I know this season started off kind of odd... But I haven't seen any threads about rankings critiques etc in regards to the SWAC/MEAC teams... so what are your thoughts

Keep it simple Stands Field Uniforms etc... No Bashing

Views: 3463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is What The Divas Of Olive Branch Dream of

dahill said:

Swim I see what you've done here...

SwimPHan said:

As an observer and somewhat new fan of the Dolls(circa 2011), I would like to see a list of The Dolls' accolades. I don't want to read of individual dolls' dance credits, but of the actual team. Thanks in advance.

Wait what happened!? lol

Yass! Ms. Dee come on. Bih you pulled this receipt in less than 10mins. You betts work! Love me a good ole nasty receipt*

Ms. Dee said....

Dee Roberts said:

Dancing Dolls Perform at Super Bowl with Madonna
Courtesy Robert Stewart, Baton Rouge Advocate
Southern University's dance team can thank YouTube for the experience of a lifetime.

The squad, known as the Dancing Dolls, performed in Sunday's Bridgestone Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show, one of the most renowned performances in entertainment, with Madonna, an international pop music icon.

Lawrence Jackson, Southern University's band director, said Madonna discovered the Dancing Dolls after watching a video of one of their performances on the popular streaming video website.

"It goes to show the power of YouTube," Jackson said with a laugh.

After three trips to New York to practice with Madonna, the Dancing Dolls finally got their chance to show the world their talents at halftime of a game that has drawn more than 100 million viewers the past two years.

Jackson said this performance is the first for the Dancing Dolls at the Super Bowl.

Kayla Smith, the Dolls' captain, said the Dolls felt perfectly comfortable right before they went on stage.

"Once (Madonna) did all her tricks in the show, we knew all we had to do was go out and do our best," Smith said in a telephone interview after the show. "We were on automatic."

Smith said Madonna told her that one of her personal trainers found the troupe while searching for dancers on YouTube.

Smith and another member, April Rollins, flew to New York in early December to meet Madonna.

"We thought we were actually going to be learning something, but when we got there, they wanted April and I to teach them something," Smith said. "We were like, ‘Oh wow, you want our choreography?'"

Smith said Madonna treated the Dancing Dolls with the utmost respect throughout the process.

"We are so privileged and knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity," she said.

The Southern University Band Department, which oversees the Dancing Dolls, will receive a payment for the Dolls' performance, Jackson said, but he declined to say how much the payment will be.

The Dolls normally have 11 members, but Madonna said she needed at least 20 dancers for the number, so the group pulled in nine more Southern students that they knew were good dancers, Southern University spokesman Edward Pratt said.

The 20 dancers made their way to the Big Apple in the second week of January, and 10 of them flew up last week before they all arrived in Indianapolis Tuesday night, Jackson said.

The Dolls practiced their portion of the halftime routine Tuesday before going through full dress rehearsals with the entire ensemble Wednesday and Thursday, Jackson said.

"(Madonna) believes in practicing for long hours at a time," Jackson said. "She likes to tweak things. She's a hands-on entertainer."

Jackson said Super Bowl halftime show representatives contacted him about possibly inviting the Dancing Dolls shortly after the State Farm Bayou Classic in November.

The university had to keep quiet about the performance because of a confidentiality agreement with the NFL, Pratt said.

"It was killing us," Pratt said. "This is an amazing event for our students, and we were bursting at the seams to try to say something."

James Rollins, April Rollins' father, was just as frustrated about keeping the secret.

He said his daughter finally told him she was performing at the Super Bowl after she had been flying back and forth from New York to work with Madonna.

"I wanted to tell my parents," James Rollins said. "My daughter's been dancing since she was 3 years old. Here she is dancing on the biggest stage, and I can't tell anybody."

Rollins said his daughter has told him many stories about Madonna's perfectionism and professionalism, as well as other famous people she has met.

"I can't even put it into words. I'm just elated for her because she's worked so hard for what she does," James Rollins said.

The fervor over the Dancing Dolls reached all the way to Southern's campus Sunday night when some students watched the performance as part of a Super Bowl party in the Royal Cotillion Ballroom of the Smith-Brown Memorial Student Union.

Southern's Student Government Association posted a blast on Twitter about the Dancing Dolls' halftime appearance only hours before the game started.

Students slowly trickled in during the first half, eventually filling about 80 seats in the room.

Cheers slowly emerged from the crowd as Madonna was first carried onto the stage by dancers dressed as if they starred in the movie "Troy."

