2014 SWAC BANDS!!!! (curiosity on size)

Just one simple question keeps coming through my head it's been relatively a quiet off season and I really am just curious to know does anyone know any approximate sizes or just the size outlook for any SWAC bands???? It's been really quiet and I know most schools recruiting numbers are going up a little with exposure and money ..... just curious .... looking forward to the new season

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jackson State is marching 7 people this fall, 1 triangle, 2 kazoo's, 2 trumpets, a banjo, and we stole one of Grambling's rolling bass drums. The rest of the band transferred to help Famu's program for game 1.

• watch famu's band be bigger than ever swac band but still cant put out the sound of even mvsu...... but Im the most curious to see AAMU, bama state, JSU and SU band size tho

• Ikr n everyone knows that. .... but aamu schedule really sets up to give them exposure but I expect jsu n Bama state to b good but if aamu is normal size bout 160 then man turn up but they need more crankin songs may have to bring in a additional arranger
  • Miles college is blessed!

Good luck to all schools this season
  • Southern University 400 !!!

• I think SU,GSU,BAMA ST, JSU, UAPB ALCORN, WILL HAVE NICE SIZE. Im really curious on PV, TXSU,AAMU,MVSU size Not use to seeing PV that small.... But I can see SU.GSU.BAMA ST JSU BEING 220-250+ But the swac numbers mean NOTHING LOL
  • I agree the only thing I would include both aamu and txsu in the 160 to 180 range something tells me were in for a surprise cuz you have seen nothing or any summer videos but I think just jsu su Bama state and will be over 200 the other bands really have to work to get to 200 because of recruiting numbers I guess but lord have mercy if aamu ever get 200+

tony said:
    I think SU,GSU,BAMA ST, JSU, UAPB ALCORN, WILL HAVE NICE SIZE. Im really curious on PV, TXSU,AAMU,MVSU size Not use to seeing PV that small.... But I can see SU.GSU.BAMA ST JSU BEING 220-250+ But the swac numbers mean NOTHING LOL
    Just one simple question keeps coming through my head it's been relatively a quiet off season and I really am just curious to know does anyone know a…
  • I hope it will be an Alabama botb this year!! I hope everyone show up..

FYI:: We were never invited to battle last year!!

BAND/MUSIC said:

Hey i didnt know miles were SWAC lol jk.... glad to hear because I am looking forward to that Talladega battle

Professor Snipes said:

Miles college is blessed!

Just one simple question keeps coming through my head it's been relatively a quiet off season and I really am just curious to know does anyone know a…
  • The BOTB between AAMU and Alabama State in the gym?? idk why because miles is legit!! smh just show up and smash

Professor Snipes said:

I hope it will be an Alabama botb this year!! I hope everyone show up..

FYI:: We were never invited to battle last year!!

BAND/MUSIC said:

Hey i didnt know miles were SWAC lol jk.... glad to hear because I am looking forward to that Talladega battle

Professor Snipes said:

Miles college is blessed!

• I wouldnt say that JSU SU GSU normally have similar sizes 2013 all three had pretty good sizes and from GSU spring game clip it looked as alot will be returning....
    Xavier Miller said:
    I agree the only thing I would include both aamu and txsu in the 160 to 180 range something tells me were in for a surprise cuz you have seen nothing or any summer videos but I think just jsu su Bama state and will be over 200 the other bands really have to work to get to 200 because of recruiting numbers I guess but lord have mercy if aamu ever get 200+

tony said:
    I think SU,GSU,BAMA ST, JSU, UAPB ALCORN, WILL HAVE NICE SIZE. Im really curious on PV, TXSU,AAMU,MVSU size Not use to seeing PV that small.... But I can see SU.GSU.BAMA ST JSU BEING 220-250+ But the swac numbers mean NOTHING LOL
This reply was deleted.