Best HBCU Music Department

My Son will be attending an HBCU as a music education major. He has been accepted to several schools. Which HBCU, beyond the marching band, will offer him the best educational experience?

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• THE SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY OF BATON ROUGE LOUISIANA
  • Jackson State is a great University
  • ALABAMA A&M UNIVERSITY for more information about the Marching Band and beyond contact Carlton Wright and/ or visit AAMUBand.com. 

• I recall one of the legendary band directors at Jackson State, Harold Haughton, saying to a reunion audience that he auditioned at LSU for their graduate music program back in the day.  After the audition and interview, one the faculty members on the panel asked what schools he had attended.  He told them Jackson State, to which the LSU faculty member asked "where else?"  Said he told them the only school he had attended was Jackson State.  The response he got back was their amazement that he could have developed the level of musicianship and musical knowledge he displayed having attended only one school's undergraduate program.  Haughton said that it was at that moment that he realized that we had a superior program.

• Southern has a proven track record of great music educators.

• EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT THE LEGENDARY DR. ISSAIC GREGGS OF THE SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY OF BATON ROUGE !!!
This reply was deleted.