Replies

• Man in all due respect we HAVE to stop feeding this monster of a YouTuber.  Fuck him and any video he posts. 

• Really?

• Yall really hating on this man for simply reporting the HBCU dance news and giving his opinion? He isn't breaking any laws! What yall, and clearly Akai, don't understand is that times are changing. This is the age of social media. You can't have it both ways. SU, and other dance lines, put out TONS of videos of the band and dancers every week for people to view PUBLICLY. Its only natural that different viewers will have opinions in the comments. 

Also being that these dancers are so visible online, if there is drama on the squad KEEP IT IN HOUSE. If there are video clips POSTED BY THE BAND of girls missing at games or AKAI pushing people, PEOPLE WILL FORM OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS. DUH! If you have tryouts and fail to reveal the team before the first game, PEOPLE WILL HAVE OPINIONS AND CREATE THEORIES OVER THE SUMMER. You just have to shut up and deal with it since you wanna keep the team hidden. Ya'll only want praise and worship, yet hate when people have an opinion. Now I don't condone direct bashing and discussing how pretty a girl is, that's a bit much. But everything else is fair game, especially when they put it out there themselves. Like that Stingette drama. Whew. Also, the Jsettes couldn't have thought that people wouldn't start digging into the situation with them dancing with 6 girls and then only 3. C'mon now. Since they didnt address it publicly, people went online to put in their two cents and started digging around campus to find out what happened. They just had to deal with it. They can be mad all day but its still gonna be out there. 

Akai comes from a time where social media didn't exist and I get that. So unless she plans to exclude the dolls from all video recordings, they will be critiqued and people will have something to say online. It isn't going anywhere and neither is this guys channel. Unless he breaks a law which he hasn't done yet. 

• Just stating opinions about dance is one thing.  To spread rumors about how someone got a position with no real receipts is a horses ass of a different color.   He is spreading mess for a YouTube check.  

Whatitdosu said:

Yall really hating on this man for simply reporting the HBCU dance news and giving his opinion? He isn't breaking any laws! What yall, and clearly Akai, don't understand is that times are changing. This is the age of social media. You can't have it both ways. SU, and other dance lines, put out TONS of videos of the band and dancers every week for people to view PUBLICLY. Its only natural that different viewers will have opinions in the comments. 

Also being that these dancers are so visible online, if there is drama on the squad KEEP IT IN HOUSE. If there are video clips POSTED BY THE BAND of girls missing at games or AKAI pushing people, PEOPLE WILL FORM OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS. DUH! If you have tryouts and fail to reveal the team before the first game, PEOPLE WILL HAVE OPINIONS AND CREATE THEORIES OVER THE SUMMER. You just have to shut up and deal with it since you wanna keep the team hidden. Ya'll only want praise and worship, yet hate when people have an opinion. Now I don't condone direct bashing and discussing how pretty a girl is, that's a bit much. But everything else is fair game, especially when they put it out there themselves. Like that Stingette drama. Whew. Also, the Jsettes couldn't have thought that people wouldn't start digging into the situation with them dancing with 6 girls and then only 3. C'mon now. Since they didnt address it publicly, people went online to put in their two cents and started digging around campus to find out what happened. They just had to deal with it. They can be mad all day but its still gonna be out there. 

Akai comes from a time where social media didn't exist and I get that. So unless she plans to exclude the dolls from all video recordings, they will be critiqued and people will have something to say online. It isn't going anywhere and neither is this guys channel. Unless he breaks a law which he hasn't done yet. 

What Is Discipline, Detail, & Leadership??

• Sugamama said:

Just stating opinions about dance is one thing.  To spread rumors about how someone got a position with no real receipts is a horses ass of a different color.   He is spreading mess for a YouTube check.  If it was no money to be made by being a messy ass Queen he wouldn’t even be making the videos.  

Whatitdosu said:

Yall really hating on this man for simply reporting the HBCU dance news and giving his opinion? He isn't breaking any laws! What yall, and clearly Akai, don't understand is that times are changing. This is the age of social media. You can't have it both ways. SU, and other dance lines, put out TONS of videos of the band and dancers every week for people to view PUBLICLY. Its only natural that different viewers will have opinions in the comments. 

http://www.bandhead.org/forum/comment/show?id=666673%3AComment%3A1702481&xn_out=json&firstPage=1&la…
  • I think the young ladies on the top dance teams are really celebrities. Like the real celebrities the paparazzi are going to come for them also. Videographers capturing their every move the entire game and social media (good and bad), 24-7. I think the young ladies know this when they audition. It takes a strong person to be a member of one the top dance teams. I applaud them, I couldn't do it. It's a mean world out there!

• Respectfully, YOU think they are celebrities.  These girls are strung out between class and dance, seemingly (to the public) finding a balance between the two.  The pomp and circumstance about them seems to mainly come from fans.  These girls are bussing their asses, often with NO scholarship for what they are doing.  Im ALL for critiquing performance, hell I'm even (constructively) critical of their performances. But it should stop at that.  Their personal lives are theirs.  These girls have to graduate and get jobs. The last thing anybody should want is for their personal drama to be all over the internet and affect their livelihood.  Personal/organizational drama should be left to that person/organization. 

Now if they come out willingly and discuss is, that's something different.  Anything outside of dance critique and performance review is exploitation of these girls for follows and a check.  That's fucking disgusting. 

Eric said:

I think the young ladies on the top dance teams are really celebrities. Like the real celebrities the paparazzi are going to come for them also. Videographers capturing their every move the entire game and social media (good and bad), 24-7. I think the young ladies know this when they audition. It takes a strong person to be a member of one the top dance teams. I applaud them, I couldn't do it. It's a mean world out there!

• These young women are not Miss America, heads of state or clergy women. They are our little sisters, neighbors, friends, etc. They are popular due to their talent and hard work. Once they take off that uniform they are regular students just trying to graduate and make something of themselves. 

Social media has taken the fun out of hbcu dance and I genuinely hate it.

• Are you behind that YouTube page?  This thesis statement is quite suggestive of that.  If you are, PLEASE STOP. 

Whatitdosu said:

• Not thesis statement *DEAD*

Sugamama said:

Are you behind that YouTube page?  This thesis statement is quite suggestive of that.  If you are, PLEASE STOP. 

Whatitdosu said:

This reply was deleted.