Top 10 Ways To Annoy Your Drum Major

10. Listen intently to his instructions. Do exactly the opposite. Insist that that was what he said to begin with.9. Empty spit exactly in the spot where he steps down from the podium. Get the entire brass section to do this. Often.8. Harass the cheerleaders. Blame the comments on the drum major.7. Invent your own tempo. Stick to your guns, no matter how big his beats are or how much he glares at you.6. "Confess" to your band director that you just can't follow such bad conducting and obscured beats.5. Drop vital instrument parts during drill (this includes bells, mouthpieces, foot joints, slides, etc.).4. Wait until he's just finished an hour of basics reviewing. "Forget" to step off on your left foot. Repeatedly.3. Whenever you see him trying to find his tempo, immediately start singing, playing, or tapping your foot loudly and out of tempo. Annoyingly infectious songs or songs in a completely different meter are especially effective.2. Wait until the busses have left before looking surprised and announcing loudly, "No one told us to take our uniforms off the bus, too!" or "You mean they aren't coming back to unload the instruments?!" These actions are best performed by at least three people for maximum chaos.1. In your sweetest and most respectful voice, ask him, "As God, why can't you make our team win a game?" Look serious. Expect an answer. Wait for one.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• So evil...
  • sooo basically u want me 2 screw up big time nd get killed 4 it.lmao
  • lmao. dhats funny.

K.O.W (Tbone 4 Life) said:
    sooo basically u want me 2 screw up big time nd get killed 4 it.lmao
    10. Listen intently to his instructions. Do exactly the opposite. Insist that that was what he said to begin with. 9. Empty spit exactly in the spot…
  • Nice!
  • hell naw,,dats gon make u get put out da band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • THOSE ARE ABSOLUTELY WHATS WRONG WITH BAND PROGRAMS NOW....DUMMY'S!!!!! PART OF THE TEAR-IT-UP CLUB!!!!(THANKS J-STATE'99) BUT SERIOUSLY THIS IS WHATS WRONG WITH BAND PROGRAMS WHY WASTE PRODUCTIVE BAND TIME WITH THIS IGNORANCE WHY MAKE A POST FOR THIS.. OH LET ME GUESS JUST IN GOOD FUN FOR A LAUGH DIS $ HIT WAS/IS WAIST OF A POST.. MAYBE THIS IS WHY SIAC SCHOOLS AND THESE BLACK COLLEGE BANDS THATS SLAW EVEN SWAC BANDS THAT SLAW ARE SLAW CUZ OF NINJAS LIKE HAIL PRIDE IN THE BAND AND FOR THE RECORD THIS POST DOESNT DISPLAY PRIDE AT ALL FAM
  • Now I know why yall always lose the Florida Classic lol j/k
  • Jerren chill out you doin too much, this was funny... If anyone takes this serious then they are obviously a lil' slow... *hint hint*
  • I've seen t-shirts at music conventions that have said similar...I thought it was funny.

Now...if you have people in your band doing these things in real life on purpose, then you have a recipe for SLAW...
  • yeah same wit me we dont talk AT ALL WHEN OUR BD IS TALKING cuz well die lol all those will get me killed

T.Jean; said:
    lmao. dhats funny.

K.O.W (Tbone 4 Life) said:
    sooo basically u want me 2 screw up big time nd get killed 4 it.lmao
    10. Listen intently to his instructions. Do exactly the opposite. Insist that that was what he said to begin with. 9. Empty spit exactly in the spot…
This reply was deleted.