Replies

• WELL ......My first question is what happen to your band or what did you see from another band to make you want to discuss this type of topic. I mean I've heard somthing that happend at the Milby vs. Austin game......(But) I will not trust just anybodys word. So with all due respect please explain further. So that we my have a better understanding of what yoru talking about.....thanks..GOD BLESS
  • i think its not really hate... its just the fact that everybody want to be the best!!
  • well this would be my opinion wit out any hate on anyone....
    i tink we did really good..chilled te first half and blowed on second...
    austin di good too but not for them to be sayin everywere thst they smashed us...
    as i saw we got the crowd really hipped up and into the show that they were even standing up...lol
    but wat im sayis about all this in facebook and myspac and i tink in bandhead too...were they talkin about how bad they smashed us and other mean stuff...
    to me we did our best and the crowd loved it...
  • true but cant they b less violent and insulting....

kcharles said:
    i think its not really hate... its just the fact that everybody want to be the best!!
    Why is their so much hate between high school bands

• Well this is what you have to realize... If the that band or "any band"..... has to say they won the battle them self's then they really lost. You cant judge your band from the inside. You need other band folks that are not apart of your program to give a winner. Now I uderstand what "Austin" was doing and it was all out of pride.. you know the competative sports thing. (we all do it from time to time) .. But on the real "IF".... The Austin band members are saying they won then why listen..... Think about it.... None of the top bands from last year, A.K.A Worthing and Willirodge never had they own folks talking abut the blew out or won a battle. Other bands members and directors did it for them...... So I hope this helps you on how to judge a battle. folks can talk all they want but in the end .. Only the spectator AKA (BAND HEADS) have a say so....hope that helps you... okay god bless....

P.S....IF YALL DID THE SAME THING AS AUSTIN AT THE GAME THEN ITS JUST AS WRONG BECAUSE

1.) YOU WOULD HAVE TOLD ME ONLY HALF THE STORY.. SO IN ALL FAIRNESS TO AUSTIN I WOULD NEED SOMEONE FROM AUSTIN TO PLEASE EXPLAIN THERE SIDE OF THE STORY &

2.) AN EYE FOR AN EYE NEVER HELPS THE SITUATION...

SOME FROM AUSTIN PLEASE EXPLAIN

viCeNta<3 said:
    well this would be my opinion wit out any hate on anyone....
    i tink we did really good..chilled te first half and blowed on second...
    austin di good too but not for them to be sayin everywere thst they smashed us...
    as i saw we got the crowd really hipped up and into the show that they were even standing up...lol
    but wat im sayis about all this in facebook and myspac and i tink in bandhead too...were they talkin about how bad they smashed us and other mean stuff...
    to me we did our best and the crowd loved it...

• I know some high school students who literally hate each other because of the school that a person march or used to march for. I think for some of those students, it goes back to what has been placed in them. Like Fair Park and Huntington from Shreveport. Years ago there was a heated rivalry for some because of the hype while others took it personally. But those same students have friends from those two schools that I named. So it could be many of reasons.

On the other hand, I think some of this hate is from ignorance. Some students actually hate other bands because of websites like this. If people see their dream college bands behaving like this then they will do the same.
  • Im from Austin.. i Dont hate Milby, But i dont Love it.
    Milby has been Austin's rival's for so long, and mayb sometimes people get a little too crunk and start talking mess.
    And i know what Vicenta Means by people talking mess on facebook,myspace ect..
    And it aint all Austin cuz i saw some Mibly band students talking ishh 2 over the Net 2.

Mibly dident do so good also 2 the point 2 were yall can say yall smashed on us cuz yall was blowin' wrong notes here and there. Only cuz yall were loud dont mean nothin' at all. dont put volume over technique(cleanness).
  • Yeah I feel that.... but like I said befor I only got half the story from the milby.s band point of view.......now that I hear that they were also doing the same... she cant really complain about smack talk.. because they are in it too... so I think its all a missunderstanding..... Just words being spoken out of pride or what not. Okay thanks for clearing that stuff up kat.

Yeyo Morales said:
    Im from Austin.. i Dont hate Milby, But i dont Love it.
    Milby has been Austin's rival's for so long, and mayb sometimes people get a little too crunk and start talking mess.
    And i know what Vicenta Means by people talking mess on facebook,myspace ect..
    And it aint all Austin cuz i saw some Mibly band students talking ishh 2 over the Net 2.

Mibly dident do so good also 2 the point 2 were yall can say yall smashed on us cuz yall was blowin' wrong notes here and there. Only cuz yall were loud dont mean nothin' at all. dont put volume over technique(cleanness).

• I heard what happened and it wasnt really a big deal. Some people just take a rivalry too far. In facing a rival, I do want to do my job and be the best but at the same time, I dont wish bad on anyones program. I feel like if Milby does a bad job then its a reflection on Austin, Sam Houston or any other school in a similar situation and vice versa. Matter of fact, if any HISD band does bad, it reflects on everybody.

Its ok to be rivals but when people become a$$holes towards one another, then priorities need to be restablished. Neither band should be talking about who blew out who, because you werent in the middle. Let the crowd decide who was the best not you.

And Austin students know better. We have too much to be worried about with this upcoming trip to Los Angeles in November, New Orleans in March, then the trip to Washington D.C. next Summer. People really need to stop getting distracted and look at the big picture.
  • Most of the hate come from individuals (not whole bands) that aren't handling their business, so they compensate by talking noise online. Someone from the other school, of the same mind, reads it...and now it's a big argument/fight. Then it builds up into something it didn't need to be.

Most people that can REALLY play aren't running off at the mouth. Their instrument does it for them.
This reply was deleted.