Tipitina's BOTB 2012 St. vs O.P. Walker. Who yall think took the W?

this was the 4th time they saw each other this year.

Views: 1646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lolololol: mlmkwm, it really was a total of six battles, but walker took their L for two out of the six battles, without making an excuse
mlmkwm said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The "Laws of physics"? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you might need to show your work on this one, bruh. LOL!!! Anyways, Walker got this battle as it seemed, from the video, that St. Aug wasn't expecting Walker to come with something different. Both bands sound good, but we've heard the same songs from St. Aug for the last three battles. Honestly, I thought St. Aug would play some of the other songs in their book, but they didn't and Walker did. Consequently, Walker takes the win easily. The fact that Walker is preparing for an ATL Jamboree, which is a BOTB, while STA is preparing for a concert does give Walker a slight advantage. However, the crowd doesn't care about excuses. Walker was the more entertaining band with the more refreshing song selections--at least speaking for the bandhead community. @Chocolateboi82 If the majority of people, including Walker alumni, say STA won 3 of the last 4 meetings that usually means that they (STA) won 3 out of 4 battles. Lets start with simple math 1st before jumping to the hard stuff. LOL!!! (Just kidding man)

Chocolateboi82 said:

Lolol, lets go back to school. How many ppl on here understands the Laws of physics? Im saying this to say Thanksgiving Day battle Walker vs St Aug, St Aug position was faced towards the super dome, walker was placed under the overpass, now anyone who is from NO and who jas marched in the band and have dis several parades understand that on St Charles under the bridge when anyband play what happens to the sound especially if they are blowing, the sound is going to fill up the entire area under the bridge as well as projecting forward, now for all you walker haters st aug was facing the dome a solid structure all of their sound was hitting the wall and bouncing off to the direction of poydrus street St Aug only won or can calm the W for two battles out of the total sixy battles
ShoNuf514 said:

You can't say with the right song selection Walker is better, because had St. Aug. come out with different songs this could have been different. You are taking one battle in which one band practice for and learned new songs, and the other didn't and trying to forget the rest of the year. St. Aug. won three battles and a 1st place trophy in a parade over Walker. In which Walker came in 3rd behind Roots (Great job Roots).  With that said THIS battle was won by Walker, but the war was won by St. Aug.

Bandhead06 said:

So iguess walker back on top. With these two programs, u never kno any given battle, but proved my point With the right song selection OP is better than St. Aug. Shaw wouldnt have stood a chance in front this lol

I don't usually comment on high school battles, but here it is. At the end of every NFL season there is a pro bowl. Do you folks really believe the NFL players really prepare for this game like the regular season games are even the playoffs? They are there just for the experience and to pick up an extra check. (Which Tipitina's generously gave both schools.)

St. Aug is in concert and jazz ensemble mode, seniors are taking final exams and ready for the next stage of their lives.That being said, Walker will win this so-called "battle" at this time of the year, every year. Therefore, when this so-called "battle" is held again next year, at this time of the year, chances are that the result will probably be the same. Have a good and productive summer!!!!

It's a Battle because Tipitina's said it was a battle, it was on the flyer that way. 

i believe everyone from both schools knew what the outcome would be prior to showing up..St Aug has their Concert Event coming up. Walker is going to a BOTB in Georgia so no doubt the focus s different, but it's not unfair to judge based on Known circumstances. The Spectators who aren't familiar with those situations wouldn't have a clue though.

IMO Both bands were Prepared to Face each other.

TruckSU89 said:

I don't usually comment on high school battles, but here it is. At the end of every NFL season there is a pro bowl. Do you folks really believe the NFL players really prepare for this game like the regular season games are even the playoffs? They are there just for the experience and to pick up an extra check. (Which Tipitina's generously gave both schools.)

St. Aug is in concert and jazz ensemble mode, seniors are taking final exams and ready for the next stage of their lives.That being said, Walker will win this so-called "battle" at this time of the year, every year. Therefore, when this so-called "battle" is held again next year, at this time of the year, chances are that the result will probably be the same. Have a good and productive summer!!!!

Well then maybe you should continue to avoid commenting on High school battles while you at it avoid making comments period, I guess St Aug is the only High School with graduating seniors, Walker have a marching, jazz, and concert band when they return from ATL they will perform the Annual Spring concert and senior award ceremony, TruckSU you are wrong for making a dumb comment like you did.

TruckSU89 said:

P.S. Our concert ensemble dosent play war, and do whatcha you wanna as concert pieces neither, like St Aug do.
Chocolateboi82 said:
Well then maybe you should continue to avoid commenting on High school battles while you at it avoid making comments period, I guess St Aug is the only High School with graduating seniors, Walker have a marching, jazz, and concert band when they return from ATL they will perform the Annual Spring concert and senior award ceremony, TruckSU you are wrong for making a dumb comment like you did.

TruckSU89 said:

Chocolateboi82, relax, you seem to be uptight  over a battle that everyone (including myself) said you won. Your band obviously worked hard for this May battle. No need for the minor insults, jabs at the concert band. Walker got the W. Be happy with it. Good luck in ATL.

this battle Walker got the W... they didn't just destroy St.Aug by a long shot, but they did come out on top. Great showing by both bands.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service