Views: 4950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MESSY, DERANGED, BITTER....I mean seriously!!!  I read a comment that these YouTubers channels are becoming the TMZ of the dance world and I totally agree.  Let us not forget these young black queens are STUDENTS first, foremost and most importantly.    They aren't primarily there for OUR entertainment, they are there to represent their band programs and universities.  These videos are major recruitment tools and provide alumni and others opportunities to enjoy the band and dancers when we're not able to make the games.   

The personal commentary about the girls and thinly veiled "critiques" of the teams really need to stop.  These young ladies don't ask for this and like someone else mentioned it can damage their reputations when entering the job market...you know the "real" world.  Why can't folks just sit back and enjoy and just like it or not.  None of these teams owe us a MF thing.  They answer to the Director of Bands and University Chancellor...PERIOD!!!

I'll get heat for saying this, but being a certain age and from a certain era, I feel it must be said.  Most of the most vocal "reviewers" come off as messy queens, dripping with jealousy and envy because they desire to be ...but can never.    Until you can walk a mile in these girls shoes and leotards (literally) then just fall back and enjoy or not.  This new age social media thing got people all jacked up in the head, desperate for attention and relevance.    

TALK THAT TALK!!!!!!! YES! 

Dequan Clarrette said:

MESSY, DERANGED, BITTER....I mean seriously!!!  I read a comment that these YouTubers channels are becoming the TMZ of the dance world and I totally agree.  Let us not forget these young black queens are STUDENTS first, foremost and most importantly.    They aren't primarily there for OUR entertainment, they are there to represent their band programs and universities.  These videos are major recruitment tools and provide alumni and others opportunities to enjoy the band and dancers when we're not able to make the games.   

The personal commentary about the girls and thinly veiled "critiques" of the teams really need to stop.  These young ladies don't ask for this and like someone else mentioned it can damage their reputations when entering the job market...you know the "real" world.  Why can't folks just sit back and enjoy and just like it or not.  None of these teams owe us a MF thing.  They answer to the Director of Bands and University Chancellor...PERIOD!!!

I'll get heat for saying this, but being a certain age and from a certain era, I feel it must be said.  Most of the most vocal "reviewers" come off as messy queens, dripping with jealousy and envy because they desire to be ...but can never.    Until you can walk a mile in these girls shoes and leotards (literally) then just fall back and enjoy or not.  This new age social media thing got people all jacked up in the head, desperate for attention and relevance.    

I have been waiting for the discussion on these videos and this channel in particular to make it here. I HATE IT! I am not for it! The tone, the subject matter...it is all MESSY! This person definitely hates Micah, Joy, & Jada. It's become obvious. These girls may be "public figures" on their campus, true, because they represent the school and band as dancers, but they are NOT celebrities. I cannot wait until the schools/administration or videographers can find out how to limit this content.This is not the purpose Garrett, Trin, Marvin, etc have for their footage. Akai is university personnel and a grown ass woman. That video on her was just uncalled for. This proves her point as to why she acts that way. I'd accept that from a videographer or someone who she may have personally offended before someone who has compiled video footage to validate their hate. This is just unreal. These girls are students on a path to become young professionals. Their college dance roles seriously will not weigh that much on their lives overall for this to be lingering on the world wide web. And then the things is, a lot of their issues are fan created beefs and drama. But let me just go on and put it out there for Objective Reviews and give a kudos bc I can appreciate your videos being done tastefully and sticking to the business of DANCE and nothing more.

I agree 100%. He isn't reporting news. These girls are not celebrities, period. They are college students who still have to get scholarships, internships and enter a career after all of this. This isn’t fair to them because all an employer has to do is google their name and mess like that pops up. 80% of the things he report is not true, just hearsay and rumors. It’s weird that people are trying to justify his actions as if these girls signed up for this. They just wanna dance.

Sugamama said:

Man in all due respect we HAVE to stop feeding this monster of a YouTuber.  Fuck him and any video he posts. 

