Replies

• I missed it, but I've seen clips and it was another EPIC battle.

• .......... i thought a thread was happenin

• I was there, and I thought the botb friday night was pretty close until the 3rd round, when Southern 4ook complete advantage of the battle and never looked back... The crowd was Jsu fan dominated but by the end of the night the crowd had come to relize that the SUperior band was that of the jags... Better arrangements, more clarity, song selection was second to none... BOTB-Southern....... The fith quarter started well, with each band connecting on punches.. I thought Jsu was louder in the Zero and through out til 3rd quarter, but I also thought SU had more power, and clarity from jump.. so i would say ZERO QUARTER-Tied!,,,, Halftime- flatout SU victory!,,,!!! Fifth quater was also a SU victory!!!!.......... Su taking the w, but jsu stayed close due to there loudness, but u cant win a battle with just that

• Let's set some lies to rest. First off there are lies that says the reason SU was late was because the Boom fu..ed the on their hotel. Not true!!!! Haymer fu..led hisself. Taylor offer to put him at the Marriott downtown the same as he did for PV. But Hymer refused and said he didn't want to be that close to JSU campus so he took SU all they way to Canton and had to split the band into two hotels. That's a fact!!! Next lie, SU didn't take over at the end, what they did was they acted like ni..ers. The set up was and agreed to was 10 songs each band and that was it. If you recall SU went first. So the last song was supposed to be on JSU. JSU did so as agreed somJSU didn't play another pop tune but instead their fight song to end the event then SU played their almamta and JSU did the same. Then SU broke the rules and went to ni..reveille and played two more. Taylor told JSU to play the show since SU kept playing. SU ran back into the stands and played again. Let's be real, One of the two directors had to show class and professionallism or it would have gotten out of control so Taylor was the one. He knew if he kept playing SU would play and they would have been their all night. But when you agree to something and sign a contract and break it that's foul and if you support a man not keeping his word then you have moral issues and I hope that's not what you would teach your kids. Your word is suppose to be bond plus that was what was in the contract.

Now the next unkept word by Haymer was both had agreed not to play on the other marching in. At that point Taylor took the gloves off and blew evertim SU gave a horns up. And guess who got mad???? I guess Haymer can dish it but can't take it. Now those are the facts.

Now I know SU folk will come back and blast what I just said and say I'm lying but y'all know that's what they do and how they are if your not prasing SU; ndon't get me wrong SU sounded darn good at both events. But I can't support aman not keeping his word and the message that sends to feature band directors in his band. But I won't respond because it's point because they suffer from "Haymeritis" a condition that causes you enjoy and support "coon" like behavior. Don't believe me, just wait for it they won't disappoint you. The question is not will they, but who will be the first one to display this disease.
  • Yeah they did try to stop SU from playing so the drumline can play but SU play'd anyway and then Jackson State play'd something right back so what does that make them. And Haymer can care less about how you "fans" feel about him. & we don't care if the BOTB don't continue going on because it jus not benefiting us , it's benfiting JSU Band Dept as well.
  • Well done Band/Music!! You nailed it
  • Preach! JSU was doing the same ish. So two wrongs don't make it right.

Michael Dedrick said:
    Yeah they did try to stop SU from playing so the drumline can play but SU play'd anyway and then Jackson State play'd something right back so what does that make them. And Haymer can care less about how you "fans" feel about him. & we don't care if the BOTB don't continue going on because it jus not benefiting us , it's benfiting JSU Band Dept as well.
    2014 Boombox Classic Weekend AFTERMATH
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
  • Lol the ass whooping the band the dolls and the football team gave you all got in you all in your feelings. Are you on your period.....

BAND/MUSIC said:
    SU was very unprofessional and kept playing when the host asked them nicely to stop so the master drumline kids can perform. They were mocking the kids as they played which was cray. All and all the fans are just like the Band director. I never heard a crowd use so much profanity not a good look on the school. Yes its a great rival but to act like they did was totally over the top. Only discipline shown was the dancing dolls. The rest of SU was classless. I really dont see this Battle of the bands lasting because its only so much taylor going to take from an adult acting like a teenager. However the BOTB, Zero Quater, 5th was neck and neck. But I give halftime to JSU & Jsettes. ALSO legally JSU could take all the proceeds because there was a breach of contract. Mark my words Haymer will be a liability to SU legacy sooner or later. No control or character.
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
  • Lol take the lost and keep it moving.

SOP83 said:
    Let's set some lies to rest. First off there are lies that says the reason SU was late was because the Boom fu..ed the on their hotel. Not true!!!! Haymer fu..led hisself. Taylor offer to put him at the Marriott downtown the same as he did for PV. But Hymer refused and said he didn't want to be that close to JSU campus so he took SU all they way to Canton and had to split the band into two hotels. That's a fact!!! Next lie, SU didn't take over at the end, what they did was they acted like ni..ers. The set up was and agreed to was 10 songs each band and that was it. If you recall SU went first. So the last song was supposed to be on JSU. JSU did so as agreed somJSU didn't play another pop tune but instead their fight song to end the event then SU played their almamta and JSU did the same. Then SU broke the rules and went to ni..reveille and played two more. Taylor told JSU to play the show since SU kept playing. SU ran back into the stands and played again. Let's be real, One of the two directors had to show class and professionallism or it would have gotten out of control so Taylor was the one. He knew if he kept playing SU would play and they would have been their all night. But when you agree to something and sign a contract and break it that's foul and if you support a man not keeping his word then you have moral issues and I hope that's not what you would teach your kids. Your word is suppose to be bond plus that was what was in the contract.

Now the next unkept word by Haymer was both had agreed not to play on the other marching in. At that point Taylor took the gloves off and blew evertim SU gave a horns up. And guess who got mad???? I guess Haymer can dish it but can't take it. Now those are the facts.

Now I know SU folk will come back and blast what I just said and say I'm lying but y'all know that's what they do and how they are if your not prasing SU; ndon't get me wrong SU sounded darn good at both events. But I can't support aman not keeping his word and the message that sends to feature band directors in his band. But I won't respond because it's point because they suffer from "Haymeritis" a condition that causes you enjoy and support "coon" like behavior. Don't believe me, just wait for it they won't disappoint you. The question is not will they, but who will be the first one to display this disease.
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
  • The Boom is known for being dirty. Let's not forget when THe Boom played Power during Southern's fieldshow at the BOTB in 2010.

SOP83 said:
    Let's set some lies to rest. First off there are lies that says the reason SU was late was because the Boom fu..ed the on their hotel. Not true!!!! Haymer fu..led hisself. Taylor offer to put him at the Marriott downtown the same as he did for PV. But Hymer refused and said he didn't want to be that close to JSU campus so he took SU all they way to Canton and had to split the band into two hotels. That's a fact!!! Next lie, SU didn't take over at the end, what they did was they acted like ni..ers. The set up was and agreed to was 10 songs each band and that was it. If you recall SU went first. So the last song was supposed to be on JSU. JSU did so as agreed somJSU didn't play another pop tune but instead their fight song to end the event then SU played their almamta and JSU did the same. Then SU broke the rules and went to ni..reveille and played two more. Taylor told JSU to play the show since SU kept playing. SU ran back into the stands and played again. Let's be real, One of the two directors had to show class and professionallism or it would have gotten out of control so Taylor was the one. He knew if he kept playing SU would play and they would have been their all night. But when you agree to something and sign a contract and break it that's foul and if you support a man not keeping his word then you have moral issues and I hope that's not what you would teach your kids. Your word is suppose to be bond plus that was what was in the contract.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
This reply was deleted.