SIAC bands are talented to so why they dont get as much love

Views: 232

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

And that wasn't Albany, that was Fort Valley

Antonio "2 Tall" Barrino said:
.........well...there it is....but I will still go out on the limb and refer to exposure....it's just that when ya'll go out and do what u do.....against a SWAC band....most of it just pointless....If it's a SWAC band in the lights against ya'll, instantly it's gonna be about that SWAC band.....Nobody expected anything of Central State or Albany against SU....and well....there it was...couldn't hang....if ya'll had gunned for my institution's band this past year, then u probably woulda been more successful. Just a matter of doin what it takes to get that name out there....step ya game up a bit more, and maybe.....Albany just is ordinary....nothing unique....as is most of SIAC

Asa said:
Because yall dont have powerhouses. MEAC has FAMU Cookman NSU and NCA&T. Even SCSU is good. Then SWAC has Southern GSU(at least in the past) ASU(Alabama State) TxSU and of course who could forget JSU. But who do yall have.....no offense.
we did not play SU dat was fortvalley

.........well...there it is....but I will still go out on the limb and refer to exposure....it's just that when ya'll go out and do what u do.....against a SWAC band....most of it just pointless....If it's a SWAC band in the lights against ya'll, instantly it's gonna be about that SWAC band.....Nobody expected anything of Central State or Albany against SU....and well....there it was...couldn't hang....if ya'll had gunned for my institution's band this past year, then u probably woulda been more successful. Just a matter of doin what it takes to get that name out there....step ya game up a bit more, and maybe.....Albany just is ordinary....nothing unique....as is most of SIAC

Asa said:
Because yall dont have powerhouses. MEAC has FAMU Cookman NSU and NCA&T. Even SCSU is good. Then SWAC has Southern GSU(at least in the past) ASU(Alabama State) TxSU and of course who could forget JSU. But who do yall have.....no offense.
Frat i think he was talking about when A&M used to be in the SIAC.

Mr. Guice said:
Uh, AAMU is SWAC.

drummaboy1 said:
did u not kno aamu was n the siac???? they were gettin exposure thru playin asu i guess..lol
Number 1. The colleges/university are smaller, because they don't have all the degrees offered by other colleges/university. So the band has less students to choose from. Meaning less talent to choose from, so it is harder for them to do things the MEAC and swac do. There for they really dont get that exposure.
It's cool.....
See games like that bring exposure to us.....
prime example.....Morris Brown played SU in 2000 (and 2001 i think...correct me if im wrong)....and that got them ALOT of exposure (along with Drumline lol)
Miles played SU in 2002....the next few years, Miles grew and people started saying how beastly they were
Morehouse played PV in 2007 (i believe) which got them some recognition in the SWAC region.....

it just being able to get your name out there and hold your on against some of the more documented and prominent names in the HBCU band world.

My bad.....just saw that boss...my bad

TBoneSuave said:

Asa said:
guy....i kno dat ....i go 2 aamu...im sayin they use 2 b lol!!!!!! i said WAS n the siac.....smh

Mr. Guice said:
Uh, AAMU is SWAC.

drummaboy1 said:
did u not kno aamu was n the siac???? they were gettin exposure thru playin asu i guess..lol
dude...txsu is no longer a powerhouse...aamu will handle them...

TBoneSuave said:
It's cool.....
prime example.....Morris Brown played SU in 2000 (and 2001 i think...correct me if im wrong)....and that got them ALOT of exposure (along with Drumline lol)
Miles played SU in 2002....the next few years, Miles grew and people started saying how beastly they were
Morehouse played PV in 2007 (i believe) which got them some recognition in the SWAC region.....

it just being able to get your name out there and hold your on against some of the more documented and prominent names in the HBCU band world.

TBoneSuave said:

Asa said:
....who said anything about Texas Southern?...

drummaboy1 said:
dude...txsu is no longer a powerhouse...aamu will handle them...

TBoneSuave said:
It's cool.....

TBoneSuave said:

Asa said:
It's not an issue of the size of schools; CAU & Albany are bigger and offer more degrees than BCU and have since before they became BCU; the issue is the admin &/or AD not wanting to take the school division 1 usually because of cost and effort.

From looking at older clips of AAMU it looks like they didn't get bigger until they joined the SWAC officially in 99...I wonder how the SWAC schools (especially Alcorn and MVSU since most polls on here have AAMU ranked higher) took them joining?

There are too many problems to name though, ranging from BD to scholarships/band finances for promotion...but all have to be on board for it to work.

Director of Bands said:
Number 1. The colleges/university are smaller, because they don't have all the degrees offered by other colleges/university. So the band has less students to choose from. Meaning less talent to choose from, so it is harder for them to do things the MEAC and swac do. There for they really dont get that exposure.
Morehouse played PV in 07 and Alcorn in 06; From the discussions PVU won but gave props because Morehouse did their thing; but most of what I read was saying Alcorn got handled because they weren't prepared. Can't find the clips since the site switch.

TBoneSuave said:
It's cool.....

Exactly my point being that when you come into another Region of bands such as a MEAC going into SWAC country, SIAC goin into SWAC country or SWAC goin into MEAC country, its not about using their own known style against them....
Morehouse didn't go down there tryin to outblow PV or Alcorn, but they went down there and played within THEIR own style....
like when we (FVSU) went down to Southern this past year....wasn't no way in Sam H3LL we were gone try to battle them with power.....80 piece band against 220 piece, u crazY? lol...we played within our style and did our thing.

bottom line....other conferences get love when they prove themselves in different regions than their own ALONG with proving themselves in their own conference.

Devon said:
Morehouse played PV in 07 and Alcorn in 06; From the discussions PVU won but gave props because Morehouse did their thing; but most of what I read was saying Alcorn got handled because they weren't prepared. Can't find the clips since the site switch.

TBoneSuave said:
It's cool.....

Stop Whining..... Yall get more love than the CIAA

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service