What More would you like to see from the HBCU Band Videographers?

We're in an era where the game has changed, Bands now have their own Media teams and they;re all doing great things. The Independent Media teams are also doing great things. In the past 3 years i've seen great compliments as well as complaints about what's being shown on film as well as how the editing and sound helps or hurts the product.  

As Viewers of the great footage, Give us an idea of what you'd like to see more of. 

Views: 517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Due to this platform being old, all we have is a share button. Those Facebook enabled comment sites are usually blog style.. These days everything needs Facebook and twitter compatibility. in  members settings you can make an option to post all your content to Facebook automatically but it still functions around the 'like buttons I believe.  There are only two options on his platform for discussion. Threaded and Flat.

It's set to flat because Flat is persistent with email links

I prefer threaded, because like Facebook, comments go directly beneath the post being responded to.

I feel ya, but that would require a whole new site.

hrocket said:

I know this is not just videographers, but for Bandhead, I would like for the site to make it easy for people to register and comment on different topics. If possible, try to have you forums linked to a Facebook profile and whenever someone comments, it should post on Facebook and the site. 

Also, maybe we can have more commentary from real musicians about who won the stands, field, and 5th. I see people doing that already, but I would like for them to give more of an opinion and state who won.

Got you. Yeah, I was just thinking of ways to provide this content to more people. 

Book said:

Due to this platform being old, all we have is a share button. Those Facebook enabled comment sites are usually blog style.. These days everything needs Facebook and twitter compatibility. in  members settings you can make an option to post all your content to Facebook automatically but it still functions around the 'like buttons I believe.  There are only two options on his platform for discussion. Threaded and Flat.

I prefer threaded, because like Facebook, comments go directly beneath the post being responded to.

hrocket said:

I know this is not just videographers, but for Bandhead, I would like for the site to make it easy for people to register and comment on different topics. If possible, try to have you forums linked to a Facebook profile and whenever someone comments, it should post on Facebook and the site. 

Also, maybe we can have more commentary from real musicians about who won the stands, field, and 5th. I see people doing that already, but I would like for them to give more of an opinion and state who won.

things are in the works for "HBCUBands.com" at the moment too.  That type of site integration is neccesary these days. facebook, twitter or even discuss at this point.

I'm a Reddit user, i like that format just a bit, I don't know how that will hair out with others.

hrocket said:

Got you. Yeah, I was just thinking of ways to provide this content to more people. 

Book said:

hrocket said:

Me personally I'm kind of old school...in the stands jus video the bands from an even spot and don't alter sounds and on the field videotape from the 50 a few rows up in the stands so we can see the total packages and have the best field show sound available

Agreed!

PVSax99 said:

A lot of the times, I don't know WTH some of these bands are trying to play.  It would be nice to see the names of the songs they play as they play them (at least for the band that the particular media team is following).  At least, that will stop dozens of people from repeatedly asking "what song is such and such band playing at 2:07..."

I think that would be greatly appreciated. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service