Views: 2392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But Im going to go on ahead and say this, The most important thing of all about this event is that the kids from all of the participating schools enjoyed themselves, fellow bandheads I dnt want you guys to turn this in a war, because behind the scenes of what you dnt know is that on friday night before the day of the battle, the kids for all of the schools along with the directors fellowshipped at the MetroPlex, the kids hung together in the skating ring, their was a bowling comp, between the schools, Istruma and Walker band members had a full court basketball game, so all in all everyone had fun before and after the battle.

THANKS  B.MITCHELL & JAMEZ  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OPWs director has a lot of respect in the band world. True OPW had lots of issues music wise and thats only an issue when they win, but you have directors that would love to have Rawlins students head their direction... And dont expect a seasoned director to lose to newbies.

B-Tone Maestro said:

Not trying to start any mess in this thread but I heard the Judges voted Baker first but they already had the names on the trophy which OP was first. I also heard Istrouma was voted in the top 3.

Jarvis Carlisle said:

Yea IMO Baker had a slight edge over OPW they just wasn't a powerful as OPW but Baker were really clean and nice arrangements...the rest were good as well as hell...it was a 3 way tie and the end in which I thought Istrouma should have been one of those 3 instead of Beaumont Central

Thanks man, I've been trying to finish off my MBA and work 10 hours a day... so I havent had much free time to travel around in the last few years. But I had to check out Centrals first trip past LA lol. I've gotta make sure ALL bands get posted. Everytime an out of state band performs in GA, the GA bands are declared superior with plenty of clips. But no clips of the out of state bands they supposedly crushed. Or maybe its just me... I can be a bit imaginative at times.

TBoneSuave said:

Chris came back strong recording with this event.... hadn't seen your work in a minute lol

good work

Chris - Pinnacle of Hummanity... said:

First place shouldve gone to Baker, mayyyybe Central.

eehhhhhh it just depends. you're not too far fetched though. Thats the same with out of state bands coming to LA or any state like that.. see what happened when Shaw came and showed out against OP... nobody would put good clips up at first since it showed OP getting bested... either way. good work.

*side note*

is Showtimeweb.com making a comeback??? lol

Thanks man, I've been trying to finish off my MBA and work 10 hours a day... so I havent had much free time to travel around in the last few years. But I had to check out Centrals first trip past LA lol. I've gotta make sure ALL bands get posted. Everytime an out of state band performs in GA, the GA bands are declared superior with plenty of clips. But no clips of the out of state bands they supposedly crushed. Or maybe its just me... I can be a bit imaginative at times.

TBoneSuave said:

Chris came back strong recording with this event.... hadn't seen your work in a minute lol

good work

Oh I definitely agree with that statement..... LLI got in Tri-Cities ass at Pebblebrook and the smaller band from Alabama, J.O.Johnson definitely hung with Mays....

TBoneSuave said:

good work

This was bullshit.... They shuld have gotten other bands from Atlanta besides those... Like wtf ?!  Not a good repesentation for ATL bands at all 

Well said, It was an great experience for all the kids and clearly the students had a good time the whole trip!

Chocolateboi82 said:

But Im going to go on ahead and say this, The most important thing of all about this event is that the kids from all of the participating schools enjoyed themselves, fellow bandheads I dnt want you guys to turn this in a war, because behind the scenes of what you dnt know is that on friday night before the day of the battle, the kids for all of the schools along with the directors fellowshipped at the MetroPlex, the kids hung together in the skating ring, their was a bowling comp, between the schools, Istruma and Walker band members had a full court basketball game, so all in all everyone had fun before and after the battle.
What up Snipes
Professor Snipes said:
Lots of colleges will be there giving out scholarships!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service