2012 New Orleans Mardi GRAS battles most likely to happen!?!?

St Aug vs O Perry Walker Alla Feb 12th (The Super Bowl of Mardi grad battles)NOAASB vs Jefferson Parish Alla???? I can see that happeningBacchus=The Battle royale of marching bandsOrpheus=same thing as BacchusWho will be the ultimate top dawg?The bandhead awards were nice but these next two weeks can earn several bands a years worth of bragging rights!Mardi GRAS 2012: the year when every band has something to prove!

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm so excited for Friday/the entire weekend I probably won't even be able to sleep Thursday night!! I'm still tripping on how everybody trying to get NOAASB to battle some of these high schools. I can see them play or showcase a couple tunes on the neutral ground, but I think these GROWN MEN battling HIGH SCHOOLERS is beneath them. lol. Should be an interesting weekend though. Good luck to everybody! Let's start this first weekend of parades off right!!

• Right!!!!! Grown alumni vs high schoolers...lol...some comments i just dont understand...I've seen people say oh noaasb vs walker or aug or jp...lmao....really?

JGrows said:

I'm so excited for Friday/the entire weekend I probably won't even be able to sleep Thursday night!! I'm still tripping on how everybody trying to get NOAASB to battle some of these high schools. I can see them play or showcase a couple tunes on the neutral ground, but I think these GROWN MEN battling HIGH SCHOOLERS is beneath them. lol. Should be an interesting weekend though. Good luck to everybody! Let's start this first weekend of parades off right!!

• JP Allstar band is not marching now as of what I know. I don't think no body will want to battle NOAASB. Im not saying anything on their part. Sunday everything will be reviled. I know one thing, them boys on A.P. Teaurd have something to show walker. I think the main battle we will see is Walker Vs. St. Aug again. NOAASB might just serve as a feature band out there for the battle at alla. The best band that will hit the street from new orleans will of course be NOAASB. St.Aug will dominate the parades this year.

• I'm glad that there are not any New Orleans high schoolers on this forum complaining about battling NOAASB. If this was back in the day, Aug, the K, Fortier or any other band you could think of would have been up for the challenge. 

• man ... lol NOAASB vs The K  & Carver 2001 Combined LOL

american bandman said:

I'm glad that there are not any New Orleans high schoolers on this forum complaining about battling NOAASB. If this was back in the day, Aug, the K, Fortier or any other band you could think of would have been up for the challenge. 

St Aug vs O Perry Walker Alla Feb 12th (The Super Bowl of Mardi grad battles) NOAASB vs Jefferson Parish Alla???? I can see that happening Bacchus=T…
  • These upcoming parades with NOAASB is a very unique and will be a part of history. NOAASB is making history in 2012 for Mardi Gras and for the whole city of New Orleans. This is the first time a All-Star Band has ever marched in New Orleans. For years since the late 70's Alumni tried to start a band like this. I know NOAASB will get more phone calls to do more events. Its because of Youtube that the guy who runs Alla asked Baryl to see if he could get the band to march. That means footage is valuable and very important. New Orleans is a place where things happen where you won't find anywhere. Alla and the NYX will be a great example of just that.

The Book said:

man ... lol NOAASB vs The K  & Carver 2001 Combined LOL

american bandman said:

I'm glad that there are not any New Orleans high schoolers on this forum complaining about battling NOAASB. If this was back in the day, Aug, the K, Fortier or any other band you could think of would have been up for the challenge. 

St Aug vs O Perry Walker Alla Feb 12th (The Super Bowl of Mardi grad battles) NOAASB vs Jefferson Parish Alla???? I can see that happening Bacchus=T…
  • People expectations will make THEIR parade boring. lol JP Allstars was never intending to march together or battle anyone this Sunday at ALLA. Alla is the only parade all schools on the westbank battle eachother/ besides Walker.

Actually New Orleans Allstar Band (h.s) marched in Edymion together back in 2001 or 2002. they werent that big, but they had a good number of students to march the parade.

• I feel st aug gon dominate this year
  • Yeah I heard St.Aug Marching down the street last week.. they got perfect balance sound. Just like the old Aug, they don't got as much power but for a bunch of lil middle schoolers with High School. My hat off to Herb for his effort with St.Aug this year.

• agreed!!!

american bandman said:

This reply was deleted.