it's crazy I have my Sousa at the house but Ina order the XL next week but yea the wicks are for projection and fullness I compared it to my mf3 not only is it deeper it's wider man it makes no sense lol it just takes some getting use to at first because of it's size 

Rob said:

Yeah, them Denis Wicks are pretty good. I've looked at the measurements and they're open as hell.

spencer drummer said:

Just realized somethings I've been playing on the Denis wick but I just got my old mike Finn 3 out and ain't nothin like that damn mike Finn does anyone else have one

spencer drummer said:
Were you at the Florida classic

Spasm said:
All in want to know is how Miller Grove tubas get that sound.

spencer drummer said:
Lol I know rite but it's a polish called brasso when your mouthpiece starts to tarnish or turn black put the polish on the and your mp will look brand new but scrub it off with a towel it t shirt

Aint nothing like a shiny mouthpiece....

say mayne i go with a helleberg and i think that it is a superior mouthpiece with lots of support in the upper register so if ur thinkin bout gettin a mpc go wit da helleberg

spencer drummer said:

the monette for tuba is one heck of a mpc but in my opinion it was very temperamental.  after a long parade my posture would start to weaken and thus my sound did as i got tired.  but overall those things can project really well.  another thing is that you really need to break yourself into the mouthpiece and keep up your practicing with the monette so that you can maintain the level of clarity.  my 2 cents.

That gold plated soda can look nice! I got a Mike Finn and I would agree that its a good mouthpiece, but its the player behind the mouthpiece that really matters. I see people getting good results from the denis wick, which model would anyone recommend?

1L or the 4L

When you get on the Denis Wick website you'll see something about heritage style and classic style. They are the sam sizes, but the classic style mouthpieces are cheaper.

Classic Style : 

Heritage Style : 

Same size mouthpiece..different style.

Raymond Baker said:

That gold plated soda can look nice! I got a Mike Finn and I would agree that its a good mouthpiece, but its the player behind the mouthpiece that really matters. I see people getting good results from the denis wick, which model would anyone recommend?
Whatst he difference between the 1L and 4L?

Orange And Green said:

1L or the 4L

When you get on the Denis Wick website you'll see something about heritage style and classic style. They are the sam sizes, but the classic style mouthpieces are cheaper.

Classic Style : 

Heritage Style : 

Raymond Baker said:

do NOT get the 4L i got it and its really just a big bass trombone mouthpiece.........good for highs but lows are hard to get out.

Raymond Baker said:
Whatst he difference between the 1L and 4L?

Orange And Green said:

1L or the 4L

Classic Style : 

Heritage Style : 

Raymond Baker said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service