Once the red-and-white adorned Dancing Dolls popped onto the screen with Madonna, the students erupted in jubilation.

Charissa Carroll, a 20-year-old chemistry and chemical engineering major, watched the performance in the ballroom with Keyandra Hall, a 21-year-old education student.

Both students said they knew some of the dancers, including April Rollins.

"(When they get back), I'll probably ask them, ‘Did you enjoy it? Was it fun? How was Madonna?'" Carroll said.

Southern Chancellor James Llorens said the Super Bowl halftime show invitation is a testament to the hard work and reputation of both the Dancing Dolls and Southern's marching band, the Human Jukebox, both nationally and internationally.

"They're a positive representative for the university, and we're excited about their talents being recognized," he said.

SwimPHan said:
As an observer and somewhat new fan of the Dolls(circa 2011), I would like to see a list of The Dolls' accolades. I don't want to read of individual dolls' dance credits, but of the actual team. Thanks in advance.
Thank you I mean it damn it you may had the best statement at the end of the day all these bands and dance squads putting in work and not one damn any of us on here are currently handling the work load they are I'm proud of all the programs. You really can't even judge until the end of the year. But Christopher one damn time for you!!! That's the point I want to get at, let's be honest there isn't one weak squad or band really in the swac every program has different ways to win!!!

Christopher said:

Play nice in the sand box kiddos.  There are really no squads in the swac that are looking bad.  They're all doing a fairly solid job in the stands and field.  Some have started out strong and are continuing to rise, and others are steadily improving.  I can't one squad out in the SWAC that isn't doing a solid job.  

Thank you. That's one...can I get the full list or am I asking for too much? :)

dahill said:

Yass! Ms. Dee come on. Bih you pulled this receipt in less than 10mins. You betts work! Love me a good ole nasty receipt*

Ms. Dee said....

Dee Roberts said:

Southern University's dance team can thank YouTube for the experience of a lifetime.

The squad, known as the Dancing Dolls, performed in Sunday's Bridgestone Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show, one of the most renowned performances in entertainment, with Madonna, an international pop music icon.

Lawrence Jackson, Southern University's band director, said Madonna discovered the Dancing Dolls after watching a video of one of their performances on the popular streaming video website.

After three trips to New York to practice with Madonna, the Dancing Dolls finally got their chance to show the world their talents at halftime of a game that has drawn more than 100 million viewers the past two years.

Jackson said this performance is the first for the Dancing Dolls at the Super Bowl.

Kayla Smith, the Dolls' captain, said the Dolls felt perfectly comfortable right before they went on stage.

"Once (Madonna) did all her tricks in the show, we knew all we had to do was go out and do our best," Smith said in a telephone interview after the show. "We were on automatic."

Smith said Madonna told her that one of her personal trainers found the troupe while searching for dancers on YouTube.

Smith and another member, April Rollins, flew to New York in early December to meet Madonna.

"We thought we were actually going to be learning something, but when we got there, they wanted April and I to teach them something," Smith said. "We were like, ‘Oh wow, you want our choreography?'"

Smith said Madonna treated the Dancing Dolls with the utmost respect throughout the process.

"We are so privileged and knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity," she said.

The Southern University Band Department, which oversees the Dancing Dolls, will receive a payment for the Dolls' performance, Jackson said, but he declined to say how much the payment will be.

The Dolls normally have 11 members, but Madonna said she needed at least 20 dancers for the number, so the group pulled in nine more Southern students that they knew were good dancers, Southern University spokesman Edward Pratt said.

The 20 dancers made their way to the Big Apple in the second week of January, and 10 of them flew up last week before they all arrived in Indianapolis Tuesday night, Jackson said.

The Dolls practiced their portion of the halftime routine Tuesday before going through full dress rehearsals with the entire ensemble Wednesday and Thursday, Jackson said.

"(Madonna) believes in practicing for long hours at a time," Jackson said. "She likes to tweak things. She's a hands-on entertainer."

Jackson said Super Bowl halftime show representatives contacted him about possibly inviting the Dancing Dolls shortly after the State Farm Bayou Classic in November.

The university had to keep quiet about the performance because of a confidentiality agreement with the NFL, Pratt said.

"It was killing us," Pratt said. "This is an amazing event for our students, and we were bursting at the seams to try to say something."

James Rollins, April Rollins' father, was just as frustrated about keeping the secret.

