What do you think could make honda battle of the bands better?

me and my friends where discussing this today so i thought i would get a few more views on the subject

1. let there be a winner

2.have a fifth quarter portion hell we gonna battle in the tunnel anyway (well we didnt this year until the end of mass band but still)

come on people let me here your thoughts

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go back to 10 bands...bands crank tunes between performances...
See im real nervous about adding stand tunes to the competition, because you know more than half the bands are going to sound good as hell in the stands, but sound and look like sh@t on the field.

DT Classic said:
Atleast, two band should be able to play one song each in between each band setting up to play. You can rotate who gets to play.

Top 3 bands place. Top 2 bands battle for 3 rounds of a 5th

No more mass band. It was "cuRte" the first few years. Now, it's boring and redundant.
See that would make me nervous to add stand tunes to the competition, because you already know some bands are going to spend majority of their time trying to perfect their stand sound while their field sound and look looks like shit.
DT Classic said:
Atleast, two band should be able to play one song each in between each band setting up to play. You can rotate who gets to play.

No more mass band. It was "cuRte" the first few years. Now, it's boring and redundant.
brandon said:
See that would make me nervous to add stand tunes to the competition, because you already know some bands are going to spend majority of their time trying to perfect their stand sound while their field sound and look looks like !&%@# .
DT Classic said:

If that's the case...then, that would be whatever band's fault, considering the BOTB's is mainly for the field. If you know you're going to the Honda..why would you NOT practice on the field more, anyway? That would be said band's dumb fault for paying more attention to stand tunes. Plus, it shouldn't be "adding" anything when it comes to stand tunes, anyway. Esp, when you've been playing the same songs the whole year. It shouldn't be a chore to play 2 of your best tunes from the year before.

Rattler Of Venom said:
Just give the sections a chance to let loose on one another and I'll be content.

Want a quick way to kill, or drastically slow down the momentum of a BOTB's? Add things like section and/or drum battles. Keep everything strictly band.
i went and i got excited when section on section brawls started happening, lol, thats what people want to see.
to me it was like, field show, mass band, attempt to challenge then go home, that wasnt very entertaining.
and if more bands would have been there i may have enjoyed it more.
Imo I like mass band I prefer a more up to date song unlike the song we had in 09 but I think the two bands from each conference should battle on the field then it would be like a boxing match
Truth of the matter is that some bands just aren't meant to be the showstopper on the field...and just may be stronger as a stand band. So if the Honda committee decided to add a stand battle to the competition, do you actually expect that band to focus more on the field than they usually do?

That is the main reason why they should keep things strictly on the field like they do now.

If anything, they can have a day for field shows and another day for stand performances...and have seperate winners for each category...MAYBE...
the only reason why i NEVER go to the honda is because its not a competition...nobody wins nobody loses...

...except in the tunnel
if you give every band 2, MAYBE 3 rounds after the fieldshows (because of the large quantity of bands) that MIGHT make it better...idk sht i dont go to it anyway lol
Mane lets b for real. Dont no one wanna see these lame bands from these conferences we dont know about. It should be 8 bands, and I mean bands we ALL wanna such as (in no particular order)

FAMU (of course. HONDA is a clinic for the 100. We show yall how to halftime better....lol)
SU (I live for the jukebox. SU needs to come to Atlanta more often)
BCC
JSU
PV
Virginia State
Norfolk State
Any toss up

Second, have major artist like Drake or Nikkn Minaj or someone big do a concert for the intermission.

THird, bump all this exposition mess. Let the crowd judge the bands via Verizon text. Adds fun and encourages bands to do their best.
10 bands would be cool again but lets be real..Honda already lasts entirely too long especially with the DJ and unnecessary intermissions....If money wasnt an extreme factor, 1) do a parade that Saturday morning AND/OR have a jamboree that Saturday night with matchups on both sides of the 50 kinda like the Bayou Classic...2) keep the exhibition the same the following day but allow people to vote for top 10 bands to attend... 3) I agree with the crowd voting on the winner thru texts but it will be biased....do like the movie Drumline...have guests judges who arent affiliated with any of the participating schools.
Before the initial showcase, each band should play their signature tune in the stands like bands have done in formal BTOBS. Instead of a drumline battle, the audience shall vote for their favorite section in each registered band there. For music artist, get people that CAN preform. Cut the DJ part out unless they will toss a beach ball around the Dome. Other than that the BTOB should display lighting effect son the band too like wise to their traditional Classic BTOB. Band Groupies will get their $10 worth everytime.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service