This year's QCBOTB will be located in Houston, TX at the NRG Stadium, on August 25, 2018! Although, it may be a big hassle/change for some...I for one think this is a great lineup! What do you all think about the lineup and the change from Charlotte to Houston?

Miles College

Bethune Cookman

Southern

Texas Southern

Prairie View

Talladega College

NC A&T

Tennessee State

Views: 3799

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Permalink Reply by K.Camp 1 hour ago Delete

Wow, that’s a great lineup! That’s definitely going to be some serious heat! Honestly, “Queen City” always manages to have a great line up, better than Honda.

Now, my personal problem isn’t Houston (although I personally wish they would have chosen somewhere else more central like Alabama, or Nashville), I just don’t care for the NRG Stadium. I’m really big on atmosphere and one thing I can say, the Memorial Stadium in Charlotte was the perfect atmosphere! It wasn’t too big and it wasn’t too small, it was just right. I personally hate when events are held at large venues that the particular event doesn’t have enough following to fill it up. Although it may be a large crowd, it always seems that no one is there when the venue is to large.  Yes, I’m sure it will be a successful event as far and tickets and sales but don’t think we will even fill up the first level completely.

Secondly, I don’t really care for band battles that are held indoor. The acoustics just aren’t my cup of tea. Yes, I know that the roof can open but more than likely, they will not open it for that event.  It’s just going to remind me of a pre-Honda, and I liked Queen City because it was a totally different vibe from Honda.

That’s just my personal opinion; I do with the event the best success though!

Rice Stadium or University of Houston would have been good. but you run the risk of it being hot as hell 

Bring it BACK to ATLANTA like 2008 , DEAR OLD MORRIS BROWN, Georgia TECH or The old Turner Field now Georgia STATE Stad. Newly Renovated !!!  #youwonthavetochangethenamept2

I like the lineup. I understand the reason behind moving the location; however, I don't like HBCU band battles held in stadiums. It takes away from the sound and the atmosphere. Hopefully, they will retract the roof of  NRG Stadium

I heard that BOA didn't want the event held there. supposedly the event outgrew the old stadium and it's being torn down. I'm mot sure about UNCC. Ive never been to their stadium.

xavier said:

If that stadium was a problem, They could've move to UNCC or BOA Stadium, What's the difference in BOA stadium And Houston, Both Big and I am pretty sure rent is a about the same. SHURGS SHOULDERS

Well stated. I always have a good time in Charlotte talking crap, laughing, singing, dancing, and cutting up with other band heads. Honda always seems boring because of the large area and people really not being able to move about like outdoors.

K.Camp said:

Permalink Reply by K.Camp 1 hour ago Delete

Wow, that’s a great lineup! That’s definitely going to be some serious heat! Honestly, “Queen City” always manages to have a great line up, better than Honda.

Now, my personal problem isn’t Houston (although I personally wish they would have chosen somewhere else more central like Alabama, or Nashville), I just don’t care for the NRG Stadium. I’m really big on atmosphere and one thing I can say, the Memorial Stadium in Charlotte was the perfect atmosphere! It wasn’t too big and it wasn’t too small, it was just right. I personally hate when events are held at large venues that the particular event doesn’t have enough following to fill it up. Although it may be a large crowd, it always seems that no one is there when the venue is to large.  Yes, I’m sure it will be a successful event as far and tickets and sales but don’t think we will even fill up the first level completely.

Secondly, I don’t really care for band battles that are held indoor. The acoustics just aren’t my cup of tea. Yes, I know that the roof can open but more than likely, they will not open it for that event.  It’s just going to remind me of a pre-Honda, and I liked Queen City because it was a totally different vibe from Honda.

That’s just my personal opinion; I do with the event the best success though!

Welp...so much for the Houston edition of the Queen City BOTB.  

No BOOM ....... It’ll be trash......

Calling it Magnolia City would get it some attention because people are gonna have a fit and definitely wanna know what the name have to do with Houston.

Marcus Baxter said:

Those were my exact thoughts. Is this a temporary move? If not then they would need to change the name to something more suitable like, The Magnolia City BOTB.
Book said:

My guess, a name change is needed to the QCBOTB 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service