He said his daughter finally told him she was performing at the Super Bowl after she had been flying back and forth from New York to work with Madonna.

"I wanted to tell my parents," James Rollins said. "My daughter's been dancing since she was 3 years old. Here she is dancing on the biggest stage, and I can't tell anybody."

Rollins said his daughter has told him many stories about Madonna's perfectionism and professionalism, as well as other famous people she has met.

"I can't even put it into words. I'm just elated for her because she's worked so hard for what she does," James Rollins said.

The fervor over the Dancing Dolls reached all the way to Southern's campus Sunday night when some students watched the performance as part of a Super Bowl party in the Royal Cotillion Ballroom of the Smith-Brown Memorial Student Union.

Southern's Student Government Association posted a blast on Twitter about the Dancing Dolls' halftime appearance only hours before the game started.

Students slowly trickled in during the first half, eventually filling about 80 seats in the room.

Cheers slowly emerged from the crowd as Madonna was first carried onto the stage by dancers dressed as if they starred in the movie "Troy."

Once the red-and-white adorned Dancing Dolls popped onto the screen with Madonna, the students erupted in jubilation.

Charissa Carroll, a 20-year-old chemistry and chemical engineering major, watched the performance in the ballroom with Keyandra Hall, a 21-year-old education student.

"(When they get back), I'll probably ask them, ‘Did you enjoy it? Was it fun? How was Madonna?'" Carroll said.

Southern Chancellor James Llorens said the Super Bowl halftime show invitation is a testament to the hard work and reputation of both the Dancing Dolls and Southern's marching band, the Human Jukebox, both nationally and internationally.

"They're a positive representative for the university, and we're excited about their talents being recognized," he said.

SwimPHan said:

it's so many receipts but
The Dolls have been booking high profile events since the 1960's and I would be here all night because the Dolls have so many accolades. The Divas of Olive Branch dream of performing at major NFL halftime shows.The HumanJukeBox & the Dolls performed at the Saints game last night. SwimPHan said:
Thank you. That's one...can I get the full list or am I asking for too much? :)

dahill said:

Ms. Dee said....

Dee Roberts said:

SwimPHan said:

Come yall.  Don't make me make yall hug and tell ya grandmother.

Yall are cousins.  Yall should not be acting this way towards one another.  Who cares if Dee's potato salad was dry and dahill didn't put enough sugar in the sweet potato pie this time around.  It's all love.

Now let me pull a prayer reminiscent of you know who.

Dear Lord we come to you asking you to banish this negative energy and Queen Tiana (Doll Captain 2003), Princess Connor and Queen Stephanie Love (diva captain 1998) wave your magic wands and bring forth unity and high precision finger snaps in a Z formation.

Prince When Doves Cry

Tamela Man Take me to the King

Mary J B No More Drama

Uncle Luke Cap D Coming

Khia My Neck My Back

Maxwell Fistful of Tears

Christopher said:

Come yall.  Don't make me make yall hug and tell ya grandmother.

Yall are cousins.  Yall should not be acting this way towards one another.  Who cares if Dee's potato salad was dry and dahill didn't put enough sugar in the sweet potato pie this time around.  It's all love.

Now let me pull a prayer reminiscent of you know who.

Dear Lord we come to you asking you to banish this negative energy and Queen Tiana (Doll Captain 2003), Princess Connor and Queen Stephanie Love (diva captain 1998) wave your magic wands and bring forth unity and high precision finger snaps in a Z formation.

Prince When Doves Cry

Tamela Man Take me to the King

Mary J B No More Drama

Uncle Luke Cap D Coming

Khia My Neck My Back

Maxwell Fistful of Tears

So y'all just gon' let:

Uncle Luke Cap D Coming
Khia My Neck My Back

Slide on by without saying a word?!? LMAO

I am in tears. TEARS. I love all of you so much. I can always count on my midweek forum check to give me a good laugh.

I swear I came in here and started hollering lol... I can't I just can't

I missed yall though lol... Somebody go fish Aggie lol let's reunite lol

dahill said:

Mhmm...That's why you Sis, cause you know the truth. This seasons games 1-3, the Divas vs Dolls...lol Anywho, I'll take no need to pull receipts. LOL

Aquann89 said:

Dee please let this girl know..and hunnie I don't need to pull receipts the proof is in the pudding. But I'm done with this conversation talking to a Diva stan is like talking to a Trump supporter Chile

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service