TXSU Motion

What did yout guys think about the motions this past season???? I truly miss the 2017 - 2018 squad

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Highly disappointing, especially because Kera (captain) was very good on the field prior to becoming captain. With a year under Kenya and 2 years under Mikaela, I expected a lot more. I feel like this past season was doomed before it even began. Likely due to Jermani’s unexpected departure as coach. I expect this year to be a huge turn around. 

• Disappointing. Comparing it the previous seasons under Jermani, it was just blah...and Kera really was capable of so much more as a captain, and the squad itself was full of more talent than they’ve had in the past so how they weren’t able to make that work is BEYOND me, but I digress

This season rookie class is another talented group of ladies, most of which are already familiar with the Motion style which should work in their favor. Glad to see Semaya back.

As far as captain goes. Alia and Kaelyn have been with the high school camp this week so I’m pretty sure it out of one of them. I’m hoping it goes to Alia, she has that classic old school motion vibe and the squad look much better with her leading in the spring. However kaelyn wouldn’t be a bad choice either, don’t know if she’s quite ready for a leadership role. Maybe co-captain if they decide to bring that system back.
  • Whatever happened to Semaya; I know she was apart of the team but then I never saw her perform. Did she have to sit out because of an injury, did she quit, will she audition again? 

• She’s back she made the squad for 2019 

ChicoVigillante said:

Whatever happened to Semaya; I know she was apart of the team but then I never saw her perform. Did she have to sit out because of an injury, did she quit, will she audition again? 

TXSU Motion
    What did yout guys think about the motions this past season???? I truly miss the 2017 - 2018 squad
  • Thank You 

Nastacia Chun Li De Sousa said:

She’s back she made the squad for 2019 

ChicoVigillante said:

Whatever happened to Semaya; I know she was apart of the team but then I never saw her perform. Did she have to sit out because of an injury, did she quit, will she audition again? 

TXSU Motion
  • I was in complete shocked on how Kera season went. I truly miss Mikaela, it is really sad she didn't come back. I wish i new what went down.

Tristan Parson said:

Highly disappointing, especially because Kera (captain) was very good on the field prior to becoming captain. With a year under Kenya and 2 years under Mikaela, I expected a lot more. I feel like this past season was doomed before it even began. Likely due to Jermani’s unexpected departure as coach. I expect this year to be a huge turn around. 

TXSU Motion
  • That's great to hear!

Nastacia Chun Li De Sousa said:

She’s back she made the squad for 2019 

ChicoVigillante said:

TXSU Motion
  • In total agreement with Alia being the choice for Captain, she does have that classic Motion vibe and didn't look bad leading at all. In regards to Kaelyn, lil mama is a beast but she does need that extra year. Motion has talent our of the ass this year and hopefully capitalize on it and have a big season... I've told them before numerous times viewers look to laugh at you before they praise you

Raquel (Rocki) said:

Disappointing. Comparing it the previous seasons under Jermani, it was just blah...and Kera really was capable of so much more as a captain, and the squad itself was full of more talent than they’ve had in the past so how they weren’t able to make that work is BEYOND me, but I digress

This season rookie class is another talented group of ladies, most of which are already familiar with the Motion style which should work in their favor. Glad to see Semaya back.

As far as captain goes. Alia and Kaelyn have been with the high school camp this week so I’m pretty sure it out of one of them. I’m hoping it goes to Alia, she has that classic old school motion vibe and the squad look much better with her leading in the spring. However kaelyn wouldn’t be a bad choice either, don’t know if she’s quite ready for a leadership role. Maybe co-captain if they decide to bring that system back.
    TXSU Motion
  • Last year was a another year down the drain. Jermani added a lot of what was needed for Motion, from visuals to dance and stand routines. Incorporating blue units during the Alabama St. game and the tan/maroon units for the Endymion parade then fast forward to last season and they just didn’t compare. Field shows were a bore but stands actually weren’t too bad, they were just sloppy and lacked execution, which is common for this danceline. The SWAC is going to give them hell if they don’t step it up.
  • Things are looking up

This reply was deleted.