In the beginning, Valley used to be +200 strong. Then everything changed when Torregano took over in 2003. Since then up to now, many individuals have come to an unwritten code that whenever they hear about MVSU being a good and/or decent band, the SWAC's response can easily be summarized in a single picture.

From 2003 to recent many bands once considered Valley to be a bottom, earning them the nickname "Doormat of the SWAC." But as of late the baby sibling, who was once picked on by everyone of it's older siblings, decided that enough was enough. This year has been a sign that those things could possibly change. I say possibly because things do change from year to year and I don't want to be wrong when things are uncertain for the moment. Valley changed directors in 2012 and since then, have made strides to improving the band program. So with that bit of information, I will be posting a video for each year to show how much they have improved from such the fall of 2004.

But first, lets look at some Tramiel era footage, for old-times sake.

Now let's go forward into the new millennium. Years are skipped because of lack of footage.

2010-The year I attended. (I was embarrassed as hell at this game)

2011- (First Game)

2012- The year T left. (First Game)

Notice a change in the sound?

2013-(First Game)

Again, the band world commends MVSU for coming this far from the bottom. But remember, there is a LOT to do and a long way to go. As usual send your opinions and responses below.

Tags: mvsu, swac, valley

Views: 1036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ditto! FAMU ain't nothing but a "big time" high school band this year.

Eric said:

I wouldn't include FAMU in the big 5 anymore, pencil in NC A&T or maybe Alabama State or South Carolina State.

Tiffani said:

Please don't attack me Kennis, Im not a hater of valley, I just don't think they have paid their dues of working hard and being a contender as one of the big 5.  (SU,JSU, BC, Tenn State & FAMU)  Valley is just valley the green and white band. 

I'm sorry, but I have a really hard time believing that you aren't just being a hater right now. How is it that I see you down-talking Valley on every single thread we're in? I don't think it's just happenstance, Yes, I just used the word, "happenstance".

Tiffani said:

Please don't attack me Kennis, Im not a hater of valley, I just don't think they have paid their dues of working hard and being a contender as one of the big 5.  (SU,JSU, BC, Tenn State & FAMU)  Valley is just valley the green and white band. 

kennis said:

Enrollment has dropped, but idk about the trying to be SU part u bout only person I've heard that from, on every valley post u ha nothing good to say I think you are now officially a hater if you don't like valley stop looking up their videos and post stick to your band program

Some of yall are on some straight bullshit! I don't give a fuck about Valley ... never have and probably never will, but for anyone to look at the 2013 clips and say Valley isn't any better THIS year than the have been in the past DECADE ... well, let's just say that person might be smoking something. Also, I don't see anything SU about Valley. If playing loud makes a band SU-like, then every ban in 2013 wants to be SU (minus A&M). 

su doesnt play loud but if you say so then so be it...

Just two corrections. The video under 2008 was definitely from either 01 or 02 (Mr. Milton & Mr. Crawford were the directors for that little period) against TnSu at the ultimate in Memphis & Chief was band director until 05

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Marchingsport.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service