Replies

• not enough exposure maybe?
  • dat could be one factor but the exposure we get other bands try to say we stole from meac and swac bands like albany state they swear we stole southern drills when in fact southern didnt come up with them drills originally any way besides our band director is alumni of southern he is only teaching wat he knows

K-music in my veins-#2 said:
    not enough exposure maybe?
    Why can't the SIAC get as much love as SWAC and MEAC?
    SIAC bands are talented to so why they dont get as much love
  • Simply put Exposure. Not trying to be funny but what colleges are in the SIAC?
  • Albany State, Miles, Clark, Morehouse, Stillman, Fortvalley, Lane, Tuskegee, Kentucky, and Benedict those are the ones with bands

BigBoi1919 said:
    Simply put Exposure. Not trying to be funny but what colleges are in the SIAC?
  • yeah exposure. Simply put your football schedule, what events you attend like botbs and things of that nature have alot to do with it.

To get noticed your going to have to slide a meac or swac school in the schedule and do a d@mned go job when you go up against them. As for botb's you got to be going to college botb's not just making guest appearance's at the local high school botb's. Honda is ok but things like the hall of fame are what im talking about. Hosting band brawls the night before a game also helps. In general if you want to get noticed you got to go where those who are already noticed are.

Also consistency id a big one. You cant be on it one year and then fall apart the next, thats both musically and numbers wise. I know its hard to do especially when you dont have the resources that some of the more established programs have.

IMO skegee, miles and clark have exposure, now how people feel about them is a totally different subject.
  • did u not kno aamu was n the siac???? they were gettin exposure thru playin asu i guess..lol
  • i agree with Damien, this thread was made earlier in the year and all of the same comments have been said....if you dont know by now why yall dont get any love then you never will.....

Damien said:
    maybe its the whining... lol but fa real every year round this time someone whines about thier school not getting exposure....
  • Uh, AAMU is SWAC.

drummaboy1 said:
    did u not kno aamu was n the siac???? they were gettin exposure thru playin asu i guess..lol
  • Because yall dont have powerhouses. MEAC has FAMU Cookman NSU and NCA&T. Even SCSU is good. Then SWAC has Southern GSU(at least in the past) ASU(Alabama State) TxSU and of course who could forget JSU. But who do yall have.....no offense.
  • Who doesn't give the SIAC love? People that only care about their own school and conference? If they refuse to expand their own horizens, that's their fault... let them be ignorant.
This reply was deleted.