SIAC bands are talented to so why they dont get as much love

Views: 232

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

No bruh, actually AAMU used to be HUUUUGE before then, i have some 96 clips to prove that

Devon said:
It's not an issue of the size of schools; CAU & Albany are bigger and offer more degrees than BCU and have since before they became BCU; the issue is the admin &/or AD not wanting to take the school division 1 usually because of cost and effort.

From looking at older clips of AAMU it looks like they didn't get bigger until they joined the SWAC officially in 99...I wonder how the SWAC schools (especially Alcorn and MVSU since most polls on here have AAMU ranked higher) took them joining?

There are too many problems to name though, ranging from BD to scholarships/band finances for promotion...but all have to be on board for it to work.

Director of Bands said:
Number 1. The colleges/university are smaller, because they don't have all the degrees offered by other colleges/university. So the band has less students to choose from. Meaning less talent to choose from, so it is harder for them to do things the MEAC and swac do. There for they really dont get that exposure.
the SIAC bands are not big enough...i personally think ASU is better than SU but then agian who am i?
well i dont agree all the way and im in asu band i seen su face to face at honda them niggas the truth but dont mean they would just come and rape us though

DeMarcus K. Crews said:
the SIAC bands are not big enough...i personally think ASU is better than SU but then agian who am i?
su has power but as far as overall sound and center of pitch...soutehrn is off

DoomsDayMello#2 said:
well i dont agree all the way and im in asu band i seen su face to face at honda them !&%@# s the truth but dont mean they would just come and rape us though

DeMarcus K. Crews said:
word

DeMarcus K. Crews said:
su has power but as far as overall sound and center of pitch...soutehrn is off

DoomsDayMello#2 said:
well i dont agree all the way and im in asu band i seen su face to face at honda them !&%@# s the truth but dont mean they would just come and rape us though

DeMarcus K. Crews said:
they do.. but they need to talk about themselves more often on sites like this..
Alot of people are scared to do that especially with most of the smaller conferences having less people in their bands and just now starting to build their legacy, they dont have the people to back it up like say SU or JSU. Just takes time.

The Book said:
they do.. but they need to talk about themselves more often on sites like this..
Thats what im trying to get my people to do, or at least people who are already on here to do....expand your horizons. SWAC and MEAC ain't the only bands in the world....they might be the best but they ain't the only ones lol

The Book said:
Now Miles Kind of gets their rep...Tuskegee is kind of out there the others i dont hear to much about. Publicity is the key.
Good idea/Bad idea

Maybe some of the current SIAC schools should do like some of their former SIAC counterparts did and make that move to the SWAC.

~shrugs~
SWAC doesn't need no more schools added! If anything have more battle of bands that showcase all the HBCU's cause Honda Battle of the Bands can only do so much!
i agree but dats better said than done

BigBoi1919 said:
SWAC doesn't need no more schools added! If anything have more battle of bands that showcase all the HBCU's cause Honda Battle of the Bands can only do so much!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service