2014 AAMU outlook!!!

I know its a little early but this is a good time to bring these topics up. There is alot of ways this season could go for AAMU's football team and band but we gone focus on the band.....

Personally me I think with growth in the brass section (mellos, baritones, trumpets) and with the schedule aamu will be relevant again. (main reason) The schedule alone will make them relavent, First game the MEAC/SWAC challenge, First home game is homecoming vs grambling(doubt they show) and another verse alcorn state, away games vs jackson state, valley and pine bluff but most importantly, the classic. Alot of people and fans know with the numbers aamu has they sound hella good, but to crest that potential they need that attack in the stands.... I look for the numbers around 160-170 mainly because mr wright has a good pipeline to birmingham and the fact aamu is doing good things!!!

Your Thoughts on all things AAMU(band, divas, size, football team)?????

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Feel free to also include in the conversation about any swac bands new season is nearing
  • I am excited to see the band...I know the public will be just excited to see too. One thing about AAMU MMW no matter the size they always sounded good. Only recently they have had low numbers but I remember in the 90s they had almost 300 (SIAC) 1998/1999 (newest SWAC school) numbers got up to 250 w/ aux. Still maintained that sound with a lot of that SWAC aggressiveness.

Fast forward to now...the focus is on balance and having that clean articulation and sound less on blowing out of control.

The band/ University will have plenty of exposure this year MEAC/SWAC game, Tuskegee, UAB, Magic City Classic etc. 

Dancing Divas: "Hardest Working girls in the SWAC" they been putting in that work and involving especially in the past 2 to 3 years. 

Football team: NEW COACH! This man has been putting in work Coach Spady is so the opposite of Coach Jones as far as strategy. He hasn't even played his first game and the Community in Huntsville / Bham is excited to see the new AAMU Pistol Offense. 

This will be a turn around year for the Band/ Football team as a whole. 

GO BULLDOGS!!!

• Yes sir aamu one time

J_AAMU said:

I am excited to see the band...I know the public will be just excited to see too. One thing about AAMU MMW no matter the size they always sounded good. Only recently they have had low numbers but I remember in the 90s they had almost 300 (SIAC) 1998/1999 (newest SWAC school) numbers got up to 250 w/ aux. Still maintained that sound with a lot of that SWAC aggressiveness.

Fast forward to now...the focus is on balance and having that clean articulation and sound less on blowing out of control.

The band/ University will have plenty of exposure this year MEAC/SWAC game, Tuskegee, UAB, Magic City Classic etc. 

Dancing Divas: "Hardest Working girls in the SWAC" they been putting in that work and involving especially in the past 2 to 3 years. 

Football team: NEW COACH! This man has been putting in work Coach Spady is so the opposite of Coach Jones as far as strategy. He hasn't even played his first game and the Community in Huntsville / Bham is excited to see the new AAMU Pistol Offense. 

This will be a turn around year for the Band/ Football team as a whole. 

GO BULLDOGS!!!

2014 AAMU outlook!!!
    I know its a little early but this is a good time to bring these topics up. There is alot of ways this season could go for AAMU's football team and b…
This reply was deleted.