Replies

• I commend all of the Houston area students for being in a band period. Houston has turned into a graveyeard for marching bands due to lack of support and just a simple lack of interest. It has also filtered to the colleges.

I must commend Yates and Willowridge though. Yates has grown in numbers and I like the newfound pride that Yates has. It seems like ur band members really enjoy band. Willowridge I think is on a run for the title of King of Bands in the Greater Houston area. Great UIL scores are the foundation for any successful program.

The rest of us are on life support.

Oh I can't fail to mention Waltrip. Although not a showband, Waltrip is on a roll
  • Austin- Unique with a lot of heart.  they are becoming the ban with the most exposure because of their style

Willowridge- No band High School or College will ever be able to match the class, integrity, and discipline that this band has.

Yates- this is a on year for them they have new direction but the program has its on and off years

Milby- this is the one band that has the WANT factor.  They want to be at the top you can see it.  Great sound Best energy

North forest- One thing about this band is that they are faithful and supportive.  They will support anybody's BOTB or parade

Jeff Davis-Wake the heck up DON'T sleep on this band please!  Talk about sound!

• I haven't seen much from high school bands this year, but big ups to Westbury (saw them at the game vs Sam Houston) they sounded good throughout the whole game, and then played "Amazing," that George Michael song, and not tryna sound corny or anything I was truly amazed by their sound on this one, sounded like a baby SU lol.....and s/o to their tuba section
This reply was deleted.