Views: 1864

Replies to This Discussion

He's very much a hands on Sponsor/Choreographer. That's what some people like about him and some don't.

ChuckTaylor said:

Is that dude the sponsor, choreographer and Captain?

choreographer, sponsor and stylist.  He makes all of the Passionettes counts, and field routines and hair and designs their uniforms

ChuckTaylor said:

Is that dude the sponsor, choreographer and Captain?

Thank u for that ...I have 2 former students on the squad now 1 is the current cpt. I hate to see dance squads dance like f*gs and with the guy on choreo I see why

Caleb Kendall said:

Can I be honest?... I actually like the Passionettes and I'm a Georgia native BUT I must be honest, majority of these girls in the video have potential but are VERY wild and sloppy. Most were not executing the moves, manly because they were going soooo fast and they were trying to keep up with next move. Matter of fact it seems as the last 2 seasons or so, the P-nettes style has become very WILD and less appealing. I even watched the counts that were being thrown, they were very wild and "punkish" , for a minute I thought I was watching a group of gay men with wigs on throwing counts in a gay bar. It seems to lack that " women's flare " or its giving to much " femininity " which becoming too punkish. Just my opinion .., still love them tho...just wish they'd calm it down though

When a male is the sole choreographer of a band dance squad with no past or present band and dance training it seems he's living out his fantasy of being on a hbcu dance line ... I've worked with Brian the choreographer for champagne and he very direct precise and technical . When I saw him teach I saw instructor and precision . By watching the pnettes who I've grown to love ( with former students and good friends who are current and alumni pnettes) I see so much punk infusion versus actual majorette style of dance .. I especially see it a lot in high schools too . I really wish the directors would up their standards when choosing a qualified choreographer and not a fan

This may or may not speak to his qualifications but Mr. Dee Perkins is a former 4 year member of the Cheer-leading Squad at Albany State University. He was also a Captain if I'm not mistaken. As an Alumnus and former Cheerleader he has deep rooted ties to the University. This is a becoming trend in HBCU, the current Sponsor/Choreographer for the Sweet Sensation Dancers (Benedict College) has the exact same background.

However the sweet sensation also do current and remixed j-sette counts and they try to salt n pepper and ramp kick so let's see if the sweet sensation will create a new area in their dancing...plus cheer leading and dancing on a dance line is 2 totally different styles of performing and dance ....most choreographers tend to shy away from former cheerleaders who move to the dance line ....and no disrespect to mr Perkins ...I'd rather more grace precision and other elements of dance ...it's looks gay clubish

Thank you. I was trying to find a tactful way to compare the too. In my experience, cheerleaders have difficulty transitioning to dance. Most of them come off very stiff and stand out like a sore thumb. On the flip side ive seen some kill it. It depends on the person.

If the squad tones it down a bit, and gets back some of the precision they use to have they will be fine. If he truly comes from a cheer background im surprised he didn't bring that element to the squad .
wondertwin2 said:

However the sweet sensation also do current and remixed j-sette counts and they try to salt n pepper and ramp kick so let's see if the sweet sensation will create a new area in their dancing...plus cheer leading and dancing on a dance line is 2 totally different styles of performing and dance ....most choreographers tend to shy away from former cheerleaders who move to the dance line ....and no disrespect to mr Perkins ...I'd rather more grace precision and other elements of dance ...it's looks gay clubish

well everyone can say what they may and will, however, their style of dancing is one of the things the landed them a part in the R. Thicke video.  I think it's just all personal pref.  I will say that I prefer a more soft and feminine style for dancing, but the Passionettes have a different and unique style that sets them apart from other dance-lines (no one can really say "oh the P-nettes look so much like the Dolls, J-settes, Motion etc). Now as far as the precision people are claiming they used to have, let's be honest, no one was noticing the P-nettes outside of Georgia until he really started working with them.  I've watched them for a while and in my opinion they look much better than what they used to look in the past.  Now I will post some videos of the past (before he became their sponsor/choreographer) Passionettes and let every see the progress they've made   2006

2008  I have more clips of the squad before he took over and they weren't very precise in their movements then. 

I'm not going to knock him at all because he is living out his dream and wishes. The only suggestions I have is to work on form because its a little wild is possibly why it all comes off as punkish. If they tone it down some it would look a little better. I do like the pnettes but sometimes it's too much. Good job on the invite to be in the vid tho so someone must have saw something they liked.

Ray Dex said:

Dee is cool as hell; I like the Passionettes. 

my point exactly, if it wouldn't have been for their style and his choreography they wouldn't have got a casting call to be in the video.  I would also like to see them tone it down just a tab, but I will say they're all in sync, so at least they're not wild and un-uniformed.  I can never single one girl out on the squad who's not giving as much as the other girls, or one that out-shines the others like we've seen with a few squads in the past.

Stuntboi06 said:

I'm not going to knock him at all because he is living out his dream and wishes. The only suggestions I have is to work on form because its a little wild is possibly why it all comes off as punkish. If they tone it down some it would look a little better. I do like the pnettes but sometimes it's too much. Good job on the invite to be in the vid tho so someone must have saw something they liked.

Ray Dex said:

hmmm imma just leave it here and make a general comment.. puck counts are puck counts. no matter what sex throws them.. often wild and in your face, flashy and unpolished..

Christopher said:

my point exactly, if it wouldn't have been for their style and his choreography they wouldn't have got a casting call to be in the video.  I would also like to see them tone it down just a tab, but I will say they're all in sync, so at least they're not wild and un-uniformed.  I can never single one girl out on the squad who's not giving as much as the other girls, or one that out-shines the others like we've seen with a few squads in the past.

Stuntboi06 said:

Ray Dex said:

RSS

Video Search (RECOMMENDED)

SEEK, AND YE SHALL FIND

Discussion Forum

Golden Delight 2.0 2015-2016 "Metamorphosis"!!!! 205 Replies

Started by AggieHead Vanzant. Last reply by AggieHead Vanzant Jun 9.

Moving over to the new Forum!

Started by Stuntboi06 Jun 8.

2015 PRANCING J-SETTES AUDITIONS 205 Replies

Started by Eric. Last reply by Nastacia E.De Sousa Jun 8.

What Do the PEOPLE want from the SU DOLLS in 2015 ? 415 Replies

Started by honrae rokermore. Last reply by Cookie Dough Creole Jun 8.

© 2015   Created by Marchingsport.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service