We're in an era where the game has changed, Bands now have their own Media teams and they;re all doing great things. The Independent Media teams are also doing great things. In the past 3 years i've seen great compliments as well as complaints about what's being shown on film as well as how the editing and sound helps or hurts the product.  

As Viewers of the great footage, Give us an idea of what you'd like to see more of. 

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Percussion and Dance line cams, or focus on showing the whole band except(Danceline- Percussion) for the trumpets or baritones
  • If possible, switch the danceline footage for percussion and have separate dance line footage for those who follow.
  • I like What AAMUBAND is doing. They have a video team dedicated to specifics like AAMU Band Percussion and AAMU Dancin' Divas.

Also, their team is one of the best video teams I've seen recently.

AAMU Band Video Team

AAMU Divas

AAMU Percussion

• A lot of the times, I don't know WTH some of these bands are trying to play.  It would be nice to see the names of the songs they play as they play them (at least for the band that the particular media team is following).  At least, that will stop dozens of people from repeatedly asking "what song is such and such band playing at 2:07..."

I think that would be greatly appreciated. 

• I agree with you on that. lol

PVSax99 said:

A lot of the times, I don't know WTH some of these bands are trying to play.  It would be nice to see the names of the songs they play as they play them (at least for the band that the particular media team is following).  At least, that will stop dozens of people from repeatedly asking "what song is such and such band playing at 2:07..."

What More would you like to see from the HBCU Band Videographers?
    We're in an era where the game has changed, Bands now have their own Media teams and they;re all doing great things. The Independent Media teams are…
  • Lol the school based media reams should do that. Half the rimes i have no clue myself lol

PVSax99 said:

A lot of the times, I don't know WTH some of these bands are trying to play.  It would be nice to see the names of the songs they play as they play them (at least for the band that the particular media team is following).  At least, that will stop dozens of people from repeatedly asking "what song is such and such band playing at 2:07..."

We're in an era where the game has changed, Bands now have their own Media teams and they;re all doing great things. The Independent Media teams are…
  • I would like to see more variety and consistency when it comes to the videos. It seems like bulk of band videos are either Southern or Jackson State and whoever they're up against. There's very little love for the Meac as well. It seems like this is a predominantly Swac website and I understand there aren't as many big bands in the Meac as in the Swac but consistent coverage of Cookman, Famu, Ncat, Scsu and Norfolk would be greatly appreciated for those of us not in the Swac.

• That's because Jackson and Southern's staff have always welcomed coverage of their bands. Can't say the same for other schools.

Joshua Lawson said:

I would like to see more variety and consistency when it comes to the videos. It seems like bulk of band videos are either Southern or Jackson State and whoever they're up against. There's very little love for the Meac as well. It seems like this is a predominantly Swac website and I understand there aren't as many big bands in the Meac as in the Swac but consistent coverage of Cookman, Famu, Ncat, Scsu and Norfolk would be greatly appreciated for those of us not in the Swac.

• Many band videographers cover their region, media teams specifically cover their own band. and then there are travelers like KillaKev he's all over the place.  SU doesn't restrict media coverage like other places. The SWAC is band friendly for the most part

swagsauceguy said:

I would like to see more variety and consistency when it comes to the videos. It seems like bulk of band videos are either Southern or Jackson State and whoever they're up against. There's very little love for the Meac as well. It seems like this is a predominantly Swac website and I understand there aren't as many big bands in the Meac as in the Swac but consistent coverage of Cookman, Famu, Ncat, Scsu and Norfolk would be greatly appreciated for those of us not in the Swac.

• Split screen or PIP style recordings of halftimes and stand battles so that everyone can watch what they prefer. Dancers want to watch dances, drummers tend to watch drummers, and drum majors do their thing.....just an idea.

https://youtu.be/Ed4imewRcNY

This reply was deleted.