And to take it a step further, I’d consider this slanderous and defamation of character because as a college student myself, I understand how it feels to just wanna be a college student. They’re putting too much pressure and attention on these girls. Just let them dance. 

I work in the legal field and I’ve been brainstorming on what legal avenues these teams would have.  Since the Stingettes put all that out there they really don’t have any recourse.  However, the Dolls—-they may have some.  I don’t think he said allegedly on some parts which would open him up to legal recourse.  Since they are students,  they are not public figures and such rumors  could hurt their job prospects-they may be a libel claim.   Also, intentional infliction of emotional distress is on the table if anyone is suffering from the comments. 

Anatasia1100 said:

And to take it a step further, I’d consider this slanderous and defamation of character because as a college student myself, I understand how it feels to just wanna be a college student. They’re putting too much pressure and attention on these girls. Just let them dance. 

Whew....I was almost concerned and wondering if I was the only person that was not a fan of that YouTube channel. That whole “unbiased” reporting is interesting to the point that people are asking him questions on his opinions and taking them as facts....where they do that at?! And he is riding the wave on more YouTube views to more income in his pocket....smh. But, anyway I hope he realizes/understand “real” reporting with facts and not just a whole bunch of opinions that are incorrect/negative. I couldn’t even watch the last few videos just from the title alone and they keep popping up as recommendations....smh. 

But, anyway....parade and basketball season coming up. 

That channel is making it much cooler to bash Micah. It’s like it’s just an opened opportunity to bash her, which isn’t fair because she did a damn good job. 

And Morgan was so innocent and nice with his videos, but he is becoming very messy and is constantly putting too much spotlight on the Dolls, Stingettes, and Settes, when they are more teams that need to be showcased. 

Objective Reviews is pretty good, however. 

Those people actually think those are facts. It’s just a mess and I’m also wondering where he keeps getting his information from because none that he has stated it remotely true. He just puts Gabby fans in a bad light. Uplift her but downplay the people after or before her.

Precious said:

Whew....I was almost concerned and wondering if I was the only person that was not a fan of that YouTube channel. That whole “unbiased” reporting is interesting to the point that people are asking him questions on his opinions and taking them as facts....where they do that at?! And he is riding the wave on more YouTube views to more income in his pocket....smh. But, anyway I hope he realizes/understand “real” reporting with facts and not just a whole bunch of opinions that are incorrect/negative. I couldn’t even watch the last few videos just from the title alone and they keep popping up as recommendations....smh. 

Then has the nerve to reach out to the girls for a statements like he’s TMZ or something. 

What's happening? said:

Those people actually think those are facts. It’s just a mess and I’m also wondering where he keeps getting his information from because none that he has stated it remotely true. He just puts Gabby fans in a bad light. Uplift her but downplay the people after or before her.

Precious said:

Butttt... he said that he knew the girls when people told him that he needed to talk to the girls before he made a video lol. He has some nerve though after making those videos and I hope the girls never ever give him a statement for the bull that he spews.

Anatasia1100 said:

Then has the nerve to reach out to the girls for a statements like he’s TMZ or something. 

What's happening? said:

Precious said:

He gets his information from what he thinks. I watched the first few videos where he was using the Stingettes drama with the Instagram “lives” they posted which was drama I didn’t even know because I don’t keep up or follow their every post. But, at least it was info that they put out but, the Jsettes video is what he thinks because don’t none of us what was considered “hazing” and his bias to Micah is disrespectful. He’s treating Micah and Akai like science projects or as the other person stated a thesis report....smh. Now I am a Gabby fan (Doll Fan) and I will say that Micah still handle her position as captain and the team looked good. Did I/we want more from Micah “yes” but it’s not that serious especially since the Dolls had a good season. They are still one of the top teams this year! Let this young women live their “Doll” dreams. 

Anatasia1100 said:

What's happening? said:

Precious said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service